Author Topic: Naps Instead of Sleep  (Read 10814 times)

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
Naps Instead of Sleep
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
Some of my sims nap on their bed instead of sleeping automatically, so I have to force them. Any tips?

Sportsfan

Re: Naps Instead of Sleep
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:13:01 PM »
I just tell them to sleep on the bed. I don't know if they will by themselves.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:48:26 AM »
I noticed that in BBIII. My sims napped. I assume it's a Generations bug.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:37:58 PM »
My Sims tend to nap when they are on Free Will, I think it is because they are not tired but have nothing else they need or want to do and it is the lowest need so they just work on that. It does anoy me when I see them heading for their Beds and assume they will sleep but they just Nap and I only realise when the Bus/Car arrives.   :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:11:59 PM »
It's been there since the start, at least for me. You just have to cancel the popped-up interaction and direct them to sleep manually.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Deluded Genius

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:59:51 PM »
I only notice them doing this in the daytime. If it's evening they go to sleep normally.

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 06:04:46 PM »
Hmm, they sometimes do, they mostly don't in my game actually. Try letting them be tired at times they don't have to be awake in another 5 hours to be at work in time, if that's the issue. Perhaps that will relieves the sims mind to take a good sleep instead of a nap.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »
I actually only notice this when Ctrl+Clicking on a moodlet to automatically add the action to cure it into my queue.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 04:07:57 AM »
For me, it seems that they have to be very tired to sleep over napping.  If they're only just starting to be tired, they tend to nap.  Either give the command to sleep to start with or cancel the nap if they do it on their own and then give the sleep command.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »
For me, it seems that they have to be very tired to sleep over napping.  If they're only just starting to be tired, they tend to nap.  Either give the command to sleep to start with or cancel the nap if they do it on their own and then give the sleep command.

I'm starting to recognize this too actually. And it seems that sims are responding to 'normal time'. I mean, they will go to bed around 11:00 PM, but it depends on the energy they have left what they will do in that bed.
I mean, if they are really tired they will go to sleep. But if they not, a nap is good enough for them. Their opinion, not mine.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »

Not me. My BBIII mother was exhausted and napped.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 09:31:16 PM »
Not me. My BBIII mother was exhausted and napped.

That's what's happening to me.

I noticed that in BBIII. My sims napped. I assume it's a Generations bug.

I had it since LN, I think. I don't quite remember. I noticed it's only certain sims, though.

Sportsfan

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 10:01:58 PM »
It depends on traits too. Heavy sleepers are more likely to sleep.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »
For me they always sleep even if they're energy is hight, usually before work 3/2 hours when they have nothing to do... but I guess it is just my game, I never had any of those "bugs" you guys have
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 11:59:35 AM »
My Sims tend to nap when they are on Free Will, I think it is because they are not tired but have nothing else they need or want to do and it is the lowest need so they just work on that.
Mine do the same thing. It's almost like they are bored and can't "think" of anything else to do. I also find it very annoying when they just go to bed for a nap in the middle of the day. Give me a break, go find some seeds and gems or something, anything. I don't get to nap in the middle of the afternoon. Why should they  ::)