Author Topic: Sim wont stay asleep?  (Read 20563 times)

Tfaircloth

Sim wont stay asleep?
« on: July 05, 2011, 07:46:11 PM »
So i am having a problem.... 2 of my sims will not stay asleep. They will lay down then a few seconds later they will pop up, and the bed will be made like they never laid in it. This has happened before, and i could not figure out how to fix it. Has this happened to anyone..

Someone else also had this problem and they made a video of it, Here it is so you know what im talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzAPQ_e3xfE

** i have tried replacing the bed.. and it seems as though they can sleep in the sleeping bag.. just not the bed. **

Sportsfan

Re: Sim wont stay asleep?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
Do you have any mods installed? Have you tried doing resetsim?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Tfaircloth

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 07:53:34 PM »
No mods, and resetsim doesnt work. i've started having these problems after i got generations,so im wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »
Is it any bed or just that one bed? I mean different kinds, not just selling the bed and buying the same one again.

Tfaircloth

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 11:32:06 PM »
I tried a different bed, and it does the same thing. i restarted the game and tried again and it does the same thing after the teens come back from the prom.. The 2nd time however the family was not able to interact with each other. i was able to do click everything else, but the sims could not talk to each other.the next time i try im not going to send the teens to prom and see what happens.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »
I had something like that happen once.  It was from a Sim being stuck having a birthday.  The mom would go the bed and get right back up and cheer and then just stand there.  I reset the stuck Sim, but it did not help.  The mom kept getting up.  I ended up going back to an earlier save and deleting that particular save.  I have yet to have a Sim go to prom, so I am unfamiliar if birthdays and proms are similar or not.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
I just started having that problem, and I don't know why. My sims just returned from Shang Simla and then the husband died. I don't think it has anything to do with either of those, but I know it's not from Generations. I've had it since the day it came out and this problem just now started. Buying a new bed doesn't work either. Not sure how I'm gonna work around this one.

Update: Now my when I control my sim and I try to click on another sim or herself, nothing pops up. Not sure what's going on!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 02:23:57 AM »
I have experienced that in the past, so that's why it's important to keep a saved game ("saved as....") you can switch to (especially before travelling).

charchar154

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 12:03:59 PM »
my sims done exactly the same thing. wouldnt go to sleep kept popping back out and she then got stuck making the bed and her body was named after another sim and she disappeared from the side panel totally gone from my household :/ i can still call her and chat but try to meet up and she never shows :/ dont know whats happened

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »
This worked for a similar problem:

Try using Edit Town to move the whole household out of the house, then back in.
Or save your Sims to the bin and move them to a new town entirely.

Success! I copied the household (with house), deleted the bugged one and then placed them back onto the same lot.

Tfaircloth

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
This worked for a similar problem:

I tried to move them out, then when i tried to place them back into the house nothing would happen after i purchased the lot again. They stayed pinned to the clipboard, so i just switched households. Nothing is wrong with the household i am in now, so its just with that family that is bugged. 
 :-\

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:12 AM »
What I did was copy the entire family and household to the library, not move them out. Once I had a copy in my library, I deleted the original family and household to just an empty lot. Then, I took the freshly copied family (and household) and placed them on the freshly demolished lot. Family tree was still intact, so were careers, and so was individual sim inventory AND family inventory. The only things that weren't safely copied were relationships with people outside the house and paintings in the house that were painted by sims.

Tfaircloth

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
What I did was copy the entire family and household to the library, not move them out. Once I had a copy in my library, I deleted the original family and household to just an empty lot. Then, I took the freshly copied family (and household) and placed them on the freshly demolished lot. Family tree was still intact, so were careers, and so was individual sim inventory AND family inventory. The only things that weren't safely copied were relationships with people outside the house and paintings in the house that were painted by sims.

I tried to do that but it froze everything. So i just gave up and made a new family. it sucks because i had just made the imaginary friend real. :(

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
Well, that stinks! I've never tried making an imaginary friend real because I've seen some strange things in my games. I wonder if it's some sort of glitch.

Sportsfan

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 08:11:06 PM »
I'm pretty certain that this is a bug that came with the generations path because I just patched up today and in the first night my sims slept they slept for about 2 hours and then teleported out of bed one next to it, the other outside. I hadnt had a problem with my game before so I'm pretty sure this is a bug from the generations patch.