Author Topic: Favorite Stereo Station?  (Read 9031 times)

Offline misha

• Nooboo
  • catastrophe and the cure
Favorite Stereo Station?
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:35:20 AM »
I turn on the stereos all the time whenever my Sims aren't asleep! It's an excellent free mood boost and the stations aren't all that bad to listen to. Lately I've gotten tired of the Indie & Pop stations, so I made my own Smiths playlist and put it in the Custom Music folder to play my own music. The downside is that it's not in Simlish and not selectable as a favorite station. But anyway, as the title asks, which station is your personal favorite? Mine has got to be the Indie station for sure. I love hearing OK Go & Neon Trees in Simlish. I think it's really cool how EA was able to incorporate some of these tracks in the game.  ;D

P.S: Sorry if this is a duplicate -- I checked by using the search function, but I may have missed a similar thread.  :-X

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Favorite Stereo Station?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:39:42 AM »
I love the Pop and Indie ones myself, Electronica is awesome too. But I'll go with Pop. However, it sometimes depends on the listening Sim's taste in music. If they love Roots or Latin, I'll let them listen to it to get a higher mood boost. But that usually happens when the music is turned off, anyways. :P
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:03:12 AM »
The downside is that it's ... not selectable as a favorite station.

Yes it is. ???

My Sims always have custom music as their favorite or I would go nuts.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »
In real life or in Sim Life? Because Hip Hop is my favorite music station in real life.

I get an LOL of the custom music station, by waking Gunther up to Justin Bieber. He doesn't appreciate Justin Bieber I guess, but neither do I.  :D

What EP is rockabilly on?

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »
I don't know. I would put that as my favorite but I've never heard it in the game.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »

It's from Fast Lane Stuff (SP2) but I doubt whether it was added in the patch that was released simultaneously.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline misha

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
I love the Pop and Indie ones myself, Electronica is awesome too. But I'll go with Pop. However, it sometimes depends on the listening Sim's taste in music. If they love Roots or Latin, I'll let them listen to it to get a higher mood boost. But that usually happens when the music is turned off, anyways. :P

Yes, I agree! Electronica has some pretty nice tracks. Sometimes I can't deal with my sims' tastes. I knew I had to stop listening to the kids station when I was starting to hum to it. LOL. I usually use the LTR to change all of my active sims taste to be the same station. Thankfully it's only 5k.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
My sims always seem to choose to work out to Electronica.  They turn the stereo off when they're through, so I turn it back on whenever I notice it's off and can't be bothered to change the channel.  Sometimes I will if there's just one person home; I'll pick their favorite.  I do also like Indie, Latin and especially Soul.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:30:24 AM »
My sim always turns it on (and I mean ALWAYS) to Electronica.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:32:53 AM »
The default station is always electronica, easy enough to sort. My favourite sims music station is indie although I do miss the metal one from TS2.

Offline FrostFlower

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 01:59:28 AM »
I don't particularly care for most of them, although there's some individual songs on a few of them I like. The one I like the most is the classical station, though I do wish it had a few more songs on it. I didn't realize until recently that you could put your own music on the custom station. One of these days I'm going to have to try to figure out how to do that.

Offline misha

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 02:20:27 AM »
I don't particularly care for most of them, although there's some individual songs on a few of them I like. The one I like the most is the classical station, though I do wish it had a few more songs on it. I didn't realize until recently that you could put your own music on the custom station. One of these days I'm going to have to try to figure out how to do that.

It's quite simple! Follow this path: Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 -> Custom Music. Then place the mp3s that you wish to hear in the station in that folder, and it'll play the next time you start up The Sims and choose the Custom Music station. Personally, I made a The Smiths playlist to listen to like I mentioned in my opening post. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 03:26:38 AM »
My favourite is Electronica. Especially the Theme Remix. I'm going to listen to it now. I also (apparantly) like French.

Offline Peregrine_Falcon

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »
Personally I got tired of the music always being on and just turned music off in game options. The Sims still get their positive moodlets and I no longer get my negative one.

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Kėėtrėh
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
Custom. I can't stand anything but my music.

The default station is always electronica, easy enough to sort. My favourite sims music station is indie although I do miss the metal one from TS2.

A shame EA knows nothing about metal... I mean, Chiodos? What the hell?