Author Topic: Photo collections - Can they all be completed?  (Read 19608 times)

Leto85

Re: Photo collections - Can they all be completed?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 06:03:57 PM »
This came up in my mind and I am surprised I (or anybody else) didn't thought about it: you can defeat a mummy and THAN take a picture. When the mummy returnes to dust. I assume that will count as dying in a foreign country?
Also, sims can die in tombs. You should try that.

Frey

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
It's been a long time since I last defeated a mummy... do they actually die when they lose a fight?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »
They turn into ashes... I suppose they die this way, yeah.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Frey

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »
Cool  ;D I'm joining Leto in breeding hybrid sims so I will get to experiment with some mummies now. I'll try to take a picture of them dying this way... well, if I get my photography to work again.

Leto85

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
Oh, but Frey, I'm not really sure if this will work that way. I'm almost sure it won't. Cause this only work with mummies 'in the wild', those who you have to defeat to win a pyramid, you know?

Frey

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
Yeah, I know... but I didn't want to cheat to get a sarcophagus with buydebug so I made an adventurous sim to get it by tomb raiding, and also de canopic jars. She's got a high level in both athletics and martial arts so I hope she will defeat them  ;D.

Leto85

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 05:57:22 AM »
Yeah, I know... but I didn't want to cheat to get a sarcophagus with buydebug so I made an adventurous sim to get it by tomb raiding, and also de canopic jars. She's got a high level in both athletics and martial arts so I hope she will defeat them  ;D.

She probably will. Normally mummies out there are not THAT strong.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 04:34:07 AM »
You could have a sim do something dangerous, like tinker with the fireplace? Last time my sim just got really singed, but presuming the fire brigade doesn't come to put them out... or if you have long enough, you could starve them to death? starving would probably count as deliberate for challenges, but tinkering could be 'accidental', or fixing something electrical at a really low handy level (correct me if I'm wrong, I wouldn't mind if some of my useless spares had 'accidents'). Part of a aaroc's legacy challenge for sims 2 involved getting photos of all the different coloured ghosts, so I've had some experience in this area - much to my disdain - I like most of my simmies and am quite sad when they finally die :(

Leto85

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »
After a few more updates now (I assume we got updates :P), can all the Photography challenges now be completed?

imaGleek

Photography Problem
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
Ok, so I have my photographer sim who recently turned into a vampire, and whenever she trys to take a picture she just freezes up and gets stuck with the action in her queue, and the picture doesn't show up in the camera.

I know I just have to use resetsim to fix her, but I was wondering if anyone else succeeded in having a vampire take photographs.

Sportsfan

Re: Photography Problem
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
Do you have any opportunities?

imaGleek

Re: Photography Problem
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »
Do you have any opportunities?

Well she has a celebrity one where she has to eat at the bistro, but I don't she how that would effect anything.

Sportsfan

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
There is a serious bug for photography where they can't take a picture if they have an opportunity.

imaGleek

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
There is a serious bug for photography where they can't take a picture if they have an opportunity.

Oh, haha well I look pretty stupid now.

I probabbly should have read this thread first.

Leto85

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »

Is that bug still active or can you now savely make your photography collection complete?