Author Topic: New High-end-loft-stuff and version 3.0.38  (Read 26713 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: New High-end-loft-stuff and version 3.0.38
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 07:18:07 AM »
I would really like to buy High End Loft,but I have CC furniture and patterns........what should I do?

It would appear that custom content is often the real issue with patch release problems. There are still bugs native to vanilla and WA Sims 3 that EA could do a lot better with. I've made a personal choice to not play with any custom content at all. It's almost scary to me. It's almost like a pandora's box environment that EA created — yes, it's great that there's a lot of custom content you can get, but what's the cost? A very buggy game for players that go down that road. I have had very few technical problems since the first day I fired up Sims 3 last September. Basically all of my problems have been quality control issues that EA should have fixed in beta testing — the food spoiling stuff, etc.

Offline purenergy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 07:46:07 AM »
On the game content issue I totally agree. I played Sims1 back when it came out and kept playing up through the Superstar expansion pack. It was a great game, but there were issues with the AI and other game interactions, etc. When I got Sims3 I was excited because I thought "OK this is the 3rd generation, it should be so much cooler now." But I was surprised to find it had many of the same issues as before. Like sims getting all caught up on each other at dinner time. Obsessively using the sprinkler or playground, things like that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 03:14:09 PM »
Metro, don't forget that sims 3 haves a very bad error handling system, when a sim gets corrupted, instead of fixing the issue or removing the sim, the game ignores the error and the corruption spreads across all sims on the neighborhood: appearances are lost, family lines are screwed, sims start mass-missing school/work as schedules are lost, and then the game goes down in a giant ball of fire.
WA is rather guilty of this, traveling haves a high chance of damaging the data of one of your sims.

On the other hand with the correct CC, sim corruption is caught and dealt with on the spot, data isn't lost during travel nor your sim would get mysteriously married and with a random kid. There's a whole lot of other bugs in sims 3: some are errors not being caught and dealt with spreading the damage, some are design errors or small oversights like the food spoiling, others are things made through inefficient methods that end up slowing the game. To have a mostly bug-free experience, it seems the way of doing things is to use CC.

As for ea sending a message not to use CC and that they don't support it, it's common amongst game companies, as providing tech support to CC-using games is simply not possible and far beyond their scope. Which i wouldn't mind except for the fact that their tech support is horrible and i've gotten better results asking my questions in CC sites.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »
On the other hand with the correct CC, sim corruption is caught and dealt with on the spot, data isn't lost during travel nor your sim would get mysteriously married and with a random kid. There's a whole lot of other bugs in sims 3: some are errors not being caught and dealt with spreading the damage, some are design errors or small oversights like the food spoiling, others are things made through inefficient methods that end up slowing the game. To have a mostly bug-free experience, it seems the way of doing things is to use CC.

By custom content, I'm assuming you're referring to mods?

------

EDIT: The UPS guy just showed up with my High-End Loft DVD. So, here goes nothin'....

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »
Good luck Metro! *keeps fingers crossed for ya' dude*
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 06:13:08 PM »
By custom content, I'm assuming you're referring to mods?
Yep, for most major fixes it would be awesomemod, i use others to fix miscellaneous things like gym having a negative impact on athletic learning (despite the ingame tooltips or the comments on the game's code) or fixing photography issues (latest patch fixed theatre, but didn't fixed droppa stones).
I also use the supercomputer to prevent the radio/tv bug.

Most of these will update to 1.9 core within 1-2 weeks (except the small xml hacks like the gym one which should still work without issues), apparently this patch didn't changed much.
Also, despite the patch information, they didn't fixed the launcher, it still crashes and hangs a lot when installing free store content.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »
Let's stay on topic here.  We've already got a thread to discuss mods:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=419.0
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 04:43:25 AM »
I'm still on the fence as if I want to pay money for more stuff.  Gameplay additions?  Sure, bring it on.  New beds and paintings and guitars?  Not so sure.  Let me ask this, does it come with new hair and clothing styles as well?  Cause that might push me more away from the "Meh" catagory.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »
I would be willing to buy the stuff packs because the there just isn't enough furniture in the base game.Even with WA,the choices are still a bit slim.
All I have for CC is some furniture and patterns and no mods installed.I should be safe installing High End Loft...still thinking about it though.Would love to know more about it from anyone who has installed it.

Offline purenergy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »
I am also curious about what in in the pack. Pictures anyone? ;)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »
I am also curious about what in in the pack. Pictures anyone? ;)

Here's a sampling of some items —

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 10:48:59 AM »
There is new clothing and hairstyles in the stuff pack and the furniture is awesome.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 10:51:38 AM »
There is new clothing and hairstyles in the stuff pack...

Oh, cool. I didn't know that. I just threw up this guy to take the screenshot and he's just one of the stock CAS looks.

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »
what is that white thing at the front of the screen?
Also, I have the carving statue and the fountain, I think I got them through WA as I don't have the SP.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
what is that white thing at the front of the screen?

It's a big triangular bathtub.

Also, I have the carving statue and the fountain, I think I got them through WA as I don't have the SP.

Ah, really? In the Buy screen the plumbob symbols for WA and HEL objects look almost identical and I didn't recognize those 2 items.