Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149183 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2011, 10:20:09 PM »
5 more hours. Yeah it's 7:15 here.
Are you sure that they are going to release it right on midnight?

I hope they do. The countdown they have on Facebook goes to midnight, so I'm assuming they'll release it then.

ColliCub

« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2011, 10:49:49 PM »
Do you have a link to the countdown page on Facebook, MoonsAreBlue?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:26 PM »
I have the link.  Here it is. :)
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

ColliCub

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2011, 04:20:23 AM »
Thanks, Gerrr00.

Watching the comments on there is hilarious... everyone's a bit impatient now that PST has hit 12 midnight in California.

Think it's gonna be an all nighter, folks.

Grab a bottle, bunker down... and pray for daylight.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2011, 06:57:14 AM »
It's 7am EST and it's still not out. I'm disappointed! And you know what's better? EA was offering sales on Simpoints. 4,000 for $36 and higher amounts were also discounted. They're back at normal prices today, but there are new bonus items offered for packages of 2,000 and up.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »
According to a thread on the Sims 3 Forum (don't know how much truth there is in it) but Hidden Spring's will be released today at:

US Pacific - 10AM
US Central - 12 Noon
US Eastern - 1PM
UK - 6PM - so that means I have another 5 hours to wait, if I get it at all, it depends on what the official price is going to be  ::)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

CrossedTowers

« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »
According to a thread on the Sims 3 Forum (don't know how much truth there is in it) but Hidden Spring's will be released today at:

US Pacific - 10AM
US Central - 12 Noon
US Eastern - 1PM
UK - 6PM - so that means I have another 5 hours to wait, if I get it at all, it depends on what the official price is going to be  ::)

But what about other countries? Or is it solely US-UK exclusive?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:04 AM »
I don't think that it is US/UK exclusive, I think that they put those times up as a guide so where ever you are it's going to be a four and a half hour wait before it's released.  But as I said I don't really know how much truth there is to it, it's just something that I found on the Sims 3 Forum  :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »
Well, quite frankly after the live chat people probably weren't too impressed but were like "EA isn't God, so it's still nice", but then they put a price tag like THAT on it and people just don't care anymore. And quite frankly I'm sure there will be sites where they offer it illegally, just because they offer anything else legal or not.

I think part of that was the chat itself. It might have been better if they could have used someone who had a little more, I don't know, more enthusiasm or something. It was kind of a flat presentation and didn't do a lot in the way of making me want to rush out and buy it.

CrossedTowers

« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2011, 08:39:49 AM »
I don't think that it is US/UK exclusive, I think that they put those times up as a guide so where ever you are it's going to be a four and a half hour wait before it's released.  But as I said I don't really know how much truth there is to it, it's just something that I found on the Sims 3 Forum  :)

Gotcha. Thanks for explaining!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:42 AM »
I am torn a part of me really wants to get this but the sensible part of me thinks that it might be worth waiting to see what other people think of it.
Unfortunately the ten percent sensible part is being over ruled by the not very sensible Simmer part.
So I will most probably get it as soon as I can.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

CrossedTowers

« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:12 AM »
I am torn a part of me really wants to get this but the sensible part of me thinks that it might be worth waiting to see what other people think of it.
Unfortunately the ten percent sensible part is being over ruled by the not very sensible Simmer part.
So I will most probably get it as soon as I can.

Rachel

I say, get it. I'm mesmerized by this world and am going to get it as soon as I am able to.

imaGleek

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:51 AM »
I really wish I could get this town! But I spent all of my simpoints on hair and clothes :(.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2011, 11:04:54 AM »
My advice is if you are unsure is to wait. Just a few days, let people post all their reviews and their pictures, personally I think that the Pictures released are not that great to show you the World.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

CrossedTowers

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »
My advice is if you are unsure is to wait. Just a few days, let people post all their reviews and their pictures, personally I think that the Pictures released are not that great to show you the World.

Are you sure you have checked sites that offer videos? I just did a search today, some videos and stuff later I was like "wow".

anything