Author Topic: The Subtleties of "Invite Over"  (Read 16232 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: The Subtleties of "Invite Over"
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:16 AM »
Thanks for that tip Hosfac.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
Ooh! Thanks for that, Hosfac! No more random outings, yey!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »
Thanks for that tip, Hosfac! Renee Littler wasn't pleased by the "outing" (my Sim invited her over the other day) and so their relationship level dropped. Unfair, but for the last time. Ha!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Frey

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »
A way to prevent an invite from becoming an outing is to greet them before they ring the doorbell.  Simply watch for the other sim to arrive, and then pause the game and cue up a "Greet" interaction.  When you unpause, the cued interaction will interrupt their "Ring Bell" interaction.  Your sim will go to invite them inside without forming a group.

You're right! That's why I never get outings with my sims at home! I always do this because with eight sims in the house, having guests inside can get really annoying, specially if they are superstars because all the other sims start the silly "wow! a superstar!" thingie and interrupt what they're doing. Anyways... I had never realized this was the reason why my sims' invites never became outings, but it makes a lot of sense!

I just give them all nectar and they leave happy. Party hardy!
;D that's so right.

anything