Author Topic: Buying Simpoints in The UK  (Read 4828 times)

CandyHeartedSim

Buying Simpoints in The UK
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
I'm wanting to buy 1,000 Simpoints from the Store, But I can't work out how to pay using Paypal. My Mum said that was the only way I would be aloud to Buy them, as she doesn't trust any other way. Is Paysafe the same thing? Any help is needed :D

HannahEloiseee

Re: Buying Simpoints in The UK
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »
I buy simpoints with a credit card and i've not had any problems about it not being safe, I've never payed on paypal though. I can't see why it shouldn't be safe to buy them. I don't think paysafe is the same as paypal, I'm not 100% sure though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »
I just bought some earlier, I used mobile and they even give you extra points for using that method. Pretty sweet! ;)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
CandyHeartedSim, depending on what's blocking you from buying the simpoints i've outlined two solutions (hopefully) below:

• Do you have a paypal account? Your mum is right in that paypal is very safe, i'm not sure what paysafe is so I can't comment. To make a paypal account go to the paypal website and follow the instructions for registering. Then in the EA sims store go to 'My Account' and 'Account Details'. At the bottom of the list that shows up click on the + sign near paypal and enter your details there. Then go to to 'Buy Simpoints' and, once you have chosen your choice of points, the paypal option will show up with the list of payment options. When you click on it all your details that you entered will show up. Then just follow the instructions to log into your paypal and authorise the payment. And voili points purchased. Just to warn you that occasionally the process seems to freeze on trying to load the log-in screen. Unfortunately it's a fault of the dodgy EA website, so you'll just have to try again the whole process.
  • If you already have a paypal account a potential reason for not being able to buy points is if the language is not set to the correct region. I know, bizarre, but when in the sims3 store look on the bottom left of the site and there is a small world icon with "Select Language". Click on it and choose the appropriate language and region. For example, I live in the UK and when I log onto the sims3 website it's all in English. However for me it defaults to US english so if I want to buy points I'm quoted dollars and I am also unable to buy points. However, change language to English UK and the simpoints are quoted in sterling and I'm able to buy the points.

Hope this helps, and apologies if I've explained things that you already know.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 03:41:57 AM »
Do you mean "paysafe Card"? If so, then we also have this payement option in Belgium, and it's a pre paid card that you can purchase in retail stores. It's pretty easy I think, and probably the safest way to buy Simpoints.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

anything