Author Topic: Sims wearing formal clothes as everyday clothes - Bug?  (Read 18497 times)

Frey

Sims wearing formal clothes as everyday clothes - Bug?
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
I am having this issue that really bugs me, even if it is a minor thing:
Everytime a sim from my household needs to wear their formal outfit (for prom, wedding, party, whatever) they start wearing that outfit as their everyday clothes. For example, my sim went to prom in her prom dress and now she wears it all day! she only changes to sleep and swim. At first it was just her, but then the younger twin brothers went to their own prom and they started doing it too. After that, the older sister got married, the whole family went to the wedding, and the rest of the family that were still not bugged started having the same problem... So now I have a family of 7 sims that keep wearing formal dresses and suits for work, school, at home... except when slipping or swiming.

I suspect there's no real solution for this, but... any ideas? I know it's a minor glitch but it's annoying for me. Oh, and none of them have the insane trait so that's not the reason  ::).

VampirePlasma

Re: Sims wearing formal clothes as everyday clothes - Bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »
I don't know, but can you change their outfits? Maybe Plan outfit, and is it on all your saved files?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »
I noticed in a family recently that the game seemed to be randomly creating alternate everyday outfits for my sims.  They didn't use them unless directed, but when I asked them to change clothes all those extra options would come up.  I also noticed that whichever I chose to use became #1 and the former #1 got bumped down to #2 or #3.  Is it possible that the formal outfits they have also overlap and can be used as everyday outfits, even if you've chosen them only as formal?  If so, I'm wondering if the game hasn't randomly made an extra everyday outfit for each sim, identical to the formal one.  I know in CAS if an outfit overlaps more than one category, particularly between everyday and formal, the game will suggest the same outfit for both categories.  Might be worth checking on.  If this is the case, you just need to ask them to change into the desired everyday outfit, making the extra an alternate which makes it delete-able.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:36:12 PM »
or maybe try Edit in CAS cheat?
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
I edited a sim in CAS earlier today and changed her everday outfit. At first when she came out she was wearing it, but she wasn't completely loaded yet. Then when she did she was wearing her athletic clothes! She never changes out of it except sleep and swim like you said Frey!  :o

Frey

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 08:58:38 PM »
I don't know, but can you change their outfits? Maybe Plan outfit, and is it on all your saved files?
Well, I can change their outfits but if they go to sleep and get up next morning they will wear their formal clothes again, and the same if they go to swim, take a bath or wohoo or whatever. Some of them also wear their formal clothes to work instead of their normal uniform. And I could just keep changing their outfits, but the thing is my computer gets really laggy when I do that and it's annoying...specially because there are seven sims with the issue and not just one or two. Oh, and I don't know about other saved files... I try to play only one at a time because having multiple saved files makes my game slower... but I will check it out tonight and see if it happens.

I noticed in a family recently that the game seemed to be randomly creating alternate everyday outfits for my sims.  They didn't use them unless directed, but when I asked them to change clothes all those extra options would come up.  I also noticed that whichever I chose to use became #1 and the former #1 got bumped down to #2 or #3.  Is it possible that the formal outfits they have also overlap and can be used as everyday outfits, even if you've chosen them only as formal?  If so, I'm wondering if the game hasn't randomly made an extra everyday outfit for each sim, identical to the formal one.  I know in CAS if an outfit overlaps more than one category, particularly between everyday and formal, the game will suggest the same outfit for both categories.  Might be worth checking on.  If this is the case, you just need to ask them to change into the desired everyday outfit, making the extra an alternate which makes it delete-able.
I had never heard about this, but I checked if they had multiple everyday outfits and they don't. They just have one for each category and their working outfits. And some of them are wearing multi-category items (I mean, items that are both everyday and formal clothing) but not all of them so if it is overlaping I think it's a bug?

or maybe try Edit in CAS cheat?
Yeah, I tried that... but even if I change their formal outfit, they will put on the new one as if it were their everyday clothing.

I edited a sim in CAS earlier today and changed her everday outfit. At first when she came out she was wearing it, but she wasn't completely loaded yet. Then when she did she was wearing her athletic clothes! She never changes out of it except sleep and swim like you said Frey!  :o
Really? Well at least I' not alone in this  :P. Now you say that, the issue might have started with CAS in my case as well. As I said, it started after my sim went to prom, but right before that I edited her formal clothing in CAS, and I did the same thing before the other sim got married and the family attended the wedding. I can't be sure which of both actions started the problem, but I would bet for CAS after reading your answer.

Thanks to all for the replies... I will do some testing, maybe I figure this out during my last days of vacations hehe. Oh and sorry for the long post!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 09:22:21 PM »
I had never heard about this, but I checked if they had multiple everyday outfits and they don't. They just have one for each category and their working outfits. And some of them are wearing multi-category items (I mean, items that are both everyday and formal clothing) but not all of them so if it is overlaping I think it's a bug?

I agree, it doesn't sound like the situation I encountered.  Have you tried a simple reset of any of them to see if that might not help?  It's kind of like unplugging the computer and plugging it back in, but sometimes that works wonders.   ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
I agree, it doesn't sound like the situation I encountered.  Have you tried a simple reset of any of them to see if that might not help?  It's kind of like unplugging the computer and plugging it back in, but sometimes that works wonders.   ;)

Yeah, I reseted all of them and it worked with a few sims, but not all. The daughter that first had the issue got fixed after a trip to Egypt and I didn't need to reset her, and the mother and one of the other daughters got fixed after using resetSim. Both teens are still doing this, and I don't know about the married sister because... well, she's married and living in another house now. Maybe both teens will get lucky and travel somewhere to see if that helps  ;).

Thanks for the help!