Author Topic: Photo collections - Can they all be completed?  (Read 19607 times)

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
Re: Photo collections - Can they all be completed?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
In Sunset Valley, I can't get a photo of the Sports Stadium for the Architecture and Buildings Collection. It keeps coming up as 'Places in Town.'

Is that a bug, or am I supposed to be shooting something else?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 03:26:54 PM »
I also couldn't get that pic to register when my Sim was right in front of the stadium.
Try taking a picture of the left side of the building, worked for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
I also couldn't get that pic to register when my Sim was right in front of the stadium.
Try taking a picture of the left side of the building, worked for me.

Ok, thank you.  It was very frustrating, as I was trying to complete a collection.

Frey

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 01:51:33 AM »
My photography skill is really unstable. One day it can work perfectly and all Generations bug disappear, and the next day when I open the game it's completely ruined. Resetsim sometimes works, others not. Today it's been one of those lucky days, I'm knocking wood for it to stay so. But my game doesn't freeze when the bug hits... it just won't label any picture, no matter what I do. Oh, and sometimes the action of taking a picture doubles itself without me ordering it too... like, my sim takes a picture, finishes the action and then it appears again, and the sim gets stuck, but that happens before she takes the picture, not after, like most people say.

To answer the original question, no. Flat out.
Even if you're lucky enough to have Generations and the patch and not have the major bug, like me (touch wood), Home Decor is impossible to get.

I got it a few minutes ago, but took me forever to do it. I got lucky trying to photograph something else when I saw the label and took the pic. But the one I can't capture is the spa (in Riverview). I've tried from every possible side, location, angle, size, filter and every other option available. ResetSim, Closing the game... nothing works.

The new 1.24 patch seem to have fixed it, maybe you could give it a try

Really? in the other post they are saying it didn't. Did you install the patch yourself and it is working? I want to know because I haven't installed it yet  ;D I had major issues with the latest one, so I want to be sure it's not a deadly patch again before I download it. Well, the launcher won't let me do it anyway, but I mean, for when they fix that bug.

Anyways... I wanted to ask this and thought this thread was right for it: How on seven hells do you capture the Death in Vacation (or something like that... my game is in spanish hehe) picture? I've tried everything, even trying to cheat and kill a townie but the game doesn't allow it, it says "this sim doesn't age up" when I shift-click on them.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 03:21:28 AM »
But the one I can't capture is the spa (in Riverview). I've tried from every possible side, location, angle, size, filter and every other option available. ResetSim, Closing the game... nothing works.

I found that the Riverview spa doesn't work, neither does the diner from Twinbrook. I had been editing my Sunset Valley lots and used those buildings and I couldn't photograph them.
You can fix it in Edit Town. What I did was: pick an empty lot and change it to a community lot, put down the spa and diner from Sunset Valley in Build mode and have my Sim take a pic of those. After you have your photos you can just bulldoze the lot so it doesn't make your town look weird.

How on seven hells do you capture the Death in Vacation (or something like that... my game is in spanish hehe) picture? I've tried everything, even trying to cheat and kill a townie but the game doesn't allow it, it says "this sim doesn't age up" when I shift-click on them.

I haven't gotten around to this one yet but I was planning to have my photographer Sim bring another Sim on vacation with him. I'm going to make one in CAS for this purpose, call him Red Shirt or something (heh), bring him on vacation and then bump him off.
Also I think you can age up a mummy; you should be able to get Doubly Dead that way too. ;)

Frey

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »
You can fix it in Edit Town. What I did was: pick an empty lot and change it to a community lot, put down the spa and diner from Sunset Valley in Build mode and have my Sim take a pic of those. After you have your photos you can just bulldoze the lot so it doesn't make your town look weird.

Great! I'll do that  ;D.

I haven't gotten around to this one yet but I was planning to have my photographer Sim bring another Sim on vacation with him. I'm going to make one in CAS for this purpose, call him Red Shirt or something (heh), bring him on vacation and then bump him off.
Also I think you can age up a mummy; you should be able to get Doubly Dead that way too. ;)

Yeah, already tried that. Took the mother with her, who was an elder about to die, and I thought I would make her age up in China so thast she would die there. Turns out  the game doesn't allow you to age up your sims while travelling, and neither can you age up a townie to do so. The thing is... I've never, ever, seen a townie sim die in any of the world adventures locations. I don't pay too much attention anyway as my sims are always raiding tombs, but... do they even die? I mean, can you just wait for it to happen and pray that you will be lucky enough to be there? My books seller in China for example, he is always starving, like screaming and touching his belly and everything, but he never starves to death.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »
Turns out the game doesn't allow you to age up your sims while travelling

Well, that's annoying. I knew it was impossible with the locals but I thought you could bump off your own Sims. And I don't think the locals can die while you're there, I think it goes with not being able to age them.

Well, maybe you can start a fire with a cheap stove or fireworks. Or have a Sim tinker with electrical equipment.

Or there's mummies. I know it has been possible to age up a mummy in foreign locations but I don't know if any patches has changed that. Or you could make your own mummy, bring it on vacation and make it walk through a firetrap.

Eh, this will be more trouble than I thought.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 05:17:15 PM »
Yeah, I think that one and the Doubly Dead pictures are the hardest ones. Well, that and three is a crowd... which sounds really easy but my game keeps labelling the pictures as three of my friends instead of three is a crowd, or it just doesn't label anything. Today is one of those days when photography works terribly lol. I haven't been able to capture Shower in a can either.

I think you could take a mummy with you on vacation and make it cook with no cooking skills on a cheap oven, or just put the mummy to repair some stuff at your own vacations home. But that requires a lot of work... I mean, unless you like cheating, you need to find the canopic jars, complete the sarcophagus, get the mummy, reach level 3 of visa somewhere and then buy a house. Getting that picture won't be easy, that's for sure.

By the way... what is "Photo of the photographer" supposed to be? A photo of another sim taking a photo? I tried capturing my sim in the mirror while she was taking her own picture but that doesn't work  ;D.

Leto85

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »
By the way... what is "Photo of the photographer" supposed to be? A photo of another sim taking a photo? I tried capturing my sim in the mirror while she was taking her own picture but that doesn't work  ;D.

Letting two sims in your household taking a picture of each other should work. Right at the same time that is. Did you tried that already?

Frey

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 05:47:59 PM »
Nope, I need to get a second camera first. Just wanted to check that it was worth the time getting one. Thanks! (goes take that picture  ;D)

Leto85

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
Nope, I need to get a second camera first. Just wanted to check that it was worth the time getting one. Thanks! (goes take that picture  ;D)

And off you go. Very good. :)
Let us know if it worked for you. Prevents me from further speculation.

Frey

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
Sadly my photography got screwed now. And badly. I mean, it's the same bug everyone is having but now I can't get rid of it. I've tried resetsim, reloding the game, cancelling all opportunities, even changing neighborhood but it doesn't work. I created a new file to experiment on other stuff (like mummies and simbots and vampires  ;D) while someone finds a way to fix this or EA decides to fix it through a patch.

The bad thing is... now my traveling got screwed as well so I can't get my mummy without cheating. Shame on you, EA!  >:(

Frey

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »
Hey @PJSim, I think I got the answer for the Death on Vacation one.

I was cheating in France to get my sim make friends there and I shift-clicked on the adventures board with testingcheats on, and if you click on "Force visitor..." and then "Force NPC..." there's an option to make the Reaper come visit you  ;D I have no idea if the game will label the photo as Death on Vacation, since there wouldn't be any sim dying, but you should at least try.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
That's a good tip, I'll try that. It never occurred to me to shift-click on the adventure board. :D

Frey

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »
Yeah, I realised that during a visit to China when my sim maxed his martial arts skill, and then I went to the adventures board and got the option to get the mail because is certificate had arrived there  ;D It actually works like the mailbox at home.

Good luck with trying that... I abandoned photography for some time, until someone tells me how to fix my bugged photographer for good  ::)