Author Topic: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty (failed -- move to Graveyard)  (Read 19890 times)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2011, 05:57:05 AM »
Do you have access to omni plants? If you do, feed them an expensive book - the deathfish bait one is $2500. Harvest, refeed and sell the rest. You'll hit the top of the career in a week or two.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »
She's still waiting for the last omni plant opportunity. I've done the math -- she's not going to reach the top of the Gardening career in time. But all is not lost...
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE – Catriona

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about time. One moment I was young; the next moment I was not young. It freaked me out, and you might say I went into a crisis.

I had some crazy ideas during that time. I wanted to buy something expensive, so I got a new bed. I wanted a new, expensive car (I hate what cars do to the environment, and I go everywhere on my scooter named Red Rider), and I bought something that I never drive. I also wanted a makeover, but Mom warned me that it might do strange things to my age, so I couldn’t do that. Hester joined me in the not-young age group and promptly freaked out.

Daniel followed suit.

That same evening, just to remind us of what would happen when you weren’t young anymore, Vesta died.

We were all pretty much broken-up about that, even though we knew Vesta was getting old, actually had been old for a long time.

The next night Mom almost died.

Luckily, one of my plants had turned out to be a death flower, which I gave to her since I couldn’t keep it. She gave it to the Grim Reaper, who immediately took it home. None of us had a chance to talk to him, but on the whole, that’s okay.

She decided to retire from her job and enjoy her second chance (actually her second, second chance), while she still had time.

The whole experience made me really think about how much time I had left. I didn’t learn much about math at the School of Peace and Love – just how to calculate astrological charts – but I figured out how much money I would have to make from gardening every day to reach the top of my career before I got too old to have children. That’s 84,000 simoleons divided by 14 days, which equals 6000 simoleons per day. Currently I was making a little over 2000 per day. So I decided to get another job. Daniel is the Mayor now, so he arranged for me to join the Sunset Valley Fire Department.

I can’t say I’m enthusiastic about fighting fires, but he assures me that promotion is rapid. I can't imagine why.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »
Woohoo, fire! Good choice.
Your other option for gardening would be to travel. If you have a long enough vacation you can harvest a ton of stuff. France has the most plants, but Egypt has accessible money trees in a tomb. One of my tries for my immortal dynasty the founder was elder and had a ways to go for his gardening career and that was how I pulled it off.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2011, 06:51:45 AM »
I thought about travel, but figured it would take too much time to get her to Visa level 3 so she could buy a house. It was my first attempt at maxing the gardening career, so I made a lot of mistakes.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »
It's always a pleasure to read your stories.

Good luck with the fire fighter. (Don't forget the LTR Entrepreneurial Mindset, it gives Sims a bonus to progress faster in professions. Details here.)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

loveSims

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2011, 07:52:56 AM »
Just let her work out a lot and updrade stuff she will be at the top in no time. But I'm sure you know it. Love this story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2011, 06:08:18 PM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO – Catriona

Chiquita had a foal! She drove everyone crazy with her constant whinnying. Hester was afraid he might have to put her down, because she kept trying and trying with no effect. But Mom suggested we all calm down and go to bed, and let her be. Sure enough at about 2 a.m., little Misty popped out. We all had to go look at her.

She’s not as pretty a foal as Chiquita was; Hester says he bred for speed rather than looks.

The other big news is that I got my promotion to Fire Chief! Considering I’m the least ancient person there, that’s not too surprising. As soon as I got the news, I rushed over to see Reid. We got married immediately. I moved in with him, and his vampire relatives moved out.

Reid was pretty sleepy, but we decided to try for a baby anyway; I don’t have much time left before my biological clock strikes midnight.

Still, I made it, thanks to a lot of help from Mom, Daniel, Hester, and Chiquita and Vesta. And Dad.

I’m going to miss those sprinklers.

Honor Roll – check (elementary school, high school)

Ten Black Ops – check (Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest, Pile of Permission Slips, Work/School Project, The Boiler Room, Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, Walking Bass Line, Stomping Grapes, Outstanding Tasting Ingredients, Rhythm Robot).

Properties – check (Wainwright’s Groceries, Andrew Wainwright Fishing Hole, upgraded to 3).

Supermax Skill – check (gardening)

Level 10 of career – check (Fire Fighter)

Obelisk – check (Byron Wainwright)

Ten Best friends – check (Daphne Wainwright, Hester W., Daniel W., Chiquita W., Shayna Major,  Reid Aldridge, Justine Thibodeau, Rene Aldridge, Jeramie Allocco, Abraham Hudson)

Ten NPC friends – check (Byron Wainwright, ghost; Leslie Schwab, maid; Marty Forest, paper boy; Christoper Allocco, paparazzi; Celina Goulon, explorer; Arron Tabor, repairman; Janice Nugent, tattoo artist; Marlene Wicker, mail person; Noel Hawes, bartender; Marco Ouellette, firefighter).

Collection of Ten Mounted Fish – check (Shark, robot fish, vampire fish, swordfish, red herring, black goldfish, angelfish, lobster, blowfish, salmon) $559.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE – Catriona

With all the excitement, I forgot to mention that Daniel went to Egypt simply in order to meet a tourist or explorer for me.

While he was there, he found a blue-gold macaw and brought it home.

I think I might add an aviary to this house. The rooms are large enough that the birds probably wouldn’t even realize they were inside. For example, this is the master bathroom – it’s bigger than my old bedroom was.

And this is another bathroom downstairs. I felt kind of embarrassed, throwing up in something that looks like a Roman temple.

This house is so big that Reid and I just rattle around. Well, Reid sort of bounces, but not as much as he used to.

He and I made a bargain: if he would check into the hospital’s diet clinic, I would start wearing a dress and change my hair. Reid said the style that suited my mother would also look good on me, and the only reason I wasn’t wearing it that way was because I didn’t want to look like Mom. So this is the new me.

I’m surprised at how busy I’ve been since getting married. Besides writing thank-you notes for all the wedding gifts, I also had to go to an awards ceremony at city hall. Everyone was so sweet that I feel kind of guilty about planning to retire as soon as I become an elder.

However, I definitely prefer gardening to putting out fires. I went over to Mom’s yesterday. First I gave Misty a brushing.

Then I picked up a few things to plant at home:  a couple of outstanding steaks so that I can get the omni plant seeds, and some life fruit for Reid. He and I had to wait so long that I want our marriage to last a while.

Besides, someone is going to have to stick around long enough to raise Deirdre.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »
Congrats on making it! Nice work.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2011, 10:14:03 AM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR – Catriona

I decided to act on my idea of an aviary and went out and found a cockatoo. We named him (her?) Toccata.  I’ve been teaching him how to say “sul sul.”

I guess you know you’ve gotten old when your back suddenly hurts.

Daniel called to let me know that Mom was getting ready to die. I went over to see her, but she wasn’t home. I did get to see Misty. She’s quite a distinctive-looking horse.

With Mom gone, we decided not to have a party for Deirdre. It was just me and Reid.

The Landgraab blond genes must be very strong, or maybe it’s an effect of living in what used to be their house. Otherwise, Deirdre seems to resemble Reid, and she may have inherited his tendency to put on weight as well. Her favorite color is white, which looks very nice against her natural tan.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
Deirdre is adorable. I had a Sim marry Malcolm Landgrab and their daughter had black he did bring some curvy genes into the family though.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE – Catriona

I hadn’t realized how large our yard was until I took Deirdre for a walk in her stroller. By the time we reached the front gate, she was ready to go back for lunch.

Reid has been quite the model parent, teaching Deirdre to walk.

Also, he’s been teaching her how to talk, although I’m not sure funerary urns are the best topic for a toddler. Hopefully, she’ll have forgotten about it by the time she goes to school. I haven’t decided when to talk to her about the requirements for Grandfather Andrew’s project, but I know I won’t start as early as Dad did. I still remember shocking my teacher when I told her Dad was going to give me an obelisk.

When we’re not playing with her, Deirdre likes to look at books by herself or talk to her little doll. Reid and I are thinking about adopting a child; otherwise she might grow up a bit lonely. This house is pretty big for just one little girl.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX – Catriona

I’m concerned about Deirdre. She’s becoming rather plump. I know the cause is genetic – both her father and her grandmother Abbie, on my side, had weight issues.

She doesn’t eat more than anyone else, and she loves to swim, but still, every time she weighs in, she’s put on a few extra pounds.

Reid and I had agreed not to worry, that she could resolve the problem when she got older by enrolling in the same diet program at the hospital that he went to. But then she came home from school in tears.

Some horrid little boy at school had called her fat and rich and some other name that I won’t repeat.  I had thought I could deal with this by repeating “sticks and stones,” etc., by telling her that I was called “Carrots” in school because I had red hair and because I was a vegetarian. But it wasn’t the same. I never felt that some other kids hated me. I couldn’t think of anything to say, so I just let her cry.

“I don’t want to go back,” she wailed. “I want to go to boarding school like you did.”

“There are mean kids at boarding school, too,” I said. “Even at the School of Peace and Love.”

“I don’t want to go there,” said Deirdre. “I want to go to Le Fromage.”

“Probably there are mean kids there, too.”

“Yeah, but they’ll be mean in French, so I won’t understand them.”

I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing at her logic. I realized the time had come to talk to her about the Project.

“You are a very special little girl,” I began.

Deirdre pulled away from me. “I know that,” she said. “I know you and Daddy think I’m wonderful. But that doesn’t seem to help.” More tears.

“No, I meant you have a special mission. It was your great grandfather Andrew’s dream to have a long line of descendants, and for each of those descendants to accomplish certain tasks. It hasn’t been easy. Your grandmother was an old lady before my father could marry her, but he used a family potion to make her young again. I had to wait a long time before your dad and I could marry – that’s why I have a few gray hairs now. As part of your mission, you have to get on the honor roll in grade school and also in high school. But as soon as you do that, I promise, you can go to boarding school.”

A few more sniffs, and then she went upstairs, taking her rag doll with her. A little while later, she came back down.

“I got a call from the Science Lab,” she said. “If I bring them a rainbow gem and 4500 simoleons, they’ll make Gilly real.”

I hesitated. “Gilly” was her imaginary friend, and I wasn’t sure if I could deal with the disappointment if the offer turned out to be a prank. “Are you sure the call came from the Science Lab?” I asked.

“Yeah. It was a grown-up’s voice, and he said he used to know my grandfather.”

As it turned out, I did have a rainbow gem in my possession, and 4500 simoleons was a small price to pay to see a smile on her face again. Deirdre took the gem and put it in the mail.

After that, she went to the Science Lab and handed over the money.

To my surprise, the potion they gave her actually worked. There was a purple cloud…

And the next thing we knew, another little girl was running around the house. Gilly seems perfectly normal, that is, if it’s normal to dress up like a tyrannosaurus rex when playing with a dollhouse.

Deirdre agreed to do some extra studying with her dad to make sure she gets on the honor roll.

She and Gilly have been playing happily ever since, Princess Deirdre painting,

while Prince Gilly teaches Toccata a new word.

loveSims

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2012, 03:46:59 AM »
What a sweet update! I love this Dynasty. :)

anything