Author Topic: Computer Games Too Noisy  (Read 7926 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Computer Games Too Noisy
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when my sims go to play games on the computer the volume is really loud and it just about knocks me out of my seat.  Is there a way in game options to lower the volume for this sound effect without messing up other volume settings?  Would it be the 'ambient noise' slider or is it something else?  It's getting to the point where I want to take computers away from all my sims I just hate this sound effect so much.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Computer Games Too Noisy
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »
I was having the same problem. It was like my speakers got turned wide open when they would play computer games.
I sold my sims computer and bought a new one and so far I haven't had the problem again. Hope that helps you also.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
I had that problem too. I even posted a topic about it. Maybe it got buried... Oh well. Whatever, I got it only when my Sims were using the cheap PC. I got them a laptop and it's gone as of now.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 12:26:16 AM »
Does that apply with stereos as well? It's quite annoying.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:23:36 AM »
Does that apply with stereos as well? It's quite annoying.

No, as far as I know. For me, at least, the music stops when I pause the game. But, if you're having problems, you can always turn on/turn off the music in the Sound Options and see if that helps.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa