Author Topic: A cool way to put out fires.  (Read 16026 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
A cool way to put out fires.
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:27:40 AM »
Sprinklers are great you can even put them in your house, the fire goes out because water goes all over the place. That is the only con but at least you wouldn't lose the stuff you had to fire.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
Re: A cool way to put out fires.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:52:23 AM »
That's interesting. I'll give it a try, thanks!
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »
Bah, you couldn't have posted this yesterday?  As in, before my kitchen destroyed itself?  

(hehe just kidding ;D.  Great tip and one I'll definitely try out!  Thanks for sharing!)

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
I have like a dive well in a room next to the kitchen. It looks cool and stuff. And it puts the fire right out. But the sprinklers are a more normal way than a sim randomly jumping in the dive well.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »
I have like a dive well in a room next to the kitchen. It looks cool and stuff. And it puts the fire right out. But the sprinklers are a more normal way than a sim randomly jumping in the dive well.

You could have both, the dive pool to put out sims and the sprinklers to put out the fire lol. ;D
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Sportsfan

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »
This is a great idea, but does it leave a big puddle on the floor?

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »
This is a great idea, but does it leave a big puddle on the floor?

Yep but after it goes out you could make the sims in your house clean it lol, it also puts it out very quickly.
We are of peace, always.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 07:39:03 AM »
My only worry would be that sims would go to play in sprinkler when you're not looking...

imaGleek

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
That's a really cool idea, and now I wish I had a sprinkler when I was playing the Wolff's the other day and their whole kitchen caught on fire by the birthday cake in the middle of Morgana's party.

Sportsfan

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
My only worry would be that sims would go to play in sprinkler when you're not looking...
But if they're on fire, that would be a good thing.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »
Where. Where did you were when my poor Random Wishmaster inventor caught the whole backyard on fire?

Seriously, this is so helpful. Thanks much.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »
For putting out sims, I much prefer using steam traps specifically set up for that purpose.  They take up less space than a dive well, and can be made to look more technological.  I had tried to use them to extinguish cooking fires, but once the fire starts the traditional switches can't be operated.  I'm actually a little surprised that sprinklers can be operated after a fire starts.

But now that I think about it, turning on a sprinkler doesn't require your sim to physically interact with it...much like lights.  And for my burglary prevention system, I activated it using a wall light set to accept triggers.  I wanted to make a way to activate the system regardless of the sim's mood, because sims won't operate switches when they're really tired.  Manipulating switches also require time.

This means that I may possibly be able to make my fire prevention system work the same way.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »
Also a Shower in a Can, can put sims out if they catch on fire.
We are of peace, always.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »
I haven't had an opportunity to try this yet as nothing's caught fire.  I'm trying to think of a way to start a fire on purpose.  Perhaps if I leave food unattended on the stove?  Or push a sofa right up next to a fireplace?  I'll have to play around with ideas.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 12:40:48 AM »
Perhaps if I leave food unattended on the stove?  Or push a sofa right up next to a fireplace?

For stoves, they need to be one of the cheaper ones.  The higher end stoves have built in "Fireproof" modifications, and won't catch fire even if you leave food unattended for days.

For fireplaces, cheaper is also better...but not totally required.  And you can start a fire cheaper by placing a rug extremely close to the fireplace.  Having a sim poke the fire also seems to speed up the process, but it also puts them in danger.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything