Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149172 times)

Elainfaro

Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2011, 11:54:09 PM »
Anyone else notice the Fishing spot way over in the corner with no water?  I think the name was Meadow Beach.  Thought it was funny that I couldn't find any water even though it's called a fishing spot.

Right? I spent a full 5 minutes searching for water until I realized there wasn't any. That's also where the lady from the live chat put the fountain. I couldn't find it anywhere else so I do think you have to put it in yourself.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2011, 01:39:01 AM »
I'm just now getting to explore this world and it is beautiful! The only thing that kind of bugs me is how rich everyone is. I think the poorest sim has 6,000 simoleans, and many others are way upwards 50,000. I know the whole idea is that rich sims came here for the "health benefits", but it seems everyone is sitting in their quaint little homes with giant wads of cash in their pockets. Even the more nature-oriented sims have a bunch of money floating around their cottages. I like the families that have the bare necessities and only one or two thousand simoleans to use in the beginning (that way you work more/harder with them and get more attached), and there are none of these families.

Side note: Anyone notice that the Winterly's have TWO deathflower bushes? I find it rather interesting that EA would work something like that into a family. You usually only see normal gardens--lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2011, 02:08:39 AM »
Not to sound too frivolous or off topic with this, but did your sister get the Fairy Folke Collection with the new town? I remember Barnacle Bay had the pirated themed items, and so far they showed the Fairy Folke objects.

I mean, did she get the Fairy Folke attire too?

Hi jeana, salty's sister here, I already had the fairy stuff from when it was first released in the store.  I am excited about Hidden Springs because now I get to use all that stuff and it will look right...didn't look so right in Sunset Valley. :D

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2011, 06:35:00 AM »
well the town has only giagantic lots, the smallest is 30x30, everyone is filthy rich, the landraabs and alto's are nothing compared to thees guys, and that fountain of youth never managed to work for me, I get the message that bla bla bla, but then nothing happens  :-\
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2011, 06:51:25 AM »
I've done my review but I'm just checking it with Pam first because it's quite long and I used 10 Screenshots and I wasn't sure if that would be allowed because the limit is normally 5?

In brief I think Hidden Springs is beautiful, landscaping wise. Buildings and Town Centre wise. Eh eh, nope. It needs work but just having that Worlds Landscaping is just fantastic!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »
Righ with you samoht, they call those hangouts??? eww and that central park is just ugly,
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2011, 07:15:16 AM »
Yeah, I agree. I just Love the Parks in the woods, have you seen the Fairyfolk one? I am so saving it to my Bin.  :) If it wasn't for the Contests needing to be done today I'd have gutted that Park by now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »
No book Coral in the library.

I'm just starting to explore the town.  I've found a book corral in the museum.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »
... If it wasn't for the Contests needing to be done today...
awsome !

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »
Dynasty/Legacy Lot Info - Okay so I just looked in Edit Town and the big lot, 7 Meadow Reach Dr., by the Junkyard is 64x63 and leaves a Single Sim with $8,308. So I'm guessing that will be the Dynasty Lot but I don't know how to bring the price down to what ever it should be for the Dynasty/Legacy Challenge.

I was trying to make a Pixie type Sim but she ended up looking like a piece of Brocoli.  :P So I gave up and am using a Pre-Made Family to explore.

EDIT: Sorry got my numbers wrong, the lot costs $8,192 and leaves your Sim with $8,308.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
I have noticed that some of the families are based on fairy stories. There is the mother with two daughters plus one step daughter who has to do all the cleaning. There is the royal family whose son doesn't want to settle down and whose daughter has run away. There is a mysterious young woman living in the woods could she be the missing princess.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »
There are also only 4 Dead Sims in the Graveyard. The rest are just Budebug's.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »
She IS the missing princess.  I went there and checked out every single family and wrote down their traits, LTW, etc etc.  It was kind of cool yet kind of creepy to find an Alto there who looks exactly like Nick Alto!  I was checking to see if there was a viable Agnes or Christopher and was rather disappointed because everyone has money, some have cool cars, and most have really bad traits.  I've never seen so many gold diggers in one spot before! 

I also was unhappy with no skill books in the library, which seriously needs a make over, but happy to hear there is at least a book corral in the museum.  I caught the "evil stepmother and stepsisters" thing right away.
The green granny and the missing princess seem to be the nicest Sims in that world and one YA who moved there from SV according to his blurb.  He's the guy with the sort of Irish sounding name and red hair.  I think he could possibly be the "Christopher" of the town.  Oh, and there is one nasty lady with Agnes hair but she's married.  Even the fairy folk looking characters seem to have less than desirable traits.

All in all I absolutely love this world because there is so much for me to remake and improve~~!  I think it will be a great place to do challenges because there aren't any special things to give an edge and a fabulous place for a legacy/dynasty type thing.  (Deca-dynasty is too restrictive/complicated in my opinion.)  I love the so called hangouts because I can see where they can easily become clubs and such.  The discotech in town is already bright enough to become a disco club and needs very little changing to do so.  I love the looks of the spa in the downtown area but was so sad it was a rabbit hole!  I spent several minutes trying to enter it.  Face palm!  lol

That town center park is atrocious!  Although I must admit it does remind me a lot of Portland's Pioneer Square.  Just needs more water features and a way to watch free movies.  lol  The fairy park is cute but needs a few mushrooms and really should have been a bit larger.  Tom I can hardly wait to see what you will do with that town park.  I know your fingers must just be itching to get at it!   ;)

If you want a list of the townies with their traits and LTW let me know and I'll type it out and post it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
Haha, yeah they are. By the way I think I found the Dynasty Male Mate, the Son of the Vanderburgs, his traits are not bad and he would make some good babies. His Parents if you take them in as well, both Leaders of the Free World and nearly about to die, get some quick cash in and then they are gone, simple.  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 3 Hidden Springs Town Review
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »
I decided to post my Review of Hidden Springs now, if Pam or the Mods think it is too long or there are too many pictures then could they please PM me so I can take them out? Long Review Ahead!

This World is much larger than Riverview, I think it is nearly double the size, so it does take longer to download and is more expensive to download being 2,250 Currently. So when I first saw the town it looked a bit sparse to me, I felt like there were a lot of large lots that didn't make use of the space. Although with my Computer Graphics once the Central Park had loaded I will admit it isn't that bad, my graphics didn't allow me to see the Landscaping they have done. So here is a picture of Subalpine Square with City Hall behind it:

I then moved on to looking at the Rabbit Holes. All of which are found in Sunset Valley apart from the Spa which I will come to later. The Diner has a really nice position though, near the Lake. All of the Rabbit Holes but the Spa are called the same as the ones in Snset Valley. One thing I did notice however is that there are about 6 Carparking Spaces on most lots. So that may cause that bug where NPC's and Townies spawn cars. The Town Centre really does need work in my opinion, the setting is amazing and I think the layout would work well but there are plenty of possibilities. The Library, Eloise C Vanderburgs Home for Books, is uninspiring, if it wasn't for the Tag and the Flag it would look like an average Home. The best bit about it though is the Childrens area, very colourful, the Adult bit needs some paint.

There is a Club type Cafe in the Centre, Lars Disco-Tech, which could be renovated into a Late Night Club, it is decorated out to be one and has the Wall Stereos, it really just needs the Bar and a dance mat. Another Venue int he Centre is the Pool, Crystal Solarium Rejuvinating Waters, it is designed to be a posh pool, there is an inside and an outside pool, there is also the common feature of a Hot Beverage machine in one of the outbuildings, these feature a lot in Hidden Springs.

The Silver Zephyr Health Spa is really quite stunning in my opinion, it also has multiple Car spaces and pools behind it, there is also another Seperate Community Pool next to it in the same style but I did not catch the name of it. I also find it funny how the Salon was placed up there by the game.

For Dynasty and Legacy people interested in playing in Hidden Springs you will not be upset, not one bit. You don't need to have a House until your Second Generation is born! The Military base has Barracks with cheap beds and a Computer. There is a Lodge with a cheap double bed, bathroom and kitchen stuff (No Stove) but it does have a fire and couches, it is the Shoreline Cabin. That is the best place for free food and only Fridge I could find in Hidden Springs. I wouldn't suggest going there however... That's right you have to go to Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge. Trust me you won't miss the fridge... Plasma TV, Games Console, the expensive Eye Goggles, Bath/Shower Tub, good beds! I expect it will get busy but with 4 bedrooms to choose from, it's a great place to crash.

As for Houses, most are Lodge type things with luxury styles, it seems like mostly they are on Large Lots, although they are thinned out well in the Woods on the Dirt tracks. One possibly bad thing is the Criminal Warehouse, it isn't near a Road and I didn't see a Path to it so it looks like your Sims are going to have to run there.

Now for the Parks. What can I say, they are all so beautiful, I can confirm you have to place your $495,000 - Fountain of Youth through Edit Town, although this should also be good because it may not be allowed in Dynasties. I placed mine on Louie Falls, which apart from being at the base of a Waterfall and has Fish Spawners it doesn't seem that special. It's the places like Hidden Gardens and Fairyfolk Park that are just stunning. Fairyfolk Park is a playground and really does look awesome! The Graveyard is really rustic, Shady Pines Historical Cemetery is very small, there are Vampire Fish in the tiny pond behind the Mausoleum so I assume that is where the Deathfish are. There are only four graves with Ghosts in there - Elias Nathanial, Ruth Chrysanthemum, Daniel and Daisy Romero. I don't know of any relatives at this time.

Fishing Spots, not many and considering one, Meadow Beach Fishing Spot is not actually a lake at all, it is a Meadow in the shape of a lake. Another thing is that there are no beaches in Hidden Springs. The Art Gallery, Paul A. Wikes Natural Museum is hardly an Art Gallery or Natural, it features technology displays.

For me only one spot tops everything and I didn't right down it's name I was so busy with my mouth hanging open... The viewpoint, the highest lot in the Town and look at the view at Sunset...

Overall I am very pleased with the Town and I think that the Town Centre needs work but I'm sure that can be fixed easily.

For tonnes of pictures, see my Folder in the Gallery HERE.