Author Topic: Is Barnacle Bay worth getting?  (Read 5313 times)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Is Barnacle Bay worth getting?
« on: August 04, 2011, 04:15:20 PM »
I'm unsure whether or not to download Barnacle Bay, and would really love it if I could get some advice. I already have Twinbrook, Bridgeport and Riverview, and I'm wondering if Barnacle Bay would really add much to my gameplay, especially as I have four other worlds already. The biggest issue for me is the price: 2000 simpoints :o, or around £15 (as I live in the UK). I am however willing to spend the money if it will be a worthwhile investment.

What does everyone think?

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Kėėtrėh
Re: Is Barnacle Bay worth getting?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:52 PM »
In my opinion, it's horrible. I didn't buy it, and I still think it's a poor investment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »
I really enjoy Barnacle Bay. The only thing is that EA forgot to put seed spawners in it. There are two. I think one is common and one is uncommon. The point is that you can't get special seeds without using buydebug. The new environment is definitely refreshing, though. I also like having a lot of neighborhood options for legacies and dynasties.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »
Barnacle Bay is a rather good place to settle your Sims in, however other EA towns by far exceed the amount of things offered. I can't complain though, as I wished forever for them to bring back the Calientes.

I would recommend waiting about twenty days for the new store world, Hidden Springs. It looks far better than BB and actually introduces some new gameplay to the game. "Magic", they say.

Oh, and it will also cost 2000 SimPoints.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Personally BB is my favorite world.  I love the scenery and the lots it came with, along with the townies.  Most of my games take place there.  If you don't want to pay full price, I would check the Daily Deal everyday for a few weeks.  I have seen BB on there many times. 
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »
It depends. You will get a few items with it that you normally won't get. But the thing is that EA had build a whole world around those items in one particular style: pirate, as you know.

I think it is worth the price, if you think about the amount of work it will take to make all those objects and to build a world.
But if it's worth it is all up to you actually.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 05:28:42 PM »
It depends. You will get a few items with it that you normally won't get. But the thing is that EA had build a whole world around those items in one particular style: pirate, as you know.

I think it is worth the price, if you think about the amount of work it will take to make all those objects and to build a world.
But if it's worth it is all up to you actually.

Leto, there are actually quite a few people on the Exchange that did this with CAW, it's no different. Those people put work into their worlds, too.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
Leto, there are actually quite a few people on the Exchange that did this with CAW, it's no different. Those people put work into their worlds, too.

True, but don't forget the items. Yeah well, you can count CC for that, but that was not what I was reffering too.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 08:50:49 PM »
In my opinion, it's horrible. I didn't buy it, and I still think it's a poor investment.

How do you have the opinion that it's horrible if you didn't buy it and haven't played?

Regarding special seeds, I don't think EA necessarily forgot to put in seed spawners.  Instead of finding special seeds around the town, you can harvest the actual fruit (flame fruit, lifefruit) in a couple of places.  Special seeds also turn up while fishing quite a bit.  It seemed to me that they came from fishing more often than they do in other towns.

But is Barnacle Bay worth getting?  Yes, if you want a new town that has new townie Sims, new houses, and a new feel.  It delivers all of that.  If you want new game play or special features, then no, it's not going to give that to you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
Personally, I love Barnacle Bay. It's one of my favorite towns to play. I'm especially fond of the the Pirate theme. What Expansion Packs do you have so far? If you only have Generations, Barnacle Bay is a good edition if you get sick of playing Sunset Valley and/or Riverview, since Generations doesn't have a new town. It's a nice town with new Sims and a really cool theme to it. Especially if you get sick of the other towns.

My only personal complaint and this is with Sunset Valley and Riverview too, is that you have to add the night clubs and bars yourself. Other than that, Barnacle Bay is my favorite town to play.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 02:37:59 PM »
@jeanamariex3 I have all the Expansion Packs so far. It does really annoy me having to add the LN bars to Sunset Valley and Riverview, they always look so tacked on and out of place.

I didn't realise that there was a new town out soon, I checked out the Hidden Springs thread and saw its being released on my birthday! (Maybe it's a sign :P) I'm going to do what Chronic suggested, wait and see what its like, then I'll make a decision.

Thanks everyone for your advice :)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 03:55:53 PM »
It does really annoy me having to add the LN bars to Sunset Valley and Riverview, they always look so tacked on and out of place.

Have you seen Naga's Sunset Valley? He's done the work for you and most of the LN buildings are custom builds so it doesn't look weird.

Get it here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=3159.0

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »
Have you seen Naga's Sunset Valley? He's done the work for you and most of the LN buildings are custom builds so it doesn't look weird.

Get it here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=3159.0

No I hadn't seen this yet, it looks amazing! I'm going to download it now, if I can follow the instructions. (Computer Whiz is definitely not one of my traits!)

Thanks for posting the link, PJSim.

anything