Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149170 times)

dimy77

Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
There's a Hidden Springs Q&A vid on the official Sim3 Youtube Channel that answers a lot of questions and shows some of the new stuff introduced with Hidden Springs. There's some outfits for female and male and new windows as mentioned above.

There's nothing "magical" to be found in Hidden Springs... unless they mean the "Fountain of Youth" thingy, which in fact isn't even placed in the World by EA but must be placed manually by the user. The "green" townies have no special abilities either, it's just a cosmetic thing... so from that perspective it's all a bit disappointing really. But that doens't change the fact that the town itself does look gorgeous.

Here's a link to the Q&A vid (about 40 mins) : LIVE Q&A OF THE SIMS 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS WITH AZURE BOWIE-HANKINS

Leto85

« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
Here's a link to the Q&A vid (about 40 mins) : LIVE Q&A OF THE SIMS 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS WITH AZURE BOWIE-HANKINS

Thanks for the link. Is it possible for occult sims to use that fountain?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
Have you guys found where the dance club is located?  I found a disco-tech, but it didn't satisfy my Sim's wish to visit a dance club.  I don't see any of the regular map tags for something like this, either.  They've changed them for this town to something with a table and umbrella.
Pam I made a Dance Club just for HS, you can download it if you want.
Different Hues Dance Club. And the table with umbrella means Hangout.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: September 12, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »

I can find out if a Ghost or an IF turned real can use it for you.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #349 on: September 12, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
I can find out if a Ghost or an IF turned real can use it for you.

That would be really much appreciated! :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:04 AM »
Well, that's a bit annoying.  I don't recall getting wishes for things that I haven't installed until now.  I figured since my Sim wished for it, it must be there somewhere.  Thanks for the answers.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
Well, that's a bit annoying.  I don't recall getting wishes for things that I haven't installed until now.  I figured since my Sim wished for it, it must be there somewhere.  Thanks for the answers.

Hahaha, like your sims are wishing for horses and magical fountains already and if they don't get it in time they will suffer huge dipresments. :P That would be for EA a really nasty way of selling products. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

dimy77

« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2011, 10:18:21 AM »

No idea to be honest because I haven't tried. But if I understand it correctly the fountain of youth basicly works with the exact same mechanics as a Live Fruit. When you drink from it your age is reset by one day. So if you can eat live fruit with an occult sim you should also be able to drink from the fountain.

The second aspect of the fountain is you can make a wish, which only in very rare occasions become true. If I'm not mistaken this will reset your sim the 1st day of their Young Adult stage, so e.g. exactly the same mechanics as the Young Again potion from the chemical station. So if the occult sim can use that potion he can also make the wish at the fountain.

Personally I find Live Fruits and Potions much easier to obtain than the fountain of youth :).

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
An IF turned real had the option to drink and wish. A teenage ghost could drink from it, I didn't notice the wish action but he hasn't been a teen for long so that could be why.

dimy77

« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2011, 11:40:24 AM »
An IF turned real had the option to drink and wish. A teenage ghost could drink from it, I didn't notice the wish action but he hasn't been a teen for long so that could be why.

I think the "wish" option will bring the sim back to 1st day of Young Adult, so makes kinda sense that a teen (occult or normal) wouldn't be able to do so as it would make them older rather than younger.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
The only difference is, if a sim is elder or adult, the young again potion will take them back to the beginning of their young adult stage.  Fountain of youth, just takes them back to the beginning of whatever stage they are currently in, like Ambrosia does. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Bmwsauber

• Nooboo
« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2011, 11:21:25 PM »
I love this town, yet it is still very buggy (to my game anyways) meaning that every 3 minutes, it freezes for 15 seconds and then continues the game. However, I really do like the layout of the town especially the spa!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2011, 11:38:01 PM »
I love this town, yet it is still very buggy (to my game anyways) meaning that every 3 minutes, it freezes for 15 seconds and then continues the game. However, I really do like the layout of the town especially the spa!

Try using the global reset command (resetsim *).  I've found it helps with this kind of lagging.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2011, 01:02:26 AM »
Try using the global reset command (resetsim *).  I've found it helps with this kind of lagging.

It DOES but it also leaves cars scattered around the city. I tested this in one of my games, and it seemes if there is a sim (townie, whatever) driving a car when you do global reset, the car is left on the street and there's no way to remove it. Just a warning, I've had this car thing happen in 2 games where I've used resetsim * several times.

I found a work around for this! Or maybe this could be a proper workaround:
I went to Edit Town, and  saved the household to the bin. The game gives a pop up about this resetting every sim's actions and queues (isnt it the same as resetsim *). It loads a while and tadah, the lag was gone, and for now Ive found no stuck cars. :)

(I get this same lag in Riverview from time to time)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2011, 01:46:54 AM »
It DOES but it also leaves cars scattered around the city.

I think there must be at least over 50 Car Spaces in that town alone, 6 on most Lots to so propbably more than that. I find Reset Sim also helps a lot.

I tested this in one of my games, and it seemes if there is a sim (townie, whatever) driving a car when you do global reset, the car is left on the street and there's no way to remove it. Just a warning, I've had this car thing happen in 2 games where I've used resetsim * several times.

Now this explains a lot about why I have about 7 Cars randomly on the streets of my Legacy File.

anything