Author Topic: Building: A Community Garden?  (Read 44847 times)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
Re: Building: A Community Garden?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 03:06:32 AM »
I am in the process of building a perfect community garden and I have a few quick questions.  Once my Sim achieves perfect status on everything she grows, do I plant a new seed of each type and that's it?  Or should I have mature plants?  I know plants have different growing times and I want to ensure all plants survive.  Does anyone know if community garden plants die?  Also, do I need to evict her before I change the lot type?  Sorry if my questions are a little silly but this is all new territory for me.  Thanks!

One more, how many of each type of plant would you recommend?
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 03:34:37 AM »
I am in the process of building a perfect community garden and I have a few quick questions.  Once my Sim achieves perfect status on everything she grows, do I plant a new seed of each type and that's it?  Or should I have mature plants?  I know plants have different growing times and I want to ensure all plants survive.  Does anyone know if community garden plants die?  Also, do I need to evict her before I change the lot type?  Sorry if my questions are a little silly but this is all new territory for me.  Thanks!

One more, how many of each type of plant would you recommend?

Once the seeds are planted, you can then evict her and change the lot type.  That lot will never have any of the plants die or become barren.  The only downside is that you can't fertilize those plants for the boost in quality, but then again, if they are perfect, why worry.  :)  If you are going to go through the trouble to give yourself a perfect community garden, I personally would plant everything except the omni plant since you can't improve/upgrade the quality on that by planting again and again.  Have fun with it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 03:52:23 AM »
Thank you for mentioning the omni plant.  I wasn't planning on putting one in my garden, since there is one at the science center and I have not been able to figure out how to use it, but I can put in the cheese, egg, patty and steak plants.  I would have totally overlooked that.  Thank you.  Now I just have to wait for the opportunity to show up and start working on those plants.  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 03:54:43 AM »
@gerrr00: 

To use an Omni plant, just click on it and select the "Feed" option.  It will pull up a list of every item in your inventory that can be fed to the plant.  One word of caution, though...  if you have a ton of things in your inventory, it will be slow to load because it loades every item individually.  For example, if you have 50 tomatoes, there will be 50 lines of just tomatoes. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »
Thanks Pam, but I do not get that option.  I can only 'check on diet' once i click on it it says' nothing has been feed to this plant'.  I have never had a problem with omni plants in my personal gardens.  I just can't figure out what to do at the science center omni. 

Also I posted a few pictures on my community garden in the landscaping help section thread if you want to take a look.  I am half way there getting all my plants to perfect with the exception of the dairy and protein plants.  Still waiting on the opportunity.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
You have to do 'Check diet' before the 'Feed' option comes up.

@Moderator: Should this be moved to 'Building and Construction?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »
I thought that also, I had a hard time finding it.  In fact when I posted on this thread it came up with a warning saying "it has been over 60 days since the last reply, are you sure you want to reply" 

And thanks, I never thought to click on the plant twice.  I will do that.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 06:07:49 AM »
@Moderator: Should this be moved to 'Building and Construction?

Yes.  Thank you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »
I am almost ready to make my community garden into a community lot.  I was messing around with Edit Town and noticed there is no community garden setting.  Just a Chinese Garden.  Does it actually matter what I designate it as?  I thought there would have been a garden option since Twinbrook has a community garden. 

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »
No gerrr, it does not matter what you designate it as.  I usually designate mine as a park, so that it will get visitors.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 02:53:22 AM »
I successfully made my first community garden!  I hope I never have to do it again though!  It was a lot of work.  I designated it as a small park and I had lots of people show up when I checked it out real quick before turning off my game.  I feel very accomplished.   ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
And indeed you ARE geroo!  That garden is lovely.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
gerrr00, I downloaded your park from the main site and it is beautiful.  My Sim family is very happy visiting it  ;D.  You did a fantastic job.  Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »
I am done!  All fruit and veggies are present, minus the Omni plant and the Money tree.  There are 2 plasma plants.  They are by the bathroom.  I kept thinking about how parks look out by me and they are mostly just green.  So that is what this is.  I did add little splashed of color but not much.  I really like this one.  This time I did not go overboard with the butterflies!  lol  I think my last game had a bug and that is why I could not delete any of the spawners.  This time you can.  No store items. Hope you like it!

Green & Fruitful Garden

A tiny park to enjoy a picnic, play some chess, or strum a guitar. Perfect for a lazy afternoon and a game of catch. Feel free to fill up on any of the perfect produce!

It is on a 25x25 lot and set as a small park.  All bathroom appliances are upgraded to unbreakable.  The park has a small gnome population, a vampire, hiphop, and 3 mysterious gnomes.  Hopefully the vamp won't turn all the others into vamps.  You can fish in the pond.  With the exception of the plasma fruit, all other plants are tucked around the bushes.  Once I get the plants mature I will take another pic.  I have the fruit trees surrounding fountain area.  OK that's it!  

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »
That's a beautiful garden gerrr00. Are there fish spawners in the pond?