Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149184 times)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »
Salty, I agree the park is awful, it just seems so out of place compared to the rest of HS. Your version looks great, will you be uploading it to the Swap Shop?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
I haven't really thought about uploading it.  I still think all of those stairs and foundations is a little much.  But you can only have so big of a park.  If you took away the parking spots and turned it to grass, imagine how big that park would be?   :)

I don't mind downloading it to the swap shop, if someone really wanted it, but I still want to some work on it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
I haven't been able to play the Sims in ages but got the computer back (had to take it down because of a water leak in the wall) the day before Hidden Springs was released.  I was so tickled to see a new world.  Mine downloaded really fast but I can't get the grocery store to work.  That is making me a little nuts.  I am hoping when I go back today there will be a miracle and it will be working.  I mainly have been going around the town playing for a bit with each family just to see what they are like.  It is such fun exploring.  I didn't even know about the fountain until I came in here and read your comments so thanks.  It sure was good to hear Sim sounds again! 

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2011, 12:58:04 PM »
Salty, maybe you could add a few benches and potted plants to break up all the grey, and make it into a quiet area? (I'm not really a builder) The park area looks really good, but I can see what you mean, if the parking spaces were gone it would look huge. I kind of like the parking spaces though, it makes the park a bit more realistic in my opinion, and matches the rest of HS (there's loads of parking spaces on the other lots).

I would definitely download it if you did put it up in the Swap Shop, and I bet a lot of other people would, it's a million times better than the concrete nightmare EA gave us ::)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
Apart from the garden in the Winterly Family Home and a tiny garden in the Shue House there don't seem to be many/if any other plants in the World? Has anyone else found anything, I also looked for an Omni but I didn't see one when looking around the Science Lab.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2011, 03:01:45 PM »

As for Wish for Youth, it never happened. I tried at least 50 Times, 3/4 of the time the stupid Sayings/Phrases came up and 1/4 of the time it gave her the Childish Trait which she already had so it didn't work. So I think it very random/unlikely for the Wish to come true.

I had my sim try about 5 times, wish for eternal youth and they finally got it.  It just put them back at the beginning of their adult stage.  She was almost elder, so it has worked on my one sim.  I have not tried it on anyone else yet.  The only thing that happens when they drink, is little sayings pop up in the right hand corner, maybe she has a few more wrinkles or maybe she feels different, but other than that, drinking does nothing as of yet, in my game. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2011, 03:54:02 PM »
Just a heads up -- you can get 1000 Simpoints for $5 (US) at the Origin store using the code HIDDENSPRINGSPOINTS. I don't know how long the sale will last or what other countries you can get this sale in, but the Sims 3 forum might have answers: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/428265.page

So, I'm downloading Hidden Springs now, because the price is much more reasonable to me after this sale.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
Thanks for the tip Zylphe! I already have Hidden Springs now, but hey, there are other things ate the store.. ;)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »
I had my sim try about 5 times, wish for eternal youth and they finally got it.  It just put them back at the beginning of their adult stage.  She was almost elder, so it has worked on my one sim.  I have not tried it on anyone else yet.  The only thing that happens when they drink, is little sayings pop up in the right hand corner, maybe she has a few more wrinkles or maybe she feels different, but other than that, drinking does nothing as of yet, in my game. :)

I got it on my 100th Try so I am guessing it is extrememly random. Wish come true, Wishes can come true. +50 and lasts for 2 Days.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2011, 06:14:26 PM »
Just a heads up -- you can get 1000 Simpoints for $5 (US) at the Origin store using the code HIDDENSPRINGSPOINTS. I don't know how long the sale will last or what other countries you can get this sale in, but the Sims 3 forum might have answers: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/428265.page

Aghh, I hear people from UK can use this code but it won't let me. (I'm from Scandinavia) :(
I tried the tip mentioned in this thread earlier and tried to buy points from Origin US site for dollars but I can't do that either. +40% price tag (compared to dollars) is just too much!

If anyone else is from Europe and knows a work-around for the currency, or if it's possible to use the code, please PM me. It would be very helpful.  :-*

FleurDeLune

« Reply #280 on: August 28, 2011, 06:24:07 PM »
I have a great dislike for the town square too.  I've started revamping it.  Decided to wave my magic wand and get rid of all the stairs.  Replaced the statue with a fountain since the identical statue was already in front of City Hall right across the street.

Still a work in progress - lots of landscaping to be done - but here's what I've done so far.

imaGleek

« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »
Wow, you don't know how good I think that remodel is! Are you going to upload it to the swap shop?

Offline Annenator

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »
Wow, you don't know how good I think that remodel is! Are you going to upload it to the swap shop?

Seems like there will be a collection of hidden springs town squares up on the swap shop soon!  Maybe it could be made into a competition.

FleurDeLune

« Reply #283 on: August 28, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
Glad you like my work so far.  I think I'm pretty happy with what I've got now.

I'll put it in the Swap Shop - as soon as I've read the instructions and figure out how it's done!

In the meantime, there are a few more photos here.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #284 on: August 28, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »
That town square is pretty good, can't wait to download it!
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

anything