Author Topic: Building: A Community Garden?  (Read 44844 times)

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
Building: A Community Garden?
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:32:35 AM »
Hi all,

I have been thinking about trying to create a community garden, with all the plants in it so my Sims can gather what they like.  But I have no idea how to begin creating a community plot to install into an existing game.  I have installed houses and stores from the exchange, so I know how to do that,  but I'd like to create my own perfect garden, and be able to harvest there.  I'd also like to create my own fishing spots, but I think that falls into the same category, right?

Can anyone give me fairly specific instructions how to build, upload and download such a thing?  Thanks so much!

Phyrie

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Building: A Community Garden?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:44:29 AM »
Hi all,

I have been thinking about trying to create a community garden, with all the plants in it so my Sims can gather what they like.  But I have no idea how to begin creating a community plot to install into an existing game.  I have installed houses and stores from the exchange, so I know how to do that,  but I'd like to create my own perfect garden, and be able to harvest there.  I'd also like to create my own fishing spots, but I think that falls into the same category, right?

Can anyone give me fairly specific instructions how to build, upload and download such a thing?  Thanks so much!

Phyrie

1. For doing your own Perfect community garden, you will have to take the time for a sim you create to actually grow all the perfect plants. 

2. If you have WA on the other hand, you can use the testingcheatsenabled code and then the buydebug and buy all the plants to put on a lot. 

Once you have done one or the other, you can go to edit town mode and change your lot to a community lot.

For fishing spots, you would go directly to edit town mode and build your fishing holes on whatever lots you chose, then change your lot to a community lot while you are still in edit town mode.  If you have WA you can then install fish spawners under the buydebug option like above with the plants.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:58 AM »
Wildred, you can do that but, this is easier and involves a cheat or two. This is how EA made them, I think.

1. Go into edit mode.

2. Click on desired empty lot.

3. Its details should come up. Click on a bench or a button that says change lot type.

4. If community Garden is not an option, choose whatever you want.

5. Now click the building tools on the details.

6. Type in testingcheatsenabled true, then buydebug.

7.  Go into buy mode, go into catagory selection, click the question mark, find the tab that looks like a plant or grass. It has all plants in it, just click them and put them down. You can also get seed, insect, fish, gem/metal spawners.

8. Finish building and decorating.

9. Save and go back to your sim.

I have never upoladed a lot but Downloading works best if the lot you want will fit exactly on the same size lot, eg. a house is a 20x30, that you downloaded, it will be easier if you place it on another 20x30 empty lot.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:51:22 AM »
samoht04, thanks for giving a more direct route, but if the OP still wants a perfect garden, then they will have to play a gardening sim for a while to grow the plants to perfect.  The plants from buydebug are all normal quality.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 02:09:26 AM »
Another thing to consider, if the plants are on a community lot, your Sim can harvest them, but cannot fertilize or tend them.  They will always be the same quality as when they were put on the lot.  If you want a truly perfect quality garden, your Sim will have to garden it to that point on your own lot.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:23:22 AM »
The only usefull part of a community garden is you can have loads of the plant types there or all of them, another is you can harvest and sell them without much work.

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:32 AM »
Well, I do have most of the plants up to perfect in my home garden.  I was just thinking that if I could plant them in a community plot, they would be avaliable for for another Sim.  I guess that's a cheat, but sometimes I don't mind a cheat or two!  LOL!

What I was thinking is this: my Sims have spent a great deal of time learning these skills (gardening, cooking etc) and are getting older.  I was hoping to start a new game with teen Sims and giving myself more time to increase skills by having access to good plants sooner.

Thanks for the suggestions so far,
Phyrie

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:54:18 AM »
Well, I dont know if they will stay same quality but you will have to follow wildreds instructions for planting yourself, mine is mainly an easier way to find the seeds.

eucalypt111

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »
I had a sim with all the plants at perfect level in her garden.  There was no fence.  All the neighbours came to harvest and take home perfect plants to plant.  This worked even better when the lot got too buggy and my sim moved out.  It was still a residential lot but no resident.  The only plant that doesnt work so well like this is the death plant (since it dies after each harvest).

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »
Theoretically, could uncontrolled sims harvest your death plants (and thus kill them) leaving you empty-handed?
That's a scary thought!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 01:46:27 AM »
Theoretically, could uncontrolled sims harvest your death plants (and thus kill them) leaving you empty-handed?
That's a scary thought!

Time for a fence I think! ;)

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 01:52:55 AM »
Erf, yeah, I've done that.  Set my gardener Sim to merrily harvesting and she took all four of the death plants out!  OUCH!!

Phyrie

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »
That's a scary thought!

If your gardener is a Green Thumb, he has a chance to revive the Death Flower plant one time, so you'd get two Death Flowers from it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »
I'm aware of that, but still; could other, uncontrolled townies come and visit you and take your death flower? i.e. not in your household and such.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »
I'm aware of that, but still; could other, uncontrolled townies come and visit you and take your death flower? i.e. not in your household and such.

In theory, yes they could.  In reality though they don't.

anything