Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149175 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2011, 05:40:57 AM »
Joria you got your Ages wrong, those are in EPIC Lifespan. Granny Shue is only 83 on normal game lengh.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

VampirePlasma

« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
If they really are that old, I am sure they won't be allowed on Dynasties.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »
When I was going through the Townie households, most of the sims were going to age up in 11, 12 or 13 days. Thats on a 90 day lifespan.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
Phooey!  I'll go check and see.  I almost always have it on Long unless I'm exploring and that's exactly what I was doing.  Never thought it would mess with aging up time.  Heck, wasn't thinking at all.  Just enjoying!  So I can post the rest of the names with the traits and whether they are single or not but leave out the age up time if someone wants them.  Too lazy to go back and check all those folks again.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
Thanks for the list, Joria! Take your time with that infected finger, though. I don't know if anyone else wants the ages, but I don't find myself needing it so don't worry about posting it for me.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »
I was doing research for Metro for the Fountain of Youth and my results that if you drink from it your Sim becomes a day younger and gets a Moodlet. One Day More - It's true, you can live forever. It lasts for 12 Hours and gives a +30 Mood. I worked out that you can drink from the Fountain twice in one day. Children can also drinking from the Fountain and gain the same benefits.

As for Wish for Youth, it never happened. I tried at least 50 Times, 3/4 of the time the stupid Sayings/Phrases came up and 1/4 of the time it gave her the Childish Trait which she already had so it didn't work. So I think it very random/unlikely for the Wish to come true.

SunnaWoman

« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
Just how *long* does it take for this world to download? I think it's going on 3 hours and the little thingy is still spinning. I have a MAC and I am trying to load from my purchase history page.

If anyone has a better idea how to load it, that would be great. I am running version 1.24.3.012017.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

imaGleek

« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
I also want to know how long it took to download because It feels like I've been waiting in the download dashboard forever.

SunnaWoman

« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
Go to your online account look for the record where you purchased the items, click on that icon (download) and it installs automatically in a few seconds. Close your game first though. This works for MAC I don't know about PC. And BTW, the EA help desk WASN'T!!! I figured this out after trying everything else...
 ;D

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »
I'm on a laptop with Windows 7, and it took around 10-15 minutes for me to download to the game launcher, and around one minute to install. I was quite surprised, I thought it would take at least half an hour.

Welcome to the forum SunnaWoman :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »
Mine took very little time to download.  I wasn't timing it, but I'm sure it wasn't any more than 10 - 15 minutes as amyrose reported.  It really didn't even seem that long, I would have guessed less than 10 minutes.  I have Windows Vista.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
I have a problem. I placed my fountain in Meadow Lake and it's not working. I took Granny Shue there to take a drink (I'm playing on Long lifespan) and nothing happened. No moodlet, no popup, nothing. I can make her "Wish for Youth" and that seems to work properly. However, when I have her "Drink" nothing happens. She takes a drink and that's it. I've not had anyone else try to drink from the fountain, but I'm pretty upset that this object isn't working for me! I'm going to do a few more tests, but does anyone have any ideas in the meantime?

imaGleek

« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »
It finally downloaded  :D. I'm excited to play, but people paying with Canadian Dollars really get ripped off whe they buy simpoints.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:42 PM »
It only took mine a few minutes to download and around five minutes to install. I was also installing a couple of other items at the same time. I have windows vista and really fast broadband if that makes a difference.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »
I have a problem. I placed my fountain in Meadow Lake and it's not working. I took Granny Shue there to take a drink (I'm playing on Long lifespan) and nothing happened. No moodlet, no popup, nothing. I can make her "Wish for Youth" and that seems to work properly. However, when I have her "Drink" nothing happens. She takes a drink and that's it. I've not had anyone else try to drink from the fountain, but I'm pretty upset that this object isn't working for me! I'm going to do a few more tests, but does anyone have any ideas in the meantime?

I used Granny Shue and one of her kids to drink, both did it fine.

EDIT: If anyone wants to know anything about Hidden Springs before they buy it don't be afraid to ask me, I don't mind getting pictures or finding out stuff.  :)

anything