Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149167 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
On the sims wiki I found a sim who is the brother of Nick Alto! His name is Bert Alto and he came to Hidden Springs hiding from Nick.  :)

Does he have the same traits, or close to his niece Holly?  :D

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2011, 10:20:52 PM »
I downloaded it today and played with it for a few hours. Not impressed! Then I went back to the game I was playing and got glitches I haven't experienced before. My sims went to Paris and got stuck. I haven't had this problem for ages.
When you buy a game disk, they include updates, when you download you get problems! First time I ever downloaded and I'm not happy!
I find Hidden Springs, after only a few hours, to not be where I want my sims to live. I'll give it try later; but, now my other game is having problems.

If you check the TS3 forum there are a lot of people having problems. It seems a some of them might be solved with a reinstall, but I would check over there to see the latest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »
Does he have the same traits, or close to his niece Holly?  :D
Actually neither of them. He's Unlucky, Snob, Mooch, Smchoozer, Frugal.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #303 on: August 31, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »
I've got my fountain working by resetting the game to the factory settings.
I'm still working on putting all my store content back but I notice that after putting the Gothic Library back in that all tho the fountain still works when drinking from it I lost the waterfall animation and the sparkling animation around your sim when they drink from it.

I'm not sure if I can link to the site I got the info from. The site doesn't have any mods on it but it does have a link to a mod site and I'm not sure if that would be a violation of the rules.

But basically you go to your Documents\Electronics Art  folder and rename the Sims 3 folder to something else like Sims 3 backup.
Start the game and it will create a new Sims 3 folder. Install Hidden Springs and start the game.
You will have to start a new game sense your saves are in the backup folder. Place the fountain and see if it works now. If it does start adding you stuff back checking to see if the fountain still works after adding a few things back.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #304 on: August 31, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
I've got my fountain working by resetting the game to the factory settings.
I'm still working on putting all my store content back but I notice that after putting the Gothic Library back in that all tho the fountain still works when drinking from it I lost the waterfall animation and the sparkling animation around your sim when they drink from it.

I'm not sure if I can link to the site I got the info from. The site doesn't have any mods on it but it does have a link to a mod site and I'm not sure if that would be a violation of the rules.

But basically you go to your Documents\Electronics Art  folder and rename the Sims 3 folder to something else like Sims 3 backup.
Start the game and it will create a new Sims 3 folder. Install Hidden Springs and start the game.
You will have to start a new game sense your saves are in the backup folder. Place the fountain and see if it works now. If it does start adding you stuff back checking to see if the fountain still works after adding a few things back.

That worked for me, but when I put my other saves back in the Saves folder, the fountain stopped working again. I thought it was odd. But I guess I can just have two Sims 3 folders. I'll just have to switch between the two before I start playing, and I won't be able to use the fountain in my original folder. But that's okay because they're dynasties and the fountain isn't allowed anyways.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #305 on: August 31, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
Glad that work for you MoonsAreBlue.

My fountain was working until I cleaned my cache files and after some testing I figured out it was clearing the DCBackup folder that broke it again.
So the next thing I tried was I deleted the new Sims 3 folder again to start over. Run the game to remake another new Sims 3 folder and installed Hidden Springs. I then copied the contents of that DCBackup folder to the DCBackup folder in my Sims 3 backup and deleted the new Sims 3 folder and renamed my Sims 3 backup to Sims 3.
I ran the game with my original Sims 3 files and the fountain works now.

I guess the batch file I use to run the game that clears my cache files every time I start the game broke the fountain. If others are using that batch file that I posted and you might want to remove the line that clears the DCBackup folder sense the fountain seems to use those.

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #306 on: August 31, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
Anyone done any collecting?  In particular, has anyone found any special seeds?  I have found a couple of spawners in the usual places but so far I have only found uncommon and rare seeds.  Oh wait... actually, looking at my sim's inventory, she has 7 uncommon, 3 rare, and 1 special.  So I guess there is at least one... but this seems like very few?  Has anyone found a good spot for special seeds?

In addition, if anyone has taken any screenshots with the collection helper, I'd love it if you posted them!  I have started several games in HS and so none of my sims have really amassed a significant number of LTH points. 

Thanks in advance!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #307 on: August 31, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »
Let me get my game fired up and I will get screenies of the spawners for us...I'm curious about it too.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #308 on: August 31, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »
Anyone done any collecting?  In particular, has anyone found any special seeds?  I have found a couple of spawners in the usual places but so far I have only found uncommon and rare seeds.  Oh wait... actually, looking at my sim's inventory, she has 7 uncommon, 3 rare, and 1 special.  So I guess there is at least one... but this seems like very few?  Has anyone found a good spot for special seeds?

In addition, if anyone has taken any screenshots with the collection helper, I'd love it if you posted them!  I have started several games in HS and so none of my sims have really amassed a significant number of LTH points. 

Thanks in advance!

I've found a lot of seeds. Everything hasn't grown yet but I do have at least two money trees growing.

Most of the seeds are on the east side of town, the woods side. There are seeds by the beach (north, at the top) at the end of the woods road and by the junk yard. Also quite a few in the more southern part of the woods side. I've only found one by the cemetery.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #309 on: August 31, 2011, 05:59:51 PM »
Ok here are the screenies I made of the seeds.  Please keep in mind that this is the screenie of seeds available to my sim on this one given day.  The sim I chose had not been out collecting, and it was wk2 day 3 when the screenies were taken.  I have circled the places that showed special seeds, but there can definitely be more special seeds out there than this.

Wooded end of town...junkyard side. 

Midtown

Military side of town

I then chose gems and metals, but only took one screenie, as there must easily be over 100 spots that lit up my map.  I have circled the icon of my sim, who has just collected a pink diamond from this spot.

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
Thank you so much for your replies and screenshots!  I only found one seed spawner by the cemetery as well. 

I like your sim's hair by the way  ;D

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »
No problem alison, and thank you about my sim's hair.

dimy77

« Reply #312 on: September 01, 2011, 07:11:12 PM »
So who's the first original townie that died in your game? My sim just got the sad news that Louis Swete had passed away. Louis became a Vampire quite early when I started the game so I wasn't expecting him to be the first to go.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #313 on: September 01, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »
Louis Swete died first then Granny Shue. I also got a message about some townie I had never heard of drowning.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #314 on: September 01, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
Granny Shue was the first death for me. So far she's the only one to pass but I'm only on week 4 of the game.