Author Topic: Cannot return from a world adventure/home won't load.  (Read 3556 times)

telleally

Cannot return from a world adventure/home won't load.
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:02:11 AM »
Firstly, I came across this site after my entire saved game dissappeared with the mysterious 'error 12'. I took the advise on this site and now resave with an ascending number on the end of my gamefile name. Now that I have World Adventures I am not able to leave an adventure and return home. Three times I have tried and the same 'a serious error has occured' message comes up. I have tried to save while in 'China' complete the holiday and then attempt to return, same error message. I now have 2 saved files called myfamilyname21 and myfamilyname22 both are the basecamp in China. Have I made a mistake by saving when in the other world? The first time I played in China I didn't save whilst there and I lost my myfamilyname20 file altogether so I have tried three times. 1st not saving whilst in China until leaving, 2nd saving whilst there as 21 and then again as 22.

Hope you can help as this basically makes the World Adventures unplayable for me as no progress I make is saved at all.

Thanks you for your time. Cheers,
Telleally

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Cannot return from a world adventure/home won't load.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:25:08 PM »
I believe that Generations has made WA very unstable.  Until EA patch it, I will not be sending my sims travelling.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:31:48 AM »
I believe that Generations has made WA very unstable.  Until EA patch it, I will not be sending my sims travelling.  :-\

That's what the Save button is for. Always save your game before traveling. Just in case. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

telleally

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:11:02 AM »
I do save, and often as I have learnt from past mistakes, however that doesn't help as I am going aorund in circles. Saving, travelling and then having to go back from where I started. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?