Author Topic: Adding a pre-made sim to the game  (Read 8775 times)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Adding a pre-made sim to the game
« on: July 23, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »
So, I've made sims and saved them to the bin before, and I have also copied them across to another folder so I have a folder with all the sims I have created so far. My problem is that I have a copy of my simself that I want to put back into the game (this is all in preperation for the ultimate party  ;) ). However for the life of me I can't remember which folder to put my .sim into.

Can anybody help?

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Adding a pre-made sim to the game
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »
For windows its: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/SavedSims. Not sure where it goes for Mac. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
Ah, ok, I figured it out. I've recently re-installed everything and hadn't made any sims yet, so the folder was not there.  Which is why I got really confused about it all. So went into the game, made a random sim and saved to the bin. This caused the game to create the folder so I managed to copy and paste in my backup sims into the folder.

Now, for some reason i've placed a previously made lot into the downloads folder but it's not showing up. Is there something I'm missing?

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »
Downloads folder is where you put downloaded .sims3pack. It's only used by the Launcher, not the game itself.

If your lot is in .sims3pack format, put it in the Downloads folder and use the Launcher to instal it. (Or you can simply double click on the sim3pack and this will call the Launcher)
If it's in .package, I think it goes into the Library folder, then it will show up in the Library in game.

Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

anything