Author Topic: New High-end-loft-stuff and version 3.0.38  (Read 26685 times)

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
Re: New High-end-loft-stuff and version 3.0.38
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »

Also, I have the carving statue and the fountain, I think I got them through WA as I don't have the SP.

Ah, really? In the Buy screen the plumbob symbols for WA and HEL objects look almost identical and I didn't recognize those 2 items.

No, I'm sure it's WA. I do not have HEL and I do have the carving and the fountain. Are you sure you don't have them Metro?
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 12:59:18 PM »
No, I'm sure it's WA. I do not have HEL and I do have the carving and the fountain. Are you sure you don't have them Metro?

I believe you guys that the 2 objects are WA and not HEL. I've got both and what I was saying is the plumbob symbols that designate WA and HEL objects just look a little similar to me in the buy screen and I wasn't paying enough attention. No biggie.

Here's an interesting note about the electrical guitar — the amplifier just magically appears after the Sim picks up the guitar. It's a really cool touch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »
It's a big triangular bathtub.

Cool, glad they brought out a triangular one. Thanks for the photo. Do you think it is worth getting? It's $50 over here!

Ah, really? In the Buy screen the plumbob symbols for WA and HEL objects look almost identical and I didn't recognize those 2 items.

Lol no worries, I have the same problem with WA and the 1 or 2 things I got from the exchange when I downloaded a couple of houses.

EDIT: Oh hey, just noticed the treadmill - cool!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
Cool, glad they brought out a triangular one. Thanks for the photo. Do you think it is worth getting? It's $50 over here!

$50 is way too much money for this stuff pack. That's what I paid for the entire base game. Of course, it's cheaper than moving to the United States, right?  ;D

bshag

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
I really like some of the things in High End SP, like the guitar, not so much the actions that go along with it...better with the acoustic.  I really like the triangle tub.

The patch that was released is useless to me...my EADM is not connected to the sims3 site so therefore continues to show my game is up to date.  For the first time, they are having players update through the launcher which is dumb if your launcher/DM is broken. ::) 

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »

$50 is way too much money for this stuff pack. That's what I paid for the entire base game. Of course, it's cheaper than moving to the United States, right?  ;D

Or you could always buy it for me, Metro! Hehe ;D

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 02:07:20 PM »
I LOVE the bathtub.I think I might have to buy it now......as much as I hate handing EA money,this just looks too good.What are the new hairstyles like?please tell that there are more choices for guy sims.....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:19 PM »
Or you could always buy it for me, Metro! Hehe ;D

Consider it done. I just dropped $50 in the mail to you. The bad news is the envelope just says "kat" with no address, so I'm not sure where it will end up. Cross your fingers!

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »
I've never bought any of the stuff packs EA have released, they've never really seemed worth it. How does the new furniture compare in terms of comfort/sleep(for beds)/hygiene etc compared to the base game and WA stuff? I like my Sims to have the best of everything, I generally end up wasting too much time then altering the colours and patterns of furniture to make them fit in with what I want lol.
Mind you, the triangular bath looks pretty smart...
Grr Argh!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
How does the new furniture compare in terms of comfort/sleep(for beds)/hygiene etc compared to the base game and WA stuff?

No better than the best stuff of vanilla and WA. In fact, a couple of the beds and showers have lower Energy/Hygiene stats that don't seem to jive with the price tag.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 05:00:05 PM »
Do you think it is worth getting? It's $50 over here!

Where are you, kat?  If that's not U.S. dollars, then it's not a fair comparison to say that it costs more and isn't worth it because of the exchange rate.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
Do you think it is worth getting? It's $50 over here!

Where are you, kat?  If that's not U.S. dollars, then it's not a fair comparison to say that it costs more and isn't worth it because of the exchange rate.

I'm in New Zealand....not sure what that is in US $$

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
Go on metro, show us a pic of the hot tub!! Is it heart shaped?!

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
There is not a hot-tub that I am aware of with this stuff pack.  We got the vibrating, heart-shaped bed though.  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »
There's been no mention of the hot tub in this stuff pack.  Just electric guitar, aquarium, and heart shaped bed as favorites that are returning.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."