Author Topic: Hidden Traits Revealed  (Read 133842 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Hidden Traits Revealed
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »
There was one for sims 2, and you could open any package file and clone it, and then adjust things like price, environment score etc. It was also how you could recolour things for sims 2. You had to open them in the package editor (PE) and then export the images, and use something like photoshop. I don't know what the ones for sims 3 are like - they all look too complicated to me. I mostly only used it for sims 2 to recolour things (and make some replacement colours too for a medival theme).

Leto85

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 08:22:12 PM »
There was one for sims 2, and you could open any package file and clone it, and then adjust things like price, environment score etc. It was also how you could recolour things for sims 2. You had to open them in the package editor (PE) and then export the images, and use something like photoshop. I don't know what the ones for sims 3 are like - they all look too complicated to me. I mostly only used it for sims 2 to recolour things (and make some replacement colours too for a medival theme).

Perhaps that's possible, but programs that may support that are mods and therefore not discussable here.
Unless you mean something else. You can pm me if you have doubts.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
Today I was playing and my family had a baby. The game informed me that the baby was born with the pyromaniac trait. I have never noticed the game telling me when a baby has a hidden trait before. Also could the pyro trait come from her dare devil father.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Leto85

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 01:21:24 AM »
Today I was playing and my family had a baby. The game informed me that the baby was born with the pyromaniac trait. I have never noticed the game telling me when a baby has a hidden trait before. Also could the pyro trait come from her dare devil father.

Rachel

Interesting. Mayby it's something new for the latest patch or something to inform the gamer about a Duma  charasterstics hidden underneath.
Could you kept me informed about future knowledge about more possible findings according to this?

Hunnington

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
That's cool but how do you get hidden traits?

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:36 PM »
You get then by having children with Npcs, like the maid or policeperson.

Part of Carl's guide explains it in more detail. It is at the bottom of the page. Here's the link http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/traits/.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »
Leto,I have a question. I had my decadynasty heir reach level ten in the fire Fighter career so that she is immune to fire will her heir and subsequent descendants also have the immune to fire trait.

The plan is that I won't loose any heirs accidentally to a firey death.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »
I spotted one of my sims having a new hidden trait, labeled as DNT.  Anyone have any idea what this stands for?

Leto85

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
Leto,I have a question. I had my decadynasty heir reach level ten in the fire Fighter career so that she is immune to fire will her heir and subsequent descendants also have the immune to fire trait.

The plan is that I won't loose any heirs accidentally to a firey death.

Rachel

Dear Rachel, what exactly is your question? ;)

@Branr: I've never heard of it. Have you find any things that particular Sim can do that others don't?

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »

@Branr: I've never heard of it. Have you find any things that particular Sim can do others don't?

My sim is currently in the music career (symphonic), the only out-of-the-ordinary thing she has done is ask the genie to make her beautiful.  I have read in other threads where no one saw any change in the sim that received that particular wish, and I am wondering if this hidden trait might be the reward, and wondered what it does.

Leto85

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
My sim is currently in the music career (symphonic), the only out-of-the-ordinary thing she has done is ask the genie to make her beautiful.  I have read in other threads where no one saw any change in the sim that received that particular wish, and I am wondering if this hidden trait might be the reward, and wondered what it does.

I really have no idea. Wish I would though. So all my hope is on you now. :) Perhaps you will find it out in time, who knows, or someone else will get the same hidden trait and can learn you a thing or two.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
Hi,

Very interesting these hidden traits!
I was going to have my sim marry an fireman who is not an NPC, but now I am thinking of trying to let her marry an NPC :D

I spotted one of my sims having a new hidden trait, labeled as DNT.  Anyone have any idea what this stands for?

I found this on The Sims Wiki:
Hidden traits Labeled "DNT" come with The Sims 3: Showtime. Sim can't get the that traits except using 3rd party mod. Those hidden traits don't have any effect to sims.
Don't understand what "using 3rd party mod" means though... but maybe you do? :P
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 01:37:39 AM »
Don't understand what "using 3rd party mod" means though... but maybe you do? :P

"Using 3rd party mod" means utilizing a .package file to alter game coding in a way in which to fix glitches, add new functionality, or both. Example: twallan's Traveler Mod is both, it enables you to see what causes a vacation to fail, and it allows any world to be used as a Vacation World.
So in this sense, it means using a Mod like MasterController to unlock the trait.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Hidden Traits Revealed
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 02:13:23 AM »
"Using 3rd party mod" means utilizing a .package file to alter game coding in a way in which to fix glitches, add new functionality, or both. Example: twallan's Traveler Mod is both, it enables you to see what causes a vacation to fail, and it allows any world to be used as a Vacation World.
So in this sense, it means using a Mod like MasterController to unlock the trait.

Do mean we could go to Riverview or Lunar Lakes on vacation? That would be cool.

Leto85

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 06:14:08 AM »
Hi,

Very interesting these hidden traits!
I was going to have my sim marry an fireman who is not an NPC, but now I am thinking of trying to let her marry an NPC :D

I found this on The Sims Wiki:
Hidden traits Labeled "DNT" come with The Sims 3: Showtime. Sim can't get the that traits except using 3rd party mod. Those hidden traits don't have any effect to sims.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I now wonder which hidden traits Sims Wiki was revering too.
And if they can not be added to a sim, why are they in the game? Npc only? Perhaps through breeding, perhaps not. First I like to know what those hidden traits do. :)