Author Topic: Mobile Version  (Read 1823 times)

Rapturous_

Mobile Version
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:38:56 AM »
Simple. Does this site have a mobile version? It's pretty mobile accesible already, but for mobile users "most devices" won't be able to access the "spellcheck" feature here, or any of the various "tools" above the message box (for instance; the smilies). Not really a big deal as far as just reading the guides here, but for posting on the forum it could be a bit difficult.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Mobile Version
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 04:16:33 AM »
The site does have a mobile version (just put an m. instead of the www. as far as I can tell, if not, your mobile browser should redirect you to the mobile version automatically), and you can use effects like smileys and italics. For the "sad" smiley for example, just type : and ( together. This should make it appear like this: :( even if you posted from the mobile version of the site. For italics, you'll have to use the coding method - [ i]TEXT HERE[ /i] (without the spaces obviously). It will appear as italics on the initial forum, but you won't see the effect on the mobile version.

Hope that was clear enough. Happy simming.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Rapturous_

Re: Mobile Version
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
I tried the "m." and that did not work. I also typed the word "mobile" and still no results. The ":(" works though. Also I changed my text to green, but it isn't noticable mobile (just to test it out.) Assuming it operations like the italics.

Thanks anyway though. I was just curious about it, but like I said everything works fine (without a few installments.)