Author Topic: Prevent aging  (Read 3052 times)

Leto85

Prevent aging
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:37:13 AM »
Little tip for you guys: eating Ambrosia at the same day a sim will age doesn't prevent getting older. I saw it in my game today.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Prevent aging
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:40:05 AM »
This is also correct for the tattoo machine/makeover station bug, even though the age bar shows that the age is reset, the Sim will still age.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »
This is also correct for the tattoo machine/makeover station bug, even though the age bar shows that the age is reset, the Sim will still age.

What do you mean? The tattoo station let sims age up?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:57:49 AM »
What do you mean? The tattoo station let sims age up?

No. There is a bug connected to tattoo machines and makeover stations - if your Sim gets a tattoo or a makeover, their age bar is reset. It works the same way as Ambrosia, it is a "benefiting" bug. However, as I noted in the previous post, it won't "work" properly if your Sim is set to age up on the day you use it.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
Little tip for you guys: eating Ambrosia at the same day a sim will age doesn't prevent getting older. I saw it in my game today.

I heard about this bug a long time ago. If you eat a Life Fruit after eating the Ambrosia it should prevent you from aging.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 11:48:43 PM »
I heard about this bug a long time ago. If you eat a Life Fruit after eating the Ambrosia it should prevent you from aging.

This is not a bug.  This is how the game works.  Once you get the notification that it's a sim's birthday, aging up is set in stone.  No amount of life fruit and ambrosia will change it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything