Author Topic: New High-end-loft-stuff and version 3.0.38  (Read 26687 times)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: New High-end-loft-stuff and version 3.0.38
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2010, 06:08:37 AM »
I'm not so much into stuff packs, so I won't buy it, but here in Sweden it's 200 crowns, which correspond to less than 30$.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
This is my first experience with anything Sims, so I plan to buy EVERYTHING!!!  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2010, 07:15:24 AM »
This is my first experience with anything Sims, so I plan to buy EVERYTHING!!!  ;D
That's the spirit Pam:) I hope you have a big shelf!I have one whole book case shelf that has nothing but TS2 and TS1 CDs. My husband casually asked me if I was going to trade them in for new games yesterday and I gave him a frosty look and said "No way!that would be like getting rid of old friends!" It's a slippery slope.......I kept telling myself I wouldn't buy any more expansions or stuff packs after Bon Voyage,but of course I did and now I own all the TS2 games.The same will probably be said of TS3 as well.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2010, 07:49:21 AM »
And from the Tournament perspective and all of its individual challenges, I need to keep on top of all expansions that come out to keep things fresh for players — throw them lots of varied challenges with new content. There's nothing in HEL that warrants a challenge, obviously, given it's just new stuff, hairstyles, etc. But, I'm betting there's going to be something great that hits the shelves sometime in the summer with a lot of new content for the game. I practically filled up the schedule the other day with ideas and then I realized — "Slow down, buddy! You don't know what's still coming this year."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 07:58:01 AM »
Has anyone heard anything concrete about the next expansion pack?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 08:01:37 AM »
Has anyone heard anything concrete about the next expansion pack?

Not me. But, my money's on summer. Do the math — these games have about a 3-4 year shelf life at the most before a new rendition comes out and the expansions stop. EA made, what...around half a dozen expansions for 1 and 2? Summer would be 6 months after WA was released.

------

EDIT: Here's a rumour thread I found discussing the possible next expansion. As such, take it with a grain of salt.

bshag

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
If they follow the schedule they did for sims 2 eps will come out about every 5-6 months. 

I read on Snooty that there's a new ep coming out around June 4th and it's going to be Hobbies and Professions.  Lots of speculation going around but since WA is such a farcry from BV who knows what this one will have.  Personally I am wondering, what with all the collecting and skills we're doing now, would they have to put in a pack like this. :-\  Probably not going to have the really great hobbies they had in sims 2...pottery and sewing, which I dearly loved. ;D

Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.  Maybe I'll be over my fear that the next ep won't make my computer completely blow up like WA almost did. ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
EA made, what...around half a dozen expansions for 1 and 2?
7 expansions for Sims 1 and 8 expansions and 9 stuff packs for sims 2 is what i just counted on the shelves behind my desk ::) (plus three stories games 8) ). The expansions to both games came out every 6 months, so it should be a pretty good guess that they will keep to this schedule with Sims 3. The stuff packs are a bit less predictable, sometimes they had two between expansions, and sometimes none.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2010, 02:50:46 PM »
...8 expansions and 9 stuff packs for sims 2

Wow. Talk about needing a decent amount of hard drive space!

Offline Kimmy

• Townie
    • Tweet me...
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »
I have all the Sims 1 - except the movie star one, Sims 2 base game, 1 Sims DS game (didn't like it) and one for the Xbox (I think?) that I also didn't like.  I had a baby, 3 year old, with a more-than-full-time job during the Sims 2, so never got a chance to get into it. :(  Makin' Magic was my favorite thing ever for Sims 1.

I'm super excited about Sims 3, but the WA expansion pack hasn't been that awesome IMO and the high-end pack doesn't pique my interest either.  I hope it's something really cool like being able to go inside the movie theatre and eating places.

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
I got High End Loft Stuff today and I really like it. The furniture is really cool and I am thrilled to have a real fish tank once again. It's also nice to have some more hair choices. I am not thrilled with the clothes but the shoes are nice.
I like building modern houses so this was worth the $20, but if you don't care for modern or contemporary style furniture and clothes, then I would skip it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2010, 03:19:41 PM »
I love contemporary, so I'm really enjoying the High End Loft Stuff.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2010, 04:32:17 PM »
...8 expansions and 9 stuff packs for sims 2
Wow. Talk about needing a decent amount of hard drive space!
Well, that maybe amounts to half what Empire: Total War occupies on my computer (15 GB).
but if you don't care for modern or contemporary style furniture and clothes, then I would skip it.
OK, I was thinking as much. Maybe it just doesn't have anything to offer me (large, victorian houses á la Shining on the other hand... ;D)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »
Well, that maybe amounts to half what Empire: Total War occupies on my computer (15 GB).

Oh, my gosh! As a comparison I have about 6k songs in my iTunes Library clocking in at 25GB. That's a beefy game, Swede.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2010, 07:27:29 PM »
I guess I have been pretty fortunate with the games.  I did purchase the stuff pack and liked most of the furniture, there is only one female hairstyle that I really liked, the other one looks like someone put a bowl on her head, LOL.  All in all it is not a bad stuff pack, but the furniture issue I can deal with since there is so much to choose from in the CAS.  The only issue I still have every once in a while is the error 12, I can usually find a way around it.  Personally, I think there are alot of things you can do with this game, I am trying to use my imagination, but I think it ran away.  Will try to find some pics.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything