Author Topic: Moving In-resolved  (Read 2754 times)

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
Moving In-resolved
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:48:10 AM »
I'm curious what the parameters are for this. I never seem to be able to get the option to come up and when I have (rarely) I don't remember what I did.

The (short) story; Two Sims, engaged (I'm thinking that the only way, once at this step, is to get married, but that wouldn't grant the LTW). I've been to her place. She's been to my Sim's place. They've been out in a group, on a date, at a party...nothing I do will get the interaction to show up. I've looked in both, "Romantic" & "Friendly" options through cold, up to extremely irresistible attractions.

So, are there "rules" so to speak in order to get the interaction to show? Thanks.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Moving In
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 07:33:22 AM »
You need to ask them to move in before your romantically involved. You need to be Good Friends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:27:35 AM »
You can ask someone you're romantically involved with to move in.  It's under "Friendly" interactions.  To get the interaction to appear you have to be friends with them, and you need to converse with them to the point to where they think your sim is being friendly.  Make sure the other sim is in a good mood, or there's a chance that they'll say no.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:35:05 AM »
I know when I first started trying to get this option, I kept doing the romantic interactions and then a couple of friendly interactions and it seemed it would just not show up.  If you have been doing romantic interactions, you have to switch to friendly interactions and usually about 4 or 5, chat, joke, etc. interactions will prompt the "move in" interaction.  Works every time.  Good luck.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »
I had the same issue in my last game, and I figured it was due to the fact that she use a "flirtatious greet". There was no way I was able to ask for him to move-in.

On a different note, in another game when she did ask Matthew Hamming to move in (Good friends) he said "No". She was crushed and their friendship dropped.

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
Re: Moving In-resolved
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »
Thanks all. My logic differs from EA's, apparently. "Compliment Appearance" shows up in both "friendly" & "romantic", why not "move in"...should be no problem. :)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
On a different note, in another game when she did ask Matthew Hamming to move in (Good friends) he said "No". She was crushed and their friendship dropped.

That's because Matthew Hamming has Commitment Issues...even more so than most sims with that trait for some reason.  He's hard to sell on pretty much anything lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Moving In-resolved
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
Thanks all. My logic differs from EA's, apparently. "Compliment Appearance" shows up in both "friendly" & "romantic", why not "move in"...should be no problem. :)

Compliment Appearance is a romantic interaction and I think in friendly, it just says compliment.  I got confused by that too, until I tried them both out. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?