Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149165 times)

VampirePlasma

Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »
Magic? Fountain of Youth? Aw! I want this. But it's literally 40 dollars and it's two of us, me and my sister. So I don't think so. But it looks awesome.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »
But it's literally 40 dollars...

Actually, 2000 simpoints is $20, unless you mean that you'd have to buy it twice.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 12:58:49 PM »
Magic? Fountain of Youth? Aw! I want this. But it's literally 40 dollars and it's two of us, me and my sister. So I don't think so. But it looks awesome.

40 dollars? Doesn't 2000 SimPoints equal 20 dollars? And I believe you both can have it even if it's different computers (re-download it from your purchase history at the store, it doesn't cost money).
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

VampirePlasma

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
40 dollars? Doesn't 2000 SimPoints equal 20 dollars? And I believe you both can have it even if it's different computers (re-download it from your purchase history at the store, it doesn't cost money).
Yes 40 because me and me sister. Yeah I know about that system I just don't use it. And the other part is getting my mom to give us simpoint. Oh my dad he'll give us anything.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 01:11:46 PM »
Yes 40 because me and me sister. Yeah I know about that system I just don't use it. And the other part is getting my mom to give us simpoint. Oh my dad he'll give us anything.

Ahh, I see.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
Yeah I know about that system I just don't use it.

Well, I guess the obvious question would be:  "Why not?"  Especially in your position as someone who still has to depend on their parents' generosity for things like this, I would think that anything that would make it cheaper would be a big motivation.  In my experience with parents, $20 is a whole lot easier to swallow than $40 is.

Just something to mull over, I guess...  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »
Oh it's so beautiful! I'd get a new world instead of a stuffpack any time, I guess... I've been checking Daily Deal for BB but I've missed it twice, because they've put it on sale for just a few hours while I've been sleeping. (timezones... eugh) So maybe I should just get BB first as this new one won't be a deal anytime soon. Maybe BB will be on sale more often after they release another store-world. That would be great.

But *sigh* it looks pretty. I love that natural look. The lake, mountains and overall green-ness (is this even a word?) is amazing.  ;D
Too bad it'll naturally require the new patches, well, makes it easier to save my moneys.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 01:59:50 PM »
Did anyone notice in one of the pictures, the old lady and kid in the garden?  I swear they are green.  Anyone who played sims 2 remembers the plantsims, little plant ppl that only had to have sunshine?  This picture reminds me of them.

You know you can make them in CAS, right?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:59 PM »
You know you can make them in CAS, right?

Yeah, Sims with green skin, but not PlantSims with supernatural effects, that's worth a note. ;)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
Will this be an available download in the US? Will we have little Daniel and Jennifer Pleasant back? I know Barnacle Bay brought back Nina and Dina (my Sims 2 favorites). This world needs to bring back Pleasantview Favorites at least.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
Yeah, Sims with green skin, but not PlantSims with supernatural effects, that's worth a note. ;)

Sure, green Sims. Meh. I just meant the ones in the picture are obviously just that too. No need to buy a whole world to get them. :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »
Sure, green Sims. Meh. I just meant the ones in the picture are obviously just that too. No need to buy a whole world to get them. :D

Well, duh, it was more than obvious, I guess, lol. The thing is that the world looks really cool indeed.

@Jeana - We currently have no info on what families there will be, except the two, aforementioned above. I believe someone at the official forums somewhere said that the Burb family is being brought back, but obviously we can't rely on that.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »
Will this be an available download in the US?

Even though you guys are just about bankrupt I'm sure you'll get to buy it, lol. It will be in the store.

The thing is that the world looks really cool indeed.

It does look very nice. I never liked Riverview, too flat, and the pirate theme of Barnacle Bay never interested me, but I like the look of this one so far.

But like Hosfac, I'm going to wait for a deal. Maybe I can get it with my hoarded points so I don't have to buy any. There's no way I'm paying close to $35 for this.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Sounds terrific.  But then, are we forgetting what Generations did for  us?  You know, all those nifty little extra bugs and glitches that about RUINED some challenges?  Just those little extras that made life, pure, green, hades for many of us?  And how about the problems with patching up after Gen and TL?  Me, I'd love to have it since I make a point of getting everything, but I've learned my lesson.  I'll wait and if there are no reports of more serious bugs and glitches THEN I'll get it.  I would so much rather EA fixed what was already broken before it tempts us with new possible problems.  For a perpetual optimist, EA has certainly turned me around to the pessimist side!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Sounds terrific.  But then, are we forgetting what Generations did for  us?  You know, all those nifty little extra bugs and glitches that about RUINED some challenges?  Just those little extras that made life, pure, green, hades for many of us?  And how about the problems with patching up after Gen and TL?  Me, I'd love to have it since I make a point of getting everything, but I've learned my lesson.  I'll wait and if there are no reports of more serious bugs and glitches THEN I'll get it.  I would so much rather EA fixed what was already broken before it tempts us with new possible problems.  For a perpetual optimist, EA has certainly turned me around to the pessimist side!

Actually, I don't really think this is any different than any other CAW custom world. Yeah, certainly there are a few new objects etc., but that doesn't affect the core gameplay. So I don't think you need to worry this time. ;)