Author Topic: Photo collections - Can they all be completed?  (Read 19598 times)

Offline simone23

• Townie
Re: Photo collections - Can they all be completed?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 12:00:42 AM »
Is that bug still active or can you now savely make your photography collection complete?

I'm no longer having any problems with taking photos, but I haven't tried to complete all the collections.  I was disappointed to find that my sim who had transformed into a mummy and then died (three cheers for metal sculpting!) reverted to his normal sim form as a ghost, so I guess I'm going to have to summon a real mummy and kill it to get doubly dead.

Leto85

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 02:14:15 AM »
I'm no longer having any problems with taking photos, but I haven't tried to complete all the collections.  I was disappointed to find that my sim who had transformed into a mummy and then died (three cheers for metal sculpting!) reverted to his normal sim form as a ghost, so I guess I'm going to have to summon a real mummy and kill it to get doubly dead.

Well, that depends: if it walks like a mummy, and if it talks like a mummy...
Maybe there is still hope. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 04:03:21 AM »
Alas and alack... there are still major glitches with photography.  I have not been able to complete many of the collections.  The glitches are really too many to enumerate, so here are the most annoying for me.

The previously-able-to-be-completed collection of Architecture and Buildings is now glitched. The Nectary in Champes Les Sim says it is a hotspot, not a Nectary.  Variable between Sims but the Sim trying to max photography always gets the wrong citation on the photograph!  >:(  The Collectables collection has gone from bad to worse.  Sometimes the Canopic Jars collection will photograph but most time not.  Similarly, the China Statue Set.  The Dropa Stones collection is still out of action. 

With respect to the other easy ones, Home Sweet Home is sometimes glitchy, as is Travel. Plants and Flowers used to be another certainty but sometimes the red rose, white rose and sunflower just won't register (no matter where you point the camera).

I have found the Around Town and Still Life are the only ones that I can complete with relative certainty and that's because I always have one family member get to level 5 in Law Enforcement to I can get my own Police Car. 

Forget photography if you're trying to supermax for a dynasty.

BTW: I can take photographs for most opportunities except some of those photo ops in France are a bit glitchy.  Egyptian photo ops are no problem. (Trying to remember to leave a floor trap or rubble pile in tact is sometimes an issue so I photograph them before I disarm them or clear them).  I have found that I can't stock pile photographs required for the Egyptian photo ops.  If I have have two photographs of any one object, neither will register for the photo op.  I have to delete both and go and get another.

Hope this helps
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 12:14:33 AM »
Also, I would like to add this. I completed 2 different photo collections and the photograph skill in the shutternut sentence shows that I have completed 2.

But when I decided to travel to Egypt for the 2nd time for my Sim, the sentence which says "Complete 5 different photo collections and taking pictures will be free of charge (0 completed so far)" shows 0.

This bug is just ruining my experience with the game. I hope EA fixes this.

:'(

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
Now that Supernatural is out, has anybody tried using Age of an Instant on an Elder in China/France/Egypt?  It's an instant kill at home if you throw it at an elder, wonder if it would work in Adventures?