Author Topic: Toddler Skills & Books  (Read 17552 times)

Rad

Re: Toddler Skills & Books
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 12:52:51 PM »
My toddlers read all the books except the Jimmy Sprocket set (and they sometimes read those if they've read everything else and I'm waiting for a sibling to catch up) at the library: we take our own to the library because then the adult can get on with their own skilling instead of having to read to the child.  They age up once all books have been read, xylophone and logic box have been played with and other skills have been taught.  If your toddler's motives are green they can usually get through all the books in one afternoon at the library, much faster than at home.

I had assumed one of the skill books built cookery and the others art and writing but then my child sims do start at level 4 logic so I guess it probably is logic.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »
Well, reading anything at the library is way better than buying a book and reading it at home for two reasons.
1. You don't have to buy the book, therefore saving money for more important things.
2. You read them WAY faster in the library.
Like someone (Pam I believe) said before in this thread, a toddler can read each book in probably less than an hour sim time. I have also noticed that when my sim is reading a skill book and I make them read it until they level up, they finish way faster than the game says they will, usually be several hours. For example, I drag the action bar thingy to the right until is says "read until level up" or something, and it says that my sim will be done at 9:00 PM when in actuality, they level up at maybe 6:00 PM or even 5:00 PM. It makes such a difference, it's crazy. I love using the library for skills like cooking or logic that for me seem to take forever to level up in the higher levels by cooking or playing chess. If they have a want to reach a certain level in that skill, or they just want to level up, I send them to the library for an easy skill level.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »
Going to the library gives the same benefit for teaching your toddler to walk and talk. One day each, and you're done.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
I forget to feed the fish, and they expect me to be able to take care of a baby?  :D

Lol!  That's too funny.

1. You don't have to buy the book, therefore saving money for more important things.

If you buy the books, you have them for future generations as well so it's not like that money is totally wasted.  I just find it more convenient to do all of that at home, rather than to drag the toddler to the library.  But I never realized that learning skills are faster at the library, mostly because I never send my sims there unless they're dirt poor.

I know that one of the incense burners you get from other countries increases the speed at which you learn skills.  Does anyone know if this helps with the toddler books?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.