Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149173 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2011, 12:58:56 AM »
Hey Tiberium, glad to see you back again.  I am looking forward to this new town too.  I think I will wait on pets and get this one for now.  I am not real crazy about the pets expansion for now.  Maybe later, in some point in time, I might get it.  My game is running to good right now. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2011, 03:16:38 AM »
To be completely honest it doesn't look very special. It looks so much like SV to me, just modernised and with fairytale type stuff...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2011, 05:32:51 AM »
To be completely honest it doesn't look very special. It looks so much like SV to me, just modernised and with fairytale type stuff...

It is said to be a "mountainy" (if such a word even exists) version of SV, or at least a settlement in the mountains of the area. :)

@Tiberium - I'm afraid we won't get the town with preset will-o-wisp spawners (because it's LN content and the world is created with only base game content, as well as the new items). Also, the backstory of the green-skinned granny and her kids has been revealed, in the Q&A. To quote them:

I also enjoy playing as the Shue family. Granny Shue is a native of Hidden Springs who never had any children of her own so she’s adopted some local children who were in need of a home. They live in a small cottage in the woods and they don’t have much but they're happy because they have each other :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »
Actually, Fountain of Youth is a cool item! It freezes aging for 24 hours, as a default. Or, you can take the chance and ask it to freeze your Sim's aging altogether (pretty much like the Age Freeze LTR) if he/she is a YA, or go back to the start of YA (like the Young Again potion/LTR). Also, it doesn't always work, so be cautious! If it fails, on of your Sim's traits will be switched to Childish, f-o-r-e-v-e-r... ;D

I took this info from an article on SimsVip, which can be viewed here.

EDIT: Also, EA has put up a so called "Info Page" on Hidden Springs here, but I really doubt it's anything new. It's basically all the info we currently have, but see if you can dig up something I haven't. ;)

EDIT2: Ooh, also, we got some really cool new characters, check out their short descriptions in this article by EA.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2011, 08:13:59 AM »

Well yes. I have to agreed with that. Though I really would like to find out.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »
The Town looks beautiful. I hope this is available for the US people. I didn't see any info on the US page, so I'm going to be bummed if we don't get the town.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »
The Town looks beautiful. I hope this is available for the US people. I didn't see any info on the US page, so I'm going to be bummed if we don't get the town.

Jeana, there is no way it won't be available in the US. Absolutely none. If it's in the store, it's always available to you provided you have the SimPoints.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »

As Chronic just said and I had to change my post for.  ;) I think there has only ever been about two things that America hasn't been allowed, I don't remember what but compared to everywhere else you guys get most of the competitions/prize draws to win new stuff for the game and as Chronic said the Store is available to all who are on that website.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2011, 01:20:02 AM »
Sportsfan, those two exact pictures and many others are displayed on the official forums topic, the Facebook album and my blog, links to which were separately given, there's no need to re-post them. :)

There's no harm for Sportsfan to post the pictures here.  If they were duplicates of pictures already in this thread, then I would agree.  But just because the picture is posted on other sites that are linked doesn't mean it can't be posted.  Also, please let moderators take care of this type of thing. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2011, 01:54:04 AM »
Okay Pam, my apologies.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2011, 02:35:31 AM »
Will this town add new gameplay?
Check out my new story here!

bshag

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
I thought there was more to those green people. ;D  Finally I'll get to use that fairy set I bought from the store ages ago...just didn't seem right plopping fairy stuff down in SV or Riverview. :D  I'm hoping they are the major magic users in the town.

I really liked the post of all the different sims and sim families that are going to be in HS.  I would love it if they had the option to do yoga.  (Anyone who had sims 2 remember all the poses the sim could do...I loved the balancing on one finger on the coffee table.) :D  Hopefully the sim in the yoga pose is new gameplay and not just photo staged.

Sportsfan

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
Will this town add new gameplay?
Probably not much if anything at all. There is a fountain of youth that will work something like ambrosia or some of the potions.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »
Really? The fountain of youth sounds intriguing. What about the green-skinned Sims? Are they similar to Plant Sims from the Sims 2, or are they just created with green skin?
Check out my new story here!

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2011, 10:35:38 PM »
Really? The fountain of youth sounds intriguing. What about the green-skinned Sims? Are they similar to Plant Sims from the Sims 2, or are they just created with green skin?

Sadly, they're just normal Sims with the Green Skin. I'm bummed too. :(

anything