Author Topic: Sim can not 'click' on another sim  (Read 5540 times)

Leto85

Sim can not 'click' on another sim
« on: July 18, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
I prevented a bug by leaving without saving where I needed my sim to interact with another sim. He couldn't click on another sim to perform interacting and I'm afraid this will happen again.
I had to delete his father from existence already because he became so bugged up he wasn't even selectable. It was the only way to save the family.
If anyone knows a way to prevent this, please let me know.

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Sim can not 'click' on another sim
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
Maybe it`s the save file? Put the family in the library, delete the save, move them into a new save file.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »
Maybe it`s the save file? Put the family in the library, delete the save, move them into a new save file.

I know that could help, but that will delete my whole family tree and I need this save file to get track the sim weeks. It's the one where Supersim will be born in the future.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
Just write it down on paper or in a word doc.

Also a small off topic FYI, if you add the IF hidden trait to the family gene pool then they can`t become vamps or mummies.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:51 PM »
I have a Sim in my Dynasty game file that can't interact with other Sims. Weird part: there are only 2 Sims in the town that he can't interact with, his wife and some random townie (he's a stylist so he's met almost everyone). His wife can still interact with him but this random townie never gets the makeovers he requests, poor guy.

I read a tip somewhere (can't remember) that deleting your cache files should "reset" the Sim for the next playing session but it has never worked for me. Good thing my guy is a spare and will die, I can't imagine if it was one of my Immortals!

Sorry I don't have actual helpful information, Leto, I'm kind of ignoring my Sim's problem because he's temporary.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 11:56:47 PM »
I had the exact same problem. What I did was copy the entire family with house to the library, not move them out. Once I had a copy in my library, I deleted the original family and house to just an empty lot. Then, I took the freshly copied family (with house) and placed them on the freshly demolished lot. Family tree was still intact, so were careers, and so was individual sim inventory AND family inventory. The only things that weren't safely copied were relationships with people outside the house and paintings in the house that were painted by sims.

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 04:11:16 AM »
At MoonsAreBlue: You have copied the whole family all by one, including the house? I've always tried this by copying first the family and than the house, which resulted in a broken family tree, unfortuniatly. And I want to prevent that at all cost.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »
You don't need to save the house and family separately. What I did, step-by-step, was go to the Edit Town screen and I clicked on the family. I then clicked the Copy to Library button and then clicked the option to copy them with the house. Once they were safely in the library, I deleted the bugged family and house. Then I placed the copy back onto the same empty lot. As I said, the family tree stayed intact. Maybe you could try placing the library copy on a different lot and double check on the family tree. Everyone in the family worked just fine afterwards.

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »
My family tree got broken down and only sun, mother and grandfather where there. That's really bugged because my newest sim is actually the 10th generation. And me, being a proud dad on my virtual simmies don't like bugged familie trees.
Somehow switching between both save files my game is working again. I've put the family a few times out and back in the house and that will make things work for a little while.
My sim has just given birth to generation 10. Let's hope it won't get bugged up again.

I still don't understand why you could fix this problem, altough of course I'm happy for you. :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »
Well, isn't that just bizarre. I'm sorry I couldn't help. I also don't know why it worked for me then. I know I was surprised when the family I had had an unbroken family tree. It even kept a dead family member listed as the father. I've since deleted the file (it was a failed challenge), but I'll see if I can do it again with a different save file.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 06:17:12 PM »
Oh but counting a dead family member as the father is pretty normal. I mean, even when the father died he will still be in the family tree, recognized as the father but his portrait will be in ghost style.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »
Well, yes, but I'm talking about the family that I replaced because of this problem. I was already surprised by the intact family tree, and I was secondly surprised that the father hadn't been lost in it because he was dead.

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 04:46:49 AM »
Ah, but perhaps the family tree still was intact in your game, but the fact in your family tree the father got mentioned doesn't unfortuniatly mean it is the 'newly added' father, if I describe that correctly.
Or did I misunderstood you?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »
I had this in my Legacy Game, I just evicted the Household then put them back in and they could get the Interaction Pie Menu up again. Their Family Tree stayed intact as well.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »
I had this in my Legacy Game, I just evicted the Household then put them back in and they could get the Interaction Pie Menu up again. Their Family Tree stayed intact as well.

Than you are one lucky samoht-guy because for me that didn't work. Backup your game though, just to be sure. ;)