Author Topic: Party Question  (Read 10651 times)

CarlosLordofTacos

Party Question
« on: July 09, 2011, 03:37:25 PM »
How many people can be invited to a party, specifically, a wedding?

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: Party Question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
I think 9 or 10? Not entirely sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
Oh thank goodness! :o I'm trying to build a wedding chapel and, well, I think if it was 30 or so I'd cry lol.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:24:15 PM »
Oh gosh, 30?!? That doesn't happen lol.
Or maybe it could, there are lots of party crashers sometimes..

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
I've never invited more than 5 people to a party, so I didn't have a clue how many could attend one. My sims are usually to busy skilling to party, I'm so mean to them haha.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
Did my wedding at a community lot and extras showed up. I'd say there were 12

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »
My sims are usually to busy skilling to party, I'm so mean to them haha.

What I do is host the party at the park, invite the max number of guests (I believe it's 10) and then send my Sim there to play for tips. That way your Sim will be skilling, making money and making friends all at the same time.
And the guests always love the party too. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
 @PJ: No one gets bored that you aren't paying attention to them? Curious.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »
Nope, they don't. All Sims love live music I guess. They'll just stand around watching my Sim play or dance with each other until they get hungry or need to use the bathroom. They don't need any other entertainment and they will cook themselves food on the grills or take out a picnic basket.
This is usually the only kind of party I bother with because it's so easy and the party is always a success.

The cool thing about playing guitar is your Sim will increase their relationship with everyone watching so it's much more effective than talking which you can only do with one Sim at a time. Plus it raises everyone's fun.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
Oh that is such an awesome tip, PJ! Thanks! This news will so make my sim on the golden tongue, golden fingers LTW's life much easier. ;)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »
I wanted a wedding in the park and invited the max number of guests. I set up a buffet table, etc; I did not restrict access, so I had almost half the town show up for the wedding '(the groom thought is was just a party until she clicked on the arch).  Poor fool; trapped and happy!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »
Back in The Sims 2, I used to throw a party with the maximum number of guests, then pick up the phone and "Invite Over" every other Sim in the phonebook. I haven't tried it in The Sims 3 yet, but I presume you could still boost your numbers that way. Using a public lot would also work as other townies would wander onto the lot during the party. Otherwise, I think you can only invite 10 or so, as Tallstar said.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:56 AM »
All Sims love live music I guess. They'll just stand around watching my Sim play or dance with each other until they get hungry or need to use the bathroom.

You must be playing Sunset Valley, because in Bridgeport everyone plays instruments at parties, and often the fools watch the worst guitar player. My sim has maxed her guitar and all the skills for it (except the 10 venues) and they watch the idiot with skill level 1.
So I have her start a jam session, tell the others to stop playing and pick the ones I know can play to join. Then it's like having a band at your party.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 04:42:19 AM »
I believe the maximum number of guests excluding household members is eight. I always invite as much people as I can - I love big parties with a lot of Sims - more realistic. However, I make sure to buy the Legendary Host lifetime reward at first, I laugh when they say that the party was "epic" even though I did nothing to boost the final result, lol.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 04:48:14 AM »
I do the same Chronic. The legendary also gets you invited more often to parties. My sim gets phone calls from strangers "Hey, I heard you know how to throw a party. I'm having a little get together and wonder if you'd like to join".