Author Topic: Invisible Sims?  (Read 2776 times)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
Invisible Sims?
« on: July 29, 2011, 06:37:57 PM »
 Okay, so my little sister made a family, which was Mom (adult), Dad (adult), Daughter (teen),and Son (teen). When Daughter became a Young Adult, She kicked Mom, Dad, and Son out of the house. So, skip about a week. She is having a wedding party, and invites Mom, Dad, and Son, (And Son 2 (New kid)). MOM SHOWS UP AS A FLOATING HEAD WITH FEET! She hobbles around everywhere as an elder, and her body is invisible. It doesn't seem to bother the sims, but it freaks me out! Weeks later, her body reappeared.

WHAT IS GOING ON?! ???

Sportsfan

Re: Invisible Sims?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:35:25 PM »
It's a bug. I think it came with the generations patch. If you see it again you can do either reset I'm or I've found that having them go to another lot seems to fix the problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:08:16 PM »
Maybe there's some CC installed? I had this happen to me before with a bad CC clothing I had. The non-dressed parts of my sim would appear, but the parts covered by the outfit wouldn't. That's one of the reasons why I don't have any CC now.

Try checking if your sister has any CC installed, and if she does, try loading the game without it.

Good luck  :D

Sims3Geek

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
Maybe there's some CC installed? I had this happen to me before with a bad CC clothing I had. The non-dressed parts of my sim would appear, but the parts covered by the outfit wouldn't. That's one of the reasons why I don't have any CC now.

Try checking if your sister has any CC installed, and if she does, try loading the game without it.

Good luck  :D

Or feel the base of the PC & if it's hot, shut it down and let it rest. If it's cool it's probably the above.  ;)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 12:29:15 AM »
Well, the only CC she has is Riverview. The mother was not wearing any CC clothing, and I actually think the clothes were from the base game. But who knows with uncontrolled, invisible sims? It might've been a Generations bug (The only one I've had, thank goodness). It's gone, and it's only happened to her. It might've been the computer.