Author Topic: The Disney Princess Immortal Dynasty: Ch. 29  (Read 86445 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Disney Princess Immortal Dynasty: Ch. 8
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2011, 07:40:44 PM »
It's not random when you select to have the child's birthday through the parent or another sim. At least it hasn't been in my experience.
It's always been random for me, no matter which sim I use to click on the cake.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2011, 06:30:09 AM »
In my experience, the parent with the better relationship to the child has taken them to the birthday cake.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »
In my experience, it's not random at all - it's the sim with the highest relationship with each child. I've had babies and toddlers taken to the cake by a grandparent, even.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »
In my experience, it's not random at all - it's the sim with the highest relationship with each child. I've had babies and toddlers taken to the cake by a grandparent, even.
In my experience, the parent with the better relationship to the child has taken them to the birthday cake.

Ok, I think you two might be right. The triplets just had their child birthday and Aurora took one of them to the cake. I guess it just never occurred to me, because I always happened to have the highest relationship relative do the selection anyways. Still shows, you learn something new every day!

PS. I just noticed this story has over 1000 hits! Thank you everybody for following my dynasty. I've had lots of fun playing and writing it. ;D

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
Ch. 9 Not Another Birthday!

Phew. These toddlers sure have been a learning experience! And what have I learned? Never ever have triplets again. It's just so much work! That and my tiny nursery is definitely not set up for fluent pathing of three adults all trying to get to the three toddlers all at the same time. But, the girls' child birthday is finally here. Yay! Oh, and it's also Kristopher's Adult birthday. So yeah, I made sure the party started at like... 5pm? Oops. :-\

First up is Cinderella!

Next is Drusilla.

Followed by Anastasia. So it turns out that the household member with the highest relationship with the child takes him/her to the cake. Aurora taught Anastasia all of her skills, so they had the highest relationship come birthday time. Pardon Aurora's swimsuit. She was busy playing in the sprinklers just before this shot.

Annnd here's Kristopher!

I am so glad that's over! The day after the birthdays, Belle, Kristopher, and Cinderella take a short trip to France. For some reason, I can only take photographs while on vacation, so from now on, I'm going to take a short trip for everyone's Child, Teen, YA, Adult, and Elder photographs. Plus, everyone can skill while they're on vacay, too. Cinderella is going to be the family painter, but Kristopher will do it until Cinderella saves up for the Extra Creative LTR. He manages to get masterpieces for both Cinderella and Belle.

Upon returning home, Kristopher goes and gets a job in Athletics. His lifetime wish is to Become a Superstar Athlete. I figure he should probably get started on that soon, seeing as he's just had his Adult birthday.

Cinderella works on her grades. She wants to get an A early so she can spend her free time painting and avoiding her sisters.

The reason why Cinderella wants to avoid her sisters is because they are both Evil, Grumpy, and Mean-Spirited! Drusilla takes great joy in arguing with this boy, Jamin Shallow. Apparently it's all his fault that the world isn't really sitting on a stand in space.

Drusilla even takes greater joy in scaring Cinderella.

Cinderella is embarrassed, and Drusilla just looks so innocent.

Anastasia is also terrible. She entertains herself by destroying anything and everything that is built in the sandbox.

She declares Cinderella her nemesis, and they fight on the home playground.

Belle seems ignorant of Cinderella's plight and punishes both Anastasia and Cinderella equally.

At least Cinderella has painting...

Next time... well, it's a surprise. (Because I don't know what's next either!)

VampirePlasma

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2011, 02:05:58 PM »
Yay! Thank you for another wonderful update!  ;D Oy those sisters sure are mean. Ciderella is beautiful, I know she'll turn out to be great!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »
Yay! Thank you for another wonderful update!  ;D Oy those sisters sure are mean. Ciderella is beautiful, I know she'll turn out to be great!

And thank you for reading! I'm really happy with how pretty all the girls are. I'm even happier that they all have Jon's nose! It's good to see his genetics now that he's gone. :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
Poor Cinderella... I would avoid them too. I can't wait for more!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: The Disney Princess Immortal Dynasty: Ch. 9
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2011, 08:57:10 PM »
Poor Cinderella... I would avoid them too. I can't wait for more!

Thanks for the comment, Ann!

Ch. 9: Let's Slow it Down a Bit

Another birthday! I skipped the pictures of the actual cakes and parties, simply because I'm a little sick of them, but I have pictures of the girls' makeovers. Cinderella:

Drusilla:

Anastasia:

So now that everyone is basically grown up, I can queue up a bunch of stuff and relax a little. Belle has almost all of her Ambrosia requirements. She's just a couple thousand simoleans away from level 10 of her Sculpting Career and has to make two more best friends. I'm going to have to take Cinderella and Kristopher, at least, on a small vacation to get her teen photograph. Oh, and originally I was going to make Anastasia and Drusilla be good friends who gang up on Cinderella all the time... but it's really hard to make two Evil, Mean-Spirited, Grumpy, and Childish sims like each other.

Anastasia still really likes to fight with Cinderella, though.

But Belle breaks it up while gracing us in her nightwear.

Cinderella and Anastasia seem to have one thing in common. They don't like standing in the corner.

However, they really hate each other.

In the meantime, I decided for Anastasia and Drusilla to study handiness. Someone needs to start upgrading these appliances.

Also, I built a small pool area and bought a hot tub for the family. The graphics got messed up when I was placing the hot tub, though. This isn't the exact shape of the pool.

Kristopher is enjoying it. It's a great relaxer from his Athletic Career.

And Jon made his first appearance! Actually, he hasn't left for about 8 days...

(By the way, I needed more room for my museum, so this is where his urn is currently. I'll show you what the basement looks like later.)

Well, that's it for now. Sorry for the lack of content. It's just skilling time in this household. I have something exciting set up for the next update, though! As long as everything goes right, that is. ;)

Next Chapter

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
Yay for exciting updates! That's a wonderful way to display his urn. Why is it all sparkly in the picture? Is it the urn or Jon, on what?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »
Yay for exciting updates! That's a wonderful way to display his urn. Why is it all sparkly in the picture? Is it the urn or Jon, on what?

It's Jon. He walked in front of his ice sculpture to pick up his guitar then he wandered to where he's standing now. The sparkles just kind of hover wherever a ghost goes for a few seconds. The display stand came with Town Life and I thought it would be great to hold an urn.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
Thank you for the update I loved it!  ;D

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2011, 03:04:23 PM »
Thank you for the update I loved it!  ;D

Thanks! The updates are going to be coming slower now, because this save file is getting so big already and Drusilla and Anastasia keep causing havoc everywhere they go. It's hard to get the pictures I want lol.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »
Thanks! The updates are going to be coming slower now, because this save file is getting so big already

I second that -- my load/save times are horrible, so I know the feeling.

and Drusilla and Anastasia keep causing havoc everywhere they go. It's hard to get the pictures I want lol.

*giggle*  I don't know if this was intentional, but I keep thinking of Anastasia from the animated movie, so that just made me laugh.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »
I second that -- my load/save times are horrible, so I know the feeling.

*giggle*  I don't know if this was intentional, but I keep thinking of Anastasia from the animated movie, so that just made me laugh.

Yeah, I'm only on the third generation, so I can't imagine what it'll be like towards the end. And Anastasia wasn't exactly intentional. Anastasia and Drusilla are the names of Cinderella's evil step-sisters in the Cinderella movie. I wasn't actually going for the Anastasia from the Anastasia movie, if that makes any sense. :-\

anything