Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149177 times)

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2011, 08:25:41 AM »
Has anybody figured out the lots that give the beautiful vista moodlet (the higher the better  :)) I moved a family and tried some lots at the lake - they don't give the moodlet ??? I agree - the square definitely needs a major make over.
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
Just a quick note for those of you having problems with your fountain of youth.

I was reading on the TS3 forum that some people are having problems with their fountain working. It appears that some games won't support both the spell book and the fountain. If you have both in your game and you get rid of the spell book your fountain should work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »
I put my fountain in the Meadow Beach and sent a sim who is almost halfway through her adult phase and I had her wish for youth probably 20 times and nada...at $25 a pop it is very expensive.  ::)  It's a pretty fountain and to me that's what I'll use it for.  Ambrosia is cheaper in the long run, more permanent and not as frustrating. :D  (I haven't put the spellbook in this game.) 

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2011, 12:21:59 AM »
Just a quick note for those of you having problems with your fountain of youth.

I was reading on the TS3 forum that some people are having problems with their fountain working. It appears that some games won't support both the spell book and the fountain. If you have both in your game and you get rid of the spell book your fountain should work.

I have the spell book but didn't have it placed in the current game. I tried uninstalling the book and my fountain still doesn't work.
I tried deleting the fountain and putting in a new one after uninstalling the spell book and still no luck.
I've had my sim drinking from it every day and I don't get any kind of message and he still ages up normally.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2011, 08:52:04 AM »
grimsoul, I think they meant that having the book placed in your current game some where.

So does anyone actually know how exactly the spring is supposed to work? If my Sim drinks from it she gets little sparkles all over her, if she wishes there might be a message about her joints feel better but she continues to age up.  But she is a YA. Does it work only on adults or elders?  I'm going to guess it doesn't stop aging up but returns an older Sim to youth.

Is this right?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: August 30, 2011, 09:00:21 AM »
I don't really see the point of the fountain of youth. There are plenty of other ways to age a Sim back down to the beginning of their current life stage and even an earlier life stage.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »
I don't really see the point of the fountain of youth. There are plenty of other ways to age a Sim back down to the beginning of their current life stage and even an earlier life stage.

Rachel

I think the point is selling more things to players. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed in the new world because I was so ready for something new. I just think that the fountain was a selling point. Just like the spell book was a selling point to buy the whole library set.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2011, 10:04:04 AM »
Yeah the thing that sold me was the green townies. Which when you think about is a really silly reason to part with so many Sim points.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2011, 11:27:02 AM »
I was really excited about the Green townies too, I thought they would be like the plantsims from Sims 2 seasons, which were by far my favourite type of sims to play. Quite disappointing to find it was only for aesthetic purposes.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #294 on: August 30, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »
My daughter got the fountain to work with the elderly lady with the four kids.  It took her a few tries but eventually she went back to the beginning of that stage.  I guess she did it maybe 10 times. 

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »
The action - Wish for Youth seems to be 100% random, it either works or it doesn't.

As far as I can tell the action - Drink should work each time you use it apart from when your Sim drank from it within 12 hours ago or when your Sim is as young as they can be.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
I downloaded it today and played with it for a few hours. Not impressed! Then I went back to the game I was playing and got glitches I haven't experienced before. My sims went to Paris and got stuck. I haven't had this problem for ages.
When you buy a game disk, they include updates, when you download you get problems! First time I ever downloaded and I'm not happy!
I find Hidden Springs, after only a few hours, to not be where I want my sims to live. I'll give it try later; but, now my other game is having problems.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »
I downloaded it today and played with it for a few hours. Not impressed! Then I went back to the game I was playing and got glitches I haven't experienced before. My sims went to Paris and got stuck. I haven't had this problem for ages.
When you buy a game disk, they include updates, when you download you get problems! First time I ever downloaded and I'm not happy!
I find Hidden Springs, after only a few hours, to not be where I want my sims to live. I'll give it try later; but, now my other game is having problems.

Well that might not be necessarily to do with the town. We all get bugs and so far there haven't been any common ones to do specifically with Hidden Springs.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »
Well that might not be necessarily to do with the town. We all get bugs and so far there haven't been any common ones to do specifically with Hidden Springs.

Maybe; but, I've had my sims for ages going to on adventures and never had a glitch, like other people saying they disappear, etc. I decided to finish my other game and then I may go on to Hidden Springs; but, I'm worried they haven't cleaned it enough before release.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »
On the sims wiki I found a sim who is the brother of Nick Alto! His name is Bert Alto and he came to Hidden Springs hiding from Nick.  :)