Author Topic: Short and Simple Challenges  (Read 24317 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Short and Simple Challenges
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:05:57 AM »
Hey everyone :)

I've decided to do the Clone challenge which lets you explore the game in a whole new way with little rules. I want to share my story and progress here, as usual. I'd love to do Metro's challenges, but y'all know that sharing the progress in those is forbidden. So, I'm looking for family-friendly (no black widow challenges please), short (like Metro's minor challenges), and simple (no huge rulesets please, too) challenges on other websites. Oh, and also please no multi-generational challenges. Can anyone recommend some? Thanks in advance.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Short and Simple Challenges
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »
I`ve got one for you! You put your left foot in and put your right foot out and then you shake it all about... Oh wait, that`s how you do the hokey pokey, not a challenge (or is it?). My mistake! ;) On a more serious note, why don`t you try the orphanage challenge? It`s here on this forum and it isn`t too difficult. It isn`t by Leto.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »
I mean not by Metro! For some reason I get those two confused. ::)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:03:13 AM »
I've been desperately attempting to slim down the rules for Pinstar's Apocalypse challenge, but in attempting to keep with the spirit of the challenge I still end up with an encyclopedia for a rule set.  :(

Also, just a friendly reminder to anyone who responds:  Be careful of the sites you link to in regards to challenges.  Many of the challenges I've seen elsewhere discuss mods or are posted on sites that host them.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 12:18:45 PM »
Well I have my Project, it only lasts till the Fifth Generation is born. Although it is probably a medium lengh challenge. It's here.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »
If you haven't already, you should rummage through the Graveyard. (Okay, that sounds wrong.)

Many of the early challenges posted here were single-generation and quite simple. I even did a few and I usually have no patience for challenges.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
Guys, do you think I have not looked at your projects or the Graveyard? :P It's just about twenty clones I am aiming for, and, well... I need more. Thomas, just so you know, clone #4 is doing the Reincarnation project, whilst clone #6 is hoping to do a mini-Orphanage project (4 weeks max), in addition to clone #8 doing the Strangers In a Sim Land. Some clones are prepping for doing finished challenges. However, it doesn't sum up to the required twenty. Guys, any help is appreciated, but please, as Hosfac said, don't link to sites that link to mod sites in this thread. If you really want to help, you can always PM me the link. Thanks! :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »
Hi, Chronic,

I just looked at the Clone Challenge, and it does look like an interesting way to explore the game.

While I'm glad you're trying Strangers in a Sim Land, you'll need 3 Sims to start, although I suppose you could give your clones different clothes and keep track of them that way. Also it goes for 3 generations.

I've been working on a challenge that involves the Stylist and Architectural Designer professions. It's in the Proposed Challenges thread, fairly recent.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:40:44 AM »
Hmm, thanks Marian. I haven't considered that all my skins are CC default replacements (shame). I'll take a look, thanks.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
If that's the reason you don't do challenges here, allow me to put your minds at ease:  3rd party CC is acceptable to use in challenge games (at your own risk).  Mods that change some aspect of game play are what's banned.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »
If that's the reason you don't do challenges here, allow me to put your minds at ease:  3rd party CC is acceptable to use in challenge games (at your own risk).  Mods that change some aspect of game play are what's banned.

Not at all, I am participating in the 2011 tournament. :P It's just that Marian's project requires the use of green, red and blue skin tones, which I apparently no longer have access to (unless I remove the CC, but that's not happening since my legacy founder and her spouse are CC-skinned vampires).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
I didn't know that. You could try strange ears, really unusual hair colors (although you see every color today, not just in Sims but on the street). But if you're doing clones, all 3 will look alike, or are they just clones in personality?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 02:36:42 PM »
I didn't know that. You could try strange ears, really unusual hair colors (although you see every color today, not just in Sims but on the street). But if you're doing clones, all 3 will look alike, or are they just clones in personality?

I believe all the clones should have the same personality, but they can look different.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
You could use a T-Shirt and place a Pattern that you change one part to a different colour for it?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
You could use a T-Shirt and place a Pattern that you change one part to a different colour for it?

Well, the case is, Strangers In a Sim Land is based on genetics, and, well, that wouldn't work. :-\