Author Topic: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!  (Read 149164 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »

"DISCOVER THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH IN A NEW DOWNLOADABLE WORLD WITH THE SIMS™ 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS

Exclusive Digital-Download World Available August 25 For The Sims 3 On PC/MAC

Stay forever young with The Sims™ 3 Hidden Springs. Discover a new digital downloadable World available this fall exclusively at The Sims 3 Store using SimPoints. Featuring all-new locations, items, Sims, and a little magic, The Sims 3 Hidden Springs invites anyone to uncover the mysteries of the newest world.

With a whole new World to inhabit, your Sims will spend time exploring a stunning lakefront, relaxing at a luxury spa or ski lodge, escaping into the woods, and uncovering ancient mysteries at the Museum of Magic and Supernatural all without leaving Hidden Springs. If you're interested in meeting new Sims,  take them to the Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge and mingle with the social elites. If your Sims need to relax then experience true balance and well-being as you watch them bask in the ambiance of the Crystal Solarium Rejuvenating Waters. Once they're done revitalizing in the healing waters, take your imagination to another dimension of fun by brining your Sim to Fairyfolk Park. Or, take your Sim over to the Silver Zephyr Health Spa to help them acquire world renowned techniques in the fields of health and beauty. In addition to these exciting new locations and activities, a deeper mystery lies within the curious magical properties of Hidden Springs. Discover what mystery is beneath the rejuvenating waters and maybe your Sims wishes just might come true!

You'll be able to enjoy the all-new downloadable World for your Sims to explore this fall August exclusively at The Sims 3 Store.

The mystery awaits you!"

There are...

• 50 new townies, including the Cho, Vanderburg, Shue and Pertridge families
  • 15 new decor items
  • 6 new outifts
  • the Fountain of Youth, which works like the Age Freeze and Young Again potion/LTRs from Generations

Apparently a new downloadable world will be released on August 25th via the Store. This was announced by The Sims 3 (UK) on Facebook so it's official. Can't wait personally! :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downlaodable World
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »
If you go to the Sims UK Facebook page there are lots of lovely pictures to see, including buildings with slanted windows! Possibly a new feature they will bring to building. :D

Also, people over on the Facebook page are speculating at the info EA gave us on it (that quote on Chronic's original post) as it refers to 'magic' a lot. Perhaps this is the magic world! Ooh, so exciting. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »
To add on to Fez's comment, maybe the random magicians that spawn around Sunset Valley will actually serve a purpose. I hope it doesn't cost money though, my mum would definatly not let me download :S

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »
There's a thread about this on the Sims 3/EA forums. Some great pictures.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/418087.page

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »
There's a thread about this on the Sims 3/EA forums. Some great pictures.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/418087.page

Also, for those who have Facebook, the official album with the same photos on The Sims 3 (UK). Here.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 09:13:22 AM »
Mysteries, magic and the supernatural, something in the water that grants wishes?  Oh, yes, I like it!  I've always wished they would bring back something like Magic Town from the original Sims.  Maybe I'm about to get my wish!  

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »
Mysteries, magic and the supernatural, something in the water that grants wishes?  Oh, yes, I like it!  I've always wished they would bring back something like Magic Town from the original Sims.  Maybe I'm about to get my wish! 

I do hope it's not only the spellbook and a new library. ::)

EDIT: And, actually, something about this world was added in the latest patch. ;)

Btw, skimming over the changed GameplayData.package files I noticed that they’ve added new auto venue placements for a town called “Hidden Springs”. I guess that will be the name of a new town in the store, unless it somehow found its way in early from Pets by accident.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 09:19:36 AM »
To add on to Fez's comment, maybe the random magicians that spawn around Sunset Valley will actually serve a purpose. I hope it doesn't cost money though, my mum would definatly not let me download :S

Sadly, I think this is going to be like Barnacle Bay, where you have to pay Simpoints for it. This means I'll have to wait quite a bit to get it as well, but hey.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
According to a post in the EA forum, it's going to cost 2000 simpoints.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:34:16 AM »
According to a post in the EA forum, it's going to cost 2000 simpoints.

So saving up it is. ;) I may just be able to get it actually, if I get those 3000 simpoints I begged Mum for the other day. :D I was never really interested in Barnacle Bay but this is one town that looks awesome!

Also, down at the Official Forums, there is talk of this being the town there was a poll for a few months ago, and that with this town there comes something called the Fountain of Youth, which reverses aging! Wow!

Here is a picture of the 'Fountain of Youth':

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Hidden Springs - New Downloadable World!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 09:47:33 AM »
Hey, it gets released near my Birthday! Doesn't increase my chance of Simpoints though, I expect it will either be this or Pets.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 09:50:42 AM »
Was the actual date announced officially? There has been speculation this may actually be released after Pets but before the alleged seasons EP in spring. So around November or December time. Then again, surely they wouldn't release all the info this early if it was to be released then?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 09:54:09 AM »
Was the actual date announced officially? There has been speculation this may actually be released after Pets but before the alleged seasons EP in spring. So around November or December time. Then again, surely they wouldn't release all the info this early if it was to be released then?

As you see, the date is August 25th in the official announcement.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
As you see, the date is August 25th in the official announcement.

Ah, okay. Sorry, I got confused. ::) Gosh, that's close!  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »
In case the official forums are down or you don't have a Facebook account, I have all the screenshots up on my blog.

anything