Author Topic: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty (failed -- move to Graveyard)  (Read 19894 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2011, 06:37:39 PM »
What a pretty name! I've liked Catriona since I came across it in a Stevenson novel.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE – Daphne

Excerpt from Journal:

I’m keeping this journal for my writing class. If you can write one page a day, every day, you’ll know that you have it in you to be a novelist, because at the end of the year, that will be 365 pages. So says the teacher.

Lately, my life has been taken up with toddlers. Byron and I have been teaching Catriona how to talk. She talks to Byron about tricycles and fishing.

She talks to me about clowns. Does that say something about my parenting skills?

As I look back over the pictures, I realize there are more of Byron with Catriona than of me with her. Either he’s “teaching” her how to ride,

Or he’s reading to her.

This is probably the result of the fact that I’m usually the one holding the camera. In fact, the only time I wasn’t holding the camera was when I was going into labor.

And I seem to think it’s cute when Byron is interacting with the children.

Or when he’s acting like a big kid himself.

Anyway, here’s Daniel, the newest addition to the Wainwright family. He seems to have inherited my blue eyes, and we think the blond hair came from my dad.

Note to Self:  I need to start “putting myself in the picture” more.  If I don’t, I’ll be looking at the family snapshots years from now, and wondering where I disappeared to. Or maybe that’s a neurotic thing to worry about?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2011, 08:58:50 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE – Catriona

My name is Catriona Wainwright, I am six years old, I had a birthday yesterday, and some relatives came – my Aunt Claire, Uncle Tyson, and Uncle P.J.

Tomorrow I will go to school, but Daddy is helping me get a head start so I can make the honor roll. He says it’s very important that I get on the honor roll because I am an Airess. I love Daddy,

I love Mommy, who is going to teach me how to garden (I want to grow lots of very good vegetables when I grow up so people won’t have to eat animals),

I love my little brother Daniel, and

I love our horse Vesta. I wish I could ride her but Daddy says I have to wait till I am bigger.

I love my bedroom, it is pink and decorated with unicorns.

I’m learning how to cook, and

I made blueberry muffins, they don’t have any meat in them.

I like to swing,

I like to play on the slide,

I like to pretend I’m a princess, but

I like being a dinosaur better,

I like riding my pony and pretending it’s a unicorn,

But most of all, I like playing in the sprinkler.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Sigh. I got in trouble at school. I told my teacher that I was an Airess, someday I would be able to fly like my grandfather, and my Daddy was going to give me a Noblisk. She called Daddy to find out what I was talking about.

Afterwards, Daddy said he had told my teacher that my grandfather had been an astronaut, that I was heiress to the family’s red hair, and that possibly a noblisk was a kind of fish. He said he should have made it clear to me that my being an heiress was a private matter. He said maybe he should have waited until I was a little older, but that he had started talking to me about his father’s project now because he’d had a negative reaction when his father waited until he was in his teens.

Being an heiress has nothing to do with the air. It means I have to do a bunch of things to help continue the Wainwright name. The first thing was to get on the honor roll, which I did. I also completed two Black Ops (Daddy had me write things down so I would get the spelling right). They were Pile of Permission Slips and Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest. I have to do 8 more before I can move out.

I have to get on the honor roll again in high school. I have to reach the top of my career and complete all the parts of my skill, which will be gardening. Daddy has already provided me with a collection of mounted fish, and he says he’ll give me an obelisk, but he’ll explain what that is when I get older. He says Mommy and Daniel will help me with making friends. Oh, and I have to wait to get married until I’m ready to leave the house, but that’s okay because I ‘m not all that interested in boys.

Daniel had his birthday while I was out looking for beetles.

The little doll he kept playing with also whirled around and got sparkly – I’m not sure what that means.

One cool thing I did was to go to the Science Lab on a field trip. I learned how to fish there.

They gave me a little model of the atom they have in front of the building. It’s almost as cool as my stuffed unicorn.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2011, 11:09:27 PM »
Aww, this is so sweet. You did a good job with a child's point of view.

And that picture of collecting bugs on the beach is just gorgeous.

loveSims

« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2011, 02:38:35 AM »
All I can say is you're truly a amazing writer!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE – Catriona

I had a very important birthday a few days ago. I’m a teenager now.

The first thing I did was find some clothes in my favorite color – pink. I also got a haircut, not wanting to look like a schoolmarm from the nineteenth century.

The second thing I did was to go take a gardening class. While I was at the Science Center, I fed one of Mom’s books to the omni-plant and talked to it for a while. I hope Mom doesn’t mind about the book. She’s always saying she wished we had more money, and this is one way we can get some.

Mom had a birthday, too, but she didn’t want a party. She says it’s the birthday she’s been dreading ever since Dad gave her a certain potion.

She spends all her time now examining her face for wrinkles, which I think is silly. She started a new job in Journalism, and I think that would be much more interesting than counting wrinkles.

We’ve added another child to the family. Daniel got some kind of potion from Dad and gave it to his doll.

I thought it was all make-believe, but Hester glowed purple for a few minutes, and then turned into a real child. Dad says Hester will help me make friends for the Project.

He’ll also be able to help with Vesta when he gets older; the kid’s crazy about horses.

A few days ago I would have felt cross about that, but now that I’ve experienced horseback riding, I’m not so keen on becoming a female jockey. Although I might have been more comfortable if I’d been wearing something other than my bathing suit.

I’ve pretty much decided on becoming a full-time gardener. I tried working in an office as one of my Black Ops – the Work/School Project. It was bad enough being cooped up for two hours, let alone all day every day for the rest of my adult life.

The only place where I’m really happy is the garden. I like weeding the plants and harvesting them, and even fertilizing them.

I even like doing my homework there, although I wish Dad wouldn’t play in the sprinkler when I’m working on algebra problems.

But above all,it's a great place for playing in the sprinkler.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX -- Catriona

Last night I went to The Prom.

It was the best night of my life, then the worst night, then the best night again. I guess I should explain. Best night – I was named Prom Queen and I won the solo dance contest. Worst night – the girl I beat started shoving me, and the next thing I knew we were fighting. Also, the guy I had a crush on (I’ll never divulge his name) wouldn’t dance with me and made fun of me for asking him. Best night again – Reid Alldridge, who’s a senior, and whose family lives in that big mansion over on Summerhill, brought me a glass of punch and then asked me to dance and then told me he had a crush on me!

So I shall always keep this picture on my dresser to remind me of that totally awesome evening.

Mom’s been acting all weepy ever since she had that birthday, so Dad decided to take her to Egypt for a few days. She spent most of the time reading and taking pictures – which she actually got paid for -- but Dad went exploring in a few tombs. He said he saw some creepy things, like a couple of skeletons of previous explorers.

But he also saw some cool stuff, like this room full of flaming sphinxes.

He and Mom brought me some cherries and pomegranates and flame fruit to plant in the garden. So far the only thing I can plant is the pomegranate and a seed that Daniel picked up at the mausoleum.

It’s funny – Daniel and Hester were little boys just a few days ago.

But they both had their birthday today, and now they’re teenagers like me. I think it’s terribly unfair that they’re both better-looking, Daniel especially. He inherited Mom’s big blue eyes, while I got Dad’s squinty ones.

Hester, of course, is gorgeous. If he weren’t like a little brother, I might have a crush on him.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »
Great update. When do we get to meet Reid.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
Nice going - I like how you introduced new characters.
Catriona is a cutie - don't let her hottie brothers bother you. Let me pull out the gay fashion designer for a moment  :-*
- She's got a long face - go with longer hair. The short hair is not good for her chin.
- Use some blush on her cheeks to accentuate them.
- Some eyeliner under her eyes will make them look more open.
- Skip the high-waisted dresses, they accentuate her waist in a bad way. Go for longer dresses.

Or, when she's had the next heir and can do so, visit the plastic surgeon and get some corrections.  ::)
LOL - I don't do that much. I don't usually care about my sims' looks much.
And methinks you need to upload Hester when he hits YA...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN – Catriona

After Prom night, school has been kind of a bummer. Reid graduated, and I’ve had to endure the teasing of the slinky minx who thought she should have won the dance contest. I mean, let it go, already. Plus, when I went to sign up for an after-school activity, I found out that they didn’t have a gardening club. I guess Mom and Dad noticed that I was moping around the house, so Mom asked me if I’d be interested in going to the School of Peace and Love. I’d have to make the honor roll first, she warned.

The night before I left, I invited Reid over. It was kind of late when he showed up because he works at the spa. I explained to him that the only reason I was going was to learn about gardening.

He said he understood. I wanted to ask him to promise not to get involved with any of the slinky minxes at the spa, but I realized I was too young for that. Instead I gave him a big hug and hoped that he’d get the message.

I’m going to miss everyone, but I don’t think I’ll miss being around a younger brother who likes to pull pranks.

…I’ve been at school a little while and it’s great. Everyone here is very mellow. My fruit teacher said I could call her whatever I liked, so I decided to call her Fluffy. Mom and Dad send me news from home. Hester has taken up riding. In fact, he’s decided to become a jockey.

He and Vesta managed to win the first race they entered. Well, he said Vesta won the race really, because he still sits like a sack of potatoes.

Daniel signed up for the Drama Club, which should be interesting. He decided to explore the catacombs, since he only got a glimpse when he went on a field trip. He said he picked up some seeds for me, but other than that he didn’t want to discuss the experience.

Mom got on the phone then, and her voice sounded kind of funny. First of all she asked me how to get in touch with my favorite teacher. I thought that was weird, but I looked up Fluffy’s phone number and gave it to her. Then she told me that Dad had died.

She said it was very quick and very peaceful. Then she started crying and I could hear Vesta whinnying outside. She asked if I wanted to come home, and I said no, I was okay, that Dad had talked to me and warned me that might happen, and had said he wanted me to stay and finish my education. Then I started crying too.

So Dad delivered on his promise and got me the obelisk, and now I have to carry on with the project. Six more Black Ops, a great garden, the top of the career of gardening, and great gardening skill, plus a bunch of friends, and a couple of properties. I think I can manage all that, but I really wish he were still around to help me.

Good-bye, Dad.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT – Catriona

I have been sooo envious. Mom decided to breed Vesta before she got too old, so she had a foal while I was at school. They named her Chiquita, and insisted on sending me pictures, so I “wouldn’t feel left out.” Right. So here’s Chiquita when she was born.

Here Vesta is nursing her.

Here Vesta and Chiquita are playing together.

Here Hester is brushing her (major jealous moment).

And here Daniel is giving her a bottle (really major jealous moment).

I was so homesick I could taste it. But I’ve graduated now. I am officially qualified to give the peace sign, and I have learned all about taking care of the environment. I also learned how to play the guitar and make nectar.

As soon as I got home, I headed out to the garden, partly so I could see the new plants Mom put in, but mainly so I could play in the sprinkler.

Even our little horse gnome knows it’s the funnest thing to do.

The next thing was to sign up as a gardener. Already I’m a Fertilizer Flinger, a level 5. So I’m halfway there, theoretically. I went to the library to check out the latest research on gardening as it was too early in the day to call Reid. Even people who love you don’t like being awakened at 4 in the morning. But I saw Reid later at the beach. He was very happy to see me.

When I returned home, Chiquita was hungry, so I got to feed her.

Life is good.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »
Congratulations on graduating Catriona,Chiquita is adorable it makes me want to adopt a horse in my game.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2011, 07:26:16 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE – Catriona

My life has settled down into a rhythm; you might almost call it a rut. I get up; I make breakfast or eat leftovers; I garden. After harvesting everything, I plant the best of my veggies and sell the rest. At the rate I’m going, I’ll be an old lady before I reach the top of the Gardening career. Mom says not to get discouraged.

I did have one cool thing happen. I went to France to try and get some tips for my guitar-playing. Either I’m really bad, or I’m just too far ahead of my time. Not one person dropped so much as a centime in my guitar-case.

The trip wasn’t a total loss because I picked up the seeds for some varietals of grapes. I also purchased a Kenspa. I got it because I always feel guilty when I take a taxi or go somewhere by myself in the car. I can’t help thinking of all the carbon dioxide I’m sending into the atmosphere for one little person. The Kenspa gives off one-tenth the emissions, but it’s much faster than a bicycle.

Besides calling Reid, my other form of excitement has been watching my brother and Hester grow up. It seems like only yesterday they were conspiring to prank the entire house.

Mom found it particularly annoying because she was going to a party at the home of Bean Wainwright. He’s not really a relation but the friend of my Aunt Claire. Mom said he’s the only one of the four who is still alive. He was in the military like my Uncle Tyson and Grandfather Andrew.

Daniel and Hester both went to the Prom without dates. As you can see, their pictures have the same backdrop and pose that mine did. Anyway, Hester had a pretty good time. He was named Prom King and started a relationship with Ida McMullen. Unfortunately, Daniel and Ida have been good buddies ever since grade school, and I kind of have the feeling that Daniel was hoping the relationship would develop into something more. But I can understand why Ida would go for Hester. Aside from the fact that he’s very good-looking and athletic and has a way with horses, he’s someone she has not been good buddies with since grade school.

Immediately following the Prom, they both became young adults. Daniel was first.

Hester came next.

We all went to see them graduate the next day. Hester was named Class Valedictorian and Most Likely to Save the World; Daniel graduated with highest honors and was named Most Popular.

After graduation, Daniel applied for a job as a podium polisher in politics, while Hester was off to the races. Literally. He’s probably the first person to win the Hirai Derby while wearing a cap and gown. He and Chiquita also came in second in a jumping competition.

As for me, I got the chance to plant some cheese and eggs. Although having my own omni plant won’t take care of all of my requirements, it will go a long way towards getting me to the top of my career. This is something I want to do as quickly as possible so I can marry Reid. He and I saw each other last night.

We’re going steady now, but that’s as far as I can take our relationship. I met his sister, who is definitely a vampire, and Reid told me his father is one, too. I made it clear to him that we can’t get married if he’s a vampire, and that I can’t get married just yet. He promised he’d try not to become one, and I hope that’ll be enough.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
CHAPTER THIRTY – Catriona

Mom became an elder the other day. She’s darkened her hair since she took this picture. I gave her a death flower to keep just in case, because she does want to see me get married.

It’s possible that I’m the only one who will marry. Ida doesn’t seem likely to hook up with either of my brothers. She’s always been “just friends” with Daniel, and she’s getting tired of Hester always talking about horses. Hester is doing well as a jockey, but he does have some crazy ideas. Like, he says Vesta wants to take up painting now that she’s quit racing.

And he also claims that the horse gnomes in the garden have their own little Cavaletti  bars to jump over.

I guess we do have an unusual household. Dad shows up from time to time with a laptop computer that he didn’t used to have.

As for me, I keep gardening. I have managed to complete one of my goals – super-maxing the gardening skill. But the other two – completing ten opportunities and reaching the top of the career – seem far away. Every time I get a promotion, I need to make almost twice as much money to get the next promotion.

anything