Author Topic: About Beetles  (Read 4922 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
About Beetles
« on: August 07, 2011, 04:12:55 PM »
I know there are quite a lot of beetles in the game, but I never understood which is from which EP. I know there are like 10 that come with the base game, but is there a complete, detailed list somewhere?

Also, has anyone got any real profit from collecting them? I'm not asking about other collectibles and even butterflies, just beetles. Have you found them profitable? I'm thinking of using them as a backup collection in case something goes wrong, so I need all the info there is about them. Where did you find the expensive beetles? How much (nearly) did they cost? Any advices? Sorry for many questions, I just really need to know. Thank you. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: About Beetles
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
From my experence, beetles are not very profitable.  The average price I have encoutnered is no more than maybe 20 simolians.  And most I find are only worth about 5..or less.   Then again, the ones I find the most of are the lady bugs and cockroaches.

But the Guide does have a list.  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/collecting/bugs.php   Though I don't know how uptodate it is.  It only goes through WA.  Don't know if more bugs came with Ambtions, NL, and Generations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »
There definitely were some with Late Night. Thanks Folcon! Aw, that sucks, I was going to use them in my decadynasty just in case. :(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 01:19:56 AM »
I believe the bugs that came with Late Night are:

Spiders
Termites
Will-O'-The-Wisps
Check out my new story here!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22:02 AM »
There definitely were some with Late Night. Thanks Folcon! Aw, that sucks, I was going to use them in my decadynasty just in case. :(

I don't see why you can't use beetles in your DecaDynasty.  As long as it's a collection of 10 that you leave behind, it should be fine as far as a requirement for moving.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »
Thanks MissP! Except Will-o-Wisps are butterflies. ;)

Pam, the price really does matter in this case, I was wondering if those "Rainbow" beetles were worth more, so that I could collect and count only those. I've never had success with collecting beetles. Once my Sim spent two days trying to collect Red Assassin Bugs, they kept escaping him. :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 04:12:55 AM »
Thanks MissP! Except Will-o-Wisps are butterflies. ;)

Pam, the price really does matter in this case, I was wondering if those "Rainbow" beetles were worth more, so that I could collect and count only those. I've never had success with collecting beetles. Once my Sim spent two days trying to collect Red Assassin Bugs, they kept escaping him. :(

I haven't started a DecaDynasty yet, so I'm not as familiar with the rules.  I guess you can count the value of the collections as part of your score?  The Rainbow beetles are the most valuable of all the beetles, but they are very hard to find.  I didn't find one for the first time until right before the collecting challenge.  I didn't even know they existed!  They can be found in Sunset Valley at Sim Henge, right in the very middle of the circle of stones.  You'll find others there, too, but eventually a Rainbow will show up.  I don't recall how much they're worth, but possibly over $1,000.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 04:14:40 AM »
The more your Sim catch bugs and butterflies, the better he is at this. Check the collection tab challenges, I think it's interesting to unlock their respective challenge first (bugs or butterflies).

The rarest bugs are above 1000 $ which is not that bad.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 04:30:23 AM »
Yeah, the main component of scoring is the value of collections. Most people go with sculptures/paintings/art stuff, but I want something unusual, lol.

Thanks, and you too, Bella! I never had luck with the Simhenge thing, but I'll see if I can find the beetles there. I got my strategy ready: I'll make the Sim (only one Sim is going to collect -- Chris Steel in this case as he's rather young and won't die any time soon) collect low value bugs first, so he can try and fail as much as he wishes without me yelling at him for losing the chance of collecting the 1000$ bug, and when he has 10 already, I'll move on to seeking those high-value ones.

Does anyone know how much Red Assassin Bugs are worth? I'm thinking of sending him to Shang Simla, taking the adventure that reveals the bugs' locations and then have him collect those. But the question is, are those worth the trouble or should I go with only Rainbow ones? :-\

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:39:25 AM »
Red Assassin bugs are probably the second most expensive.  Back when I was doing research for the Crazy Eights Collector's challenge, I identified the 8 most expensive beetles in the game (through World Adventures).  I left out the Rainbow beetle because it was just crazy difficult to find.  I've got them listed in order on the challenge rules page.  Check it out here.

Edit:  The values of the beetles are on the Guide.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 04:45:55 AM »
Red Assassin bugs are probably the second most expensive.  Back when I was doing research for the Crazy Eights Collector's challenge, I identified the 8 most expensive beetles in the game (through World Adventures).  I left out the Rainbow beetle because it was just crazy difficult to find.  I've got them listed in order on the challenge rules page.  Check it out here.

Edit:  The values of the beetles are on the Guide.

Wow, thanks Pam! Looks like I'll refer to the guide and the Crazy Eight's challenge thread much more than I had initially expected. Thanks again, very helpful!