Author Topic: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty (failed -- move to Graveyard)  (Read 19891 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
This is such a lovely story and each of the heirs has their own unique personality.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN – Catriona

For a while, we had peace. Deirdre and Gilly were the best of friends, doing everything together, including homework.

One day, they declared that we needed a cat, and Sherbet joined the family. Like most cats, she enjoys the finer things in life and quickly decided that the antique chair with velvet upholstery was preferable to her (rather expensive) cat condo.

Our peaceful, halcyon existence was soon to end. The girls became teenagers. We made a new bedroom for them and converted the nursery to a study.

Furniture wasn’t the problem, however. Deirdre woke up one morning to find that she was no longer a chubby little girl, but a teenager with more than a weight problem.

“It’s not fair!” she sobbed. “Gilly gets to wear cute clothes, but I have to dress in a tent! I want to go to the hospital for the same weight reduction clinic that Daddy did.”

Reid and I had agreed that we would not sign off on the weight reduction clinic for Deirdre while she was a teenager because it was somewhat risky. As Reid said, losing a few pounds wasn’t worth a possible long-term problem. But that was before we were confronted with a tearful teenager.  And I could see that it might cause a rift between her and Gilly, if Gilly was cute and skinny and popular and Deirdre thought she was too fat for anyone to like her.

“It’s pretty expensive,” I warned her. “If you do this, you won’t be able to go to boarding school.”

“If I can lose some weight, I won’t need to go to boarding school,” said Deirdre.

So Reid and I signed the permission slip. We did spend a little time negotiating the goal. Deirdre wanted to aim for a Size Zero; Reid and I thought that would be too unhealthy and held out for a Size Twelve. Finally Deirdre agreed on condition that she get to go to Egypt with Reid on his upcoming trip with the symphony. She came back from the hospital beaming.

But she warned me, she was still going to exercise so she could look really good in her prom dress. What surprises me is how much her face is like mine. I had always thought she would grow up to resemble Reid, but instead she has my features. Anyway, she took an exercise class, while Gilly signed up for the Newspaper Club and took a class in writing.

Peaceful, halcyon days. That evening, Reid died. He came home from work, took a shower, and then the Grim Reaper came for him. Already I miss him.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT – Catriona

For a while I was sunk in grief over Reid. I would spend hours re-reading A Magnetic Attraction. The two lovers in that book reminded me so much of Reid and myself, except that they were younger, prettier, and wore less clothing.

Then I discovered fishing. I could stand and fish for hours, not caring whether I caught anything but just watching the play of sunlight or moonlight upon the water. Unfortunately, I had to quit fishing as that had been my father’s unique skill.

The girls have been having trouble with grief as well, Deirdre especially. She decided not to go to Egypt on her own, but she and Gilly both went to their prom. They were both tired and unhappy when they left the house, and that was the high point of the evening.

They both saw someone wearing the same outfit they’d chosen; Gilly had punch spilled on her; and neither one had a chance to dance with her crush. Gilly was named Prom Queen. Although Deirdre was honestly quite happy for her, saying she wouldn’t have been chosen anyway, Gilly was upset because Deirdre hadn’t won. Teens, go figure.

But we’re beginning to recover. Deirdre had started to gain back some weight, but she’s exercising now and sticking to a strict diet.

As for me, I’ve found that Sherbet is a good companion when I’ve found too many old friends in the obituary column. Cats always seem to know when they’re needed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty (failed -- move to graveyard)
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2012, 11:10:25 AM »
Grrr -- I couldn't figure out why Deirdre is a day younger than her imaginary friend and just realized it's because she had plastic surgery done -- which is illegal for the heir.

Oh well, I wasn't sure who she was going to marry as the only boy at school was a babysitter. Plus, I was worried about what Showtime would do to Sunset Valley when I installed it, because I almost lost the family with Pets.

I'll probably start a new decadynasty when Showtime comes out. It's been a lot of fun, and I've picked up some good tips along the way.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Wainwrights Forever -- A Townie decaDynasty (failed -- move to Graveyard)
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »
Oh Marian that is such a shame. I will be moving this thread to the stories graveyard for you.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything