Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149158 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2011, 04:17:29 AM »
Guys, it really can't add plantSims or yoga, simply because it's a regular custom content (yes, worlds are CC too, if you didn't know). I'm sorry. :(

The Fountain of Youth is a cool new object that freezes the Sim's age for 24 hours if he/she drinks from it, or he/she can push the envelope further and make a wish. If their wish succeeds, he/she can ask the Fountain to freeze their age forever (Age Freeze LTR from Generations, so included in game code -- nothing new), or become young again (Young Again potion/LTR from Generations, so included in game code -- nothing new). That's all the Fountain can do, but I still think it's really amazing. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2011, 04:20:02 AM »
I also think it is amazing. :)
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2011, 07:14:54 AM »
Guys, it really can't add plantSims or yoga, simply because it's a regular custom content (yes, worlds are CC too, if you didn't know).
I don't think Hidden Springs will add any of those, but only because this world is sold for "just" 2000 points and EA would value such additions for much more $. Not to say they are a bit greedy, and they sometimes spread the new gameplay like a very thin layer of jam on our slice of bread, of course... :-)

Yet, technically it's possible. Any piece of store content requires at least a specific patch to work. Additional functionalities are in the code modifications brought in by that patch (and newer), not in the Sims3packs temselves. Think about the massage chair or the book of spells. Those wouldn't work if you hadn't the required level of patch. Those Sims3packs bring only the objects and unlocks the functionalities that are already in the code.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2011, 07:22:20 AM »
Yeah, you got a valid point there, Bella. I stand corrected. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
I don't think you're going to find much actual info on this, EA isn't famous for that, you know? That's where all the rumors come from, lack of information.

Yeah EA is second to none when it comes to this top-secret, super-spy, secret keeping stuff.  It's not like they've had a tentative trailer (or two) accidentally leaked to the public or anything.

Oh, wait... :D
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

bshag

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
It would be so nice to think that the green sims do have something special because they're green but everyone's probably right...just green colored skin...poo. :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2011, 04:59:17 PM »
It would be so nice to think that the green sims do have something special because they're green but everyone's probably right...just green colored skin...poo. :D

Yep. Boo, EA, boo! And no, I'm not bashing them. ;D

Off to seek new info! -heads off to Google-

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2011, 02:28:08 AM »

I agree with that. I'm glad to see townies with the unconventional skin colors though. Normal colored Sims are quite boring.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
After watching the live-chat they had today showcasing Hidden Springs, I am a little disappointed.  Like Barnacle Bay, its not really set up to well for ambitions.  No junkyard, fire station, etc.  Hope someone can make a few of the needed lots after it comes out that will blend well with the rest of the environment.  Was also bummed that the fancy building with the slanted windows is actually a rabbit hole, and not a building your Sims can go into, meaning there are no slanted windows, at least, none that I saw.  It was also hinted at during the video that the green skinned Sims are green skinned because they have lived in Hidden Springs for so long.  After seeing the video, though I would like to eventually get Hidden Springs, I'm in no rush and can wait a while.  With luck, there won't be the number of bugs at launch that I remember hearing Barnacle Bay had.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
I am not disappointed. It's all I expected from EA.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2011, 02:53:38 AM »
Does anyone else think that it looks remarkably like Appinloch from Sims 2?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2011, 03:11:06 AM »
Does anyone else think that it looks remarkably like Appinloch from Sims 2?

Oy, are they trying to turn TS3 into TS2 now? Even unoriginal when naming EP's?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2011, 03:14:13 AM »
Oy, are they trying to turn TS3 into TS2 now? Even unoriginal when naming EP's?

No, no, they're not.  Please don't even go there.  I don't know what you mean about unoriginal EPs because they've all be original enough names for the series.  Hidden Springs is a brand new world created for Sims 3.  Let's just leave it at that, ok?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2011, 04:10:52 AM »
I believe Seabody meant Sims 2: Pets and Sims 3: Pets having the same names. But really, it's the first time two EPs have the same name in the whole history of the series. ;)

So, is there any new info like family names etc.?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2011, 04:15:38 AM »
I thought the Sims 2 was called Unleashed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything