Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149152 times)

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2011, 01:55:10 AM »
I think there must be at least over 50 Car Spaces in that town alone, 6 on most Lots to so propbably more than that. I find Reset Sim also helps a lot.

I meant only those abandoned cars on the streets. I don't know anything about the car spaces, and I assume you can go to edit town and delete those if you want (from lots). But the ones on the streets are just stuck there... :/
I need to test the "save to bin" trick more to see if the car problem can be avoided.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2011, 02:09:05 AM »
I meant only those abandoned cars on the streets. I don't know anything about the car spaces, and I assume you can go to edit town and delete those if you want (from lots). But the ones on the streets are just stuck there... :/
I need to test the "save to bin" trick more to see if the car problem can be avoided.

You can but I think that the Amount of Car Spaces has also been concluded to cause Lag due to it making Townies and adding that multiple cars bug?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »
I got it worked out about the Dance Club and the Disco.  They came with the town and you just have to place them from Commercial Buildings in Edit Town.  They don't have a name, so you can name them whatever you want.  They are a very convenient 40 x 40 and fit nicely in two perfect sized lots.

Now I have another rookie question.  I read that I have to place the Fountain of Youth from Edit Town, but I can't find it.  Any help?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
It DOES but it also leaves cars scattered around the city. I tested this in one of my games, and it seemes if there is a sim (townie, whatever) driving a car when you do global reset, the car is left on the street and there's no way to remove it. Just a warning, I've had this car thing happen in 2 games where I've used resetsim * several times.

For cars on the street try with testingcheatsenabled on to shift click on the car, select object then delete. I can get rid of most cars on that get stuck on the street this way.
About the only place I've had a car and could delete this way is if a car is on the bridge in Bridgeport I haven't been able to click on those for some reason.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »
Now I have another rookie question.  I read that I have to place the Fountain of Youth from Edit Town, but I can't find it.  Any help?

In Buy Mode sort by Function, Decor, Sculptures and it should be the last one in the list.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
@bmwsauber - I'm having the same issue. I thought it was just my machine. It's not every 3 minutes but once in a while I'll freeze and then it'll restart itself as long as I don't click to mess with it.

I have a rookie question. Has anyone found a rainbow gem spawn spot? I've looked and looked but I cannot find it at all.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »
I've found the rainbow gem in Hidden Springs. It's at a spawn spot right by the dynasty lot, the empty 64x64 lot.  There are often other gems here as well, such as diamonds or tanzanite, but the rainbow definitely spawns there, as I've gotten a few.  If you're facing the mailbox, standing on the road, it will spawn to the left in the shadow of a big rock amidst a trio of trees.  As a bonus, there's a butterfly spawn point near there that will spawn rainbow butterflies and silver spotted skipper butterflies on occasion.

That leads me to a question, though.  Has anyone found the rainbow beetle or trilobite in Hidden Springs?  Or palladium and plutonium?  I haven't had any luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »
Thanks, I keep checking that spot but no luck. I guess patience is the key

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
I found the Fountain of Youth and placed it in one of the parks.  My Sim went to visit there, drank from it, and wished for youth.  He got a sparkle/pop and I got a message that he's got more brain synapses firing, but his age didn't change.  He's been 10 days from Elder all through it.  Did I overlook something?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Sportsfan

« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2011, 12:25:48 AM »
Not having the town myself I can't say for certain, but I believe someone here said that it doesn't always make your sim younger.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2011, 12:41:56 AM »
In mine, it took like three to five times, for others that I have read, takes up to 50 times.  If you drink from the fountain, it only reduces your age by a day or so, if you make wish, it will eventually bring the age back to the beginning of the life stage you are on.  I finally had to go find life fruit to hold my sim over until I could finally make the wish come true.  Some people have never got it to work. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2011, 03:11:56 AM »
I found the Fountain of Youth and placed it in one of the parks.  My Sim went to visit there, drank from it, and wished for youth.  He got a sparkle/pop and I got a message that he's got more brain synapses firing, but his age didn't change.  He's been 10 days from Elder all through it.  Did I overlook something?

71 Times is the most I've had to do it. I came to the conclusion that you are more likely to fail or have a trait turned than actually get your Wish. I did it with another Sim and she did it first go so it's just really random.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2011, 07:12:17 AM »
Well, good grief!  What's the point of a half a million dollar Fountain of Youth of it almost never works?  Argh!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2011, 07:17:43 AM »
Well, good grief!  What's the point of a half a million dollar Fountain of Youth of it almost never works?  Argh!

Yeah, when I heard that it didn't always work I thought okay, but the chances of it working are so low it made me think like you are now. I guess it's to keep it similar to Ambrosia and still a kind of challenge.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2011, 07:29:07 AM »
It seems a little daft to me that it costs so much money and doesn't work every time. There are so many other ways to make a Sim younger,cheating and none cheating,the whole fountain of youth thing seems pointless.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything