Author Topic: Romantic Interactions Glitch  (Read 9670 times)

ElizaDaye

Romantic Interactions Glitch
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
Hey guys! Starting a new topic for this since the only reference I found to my problem is pretty old, but it IS from this forum: http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/miscellaneous-help/romantic-interactions-glitch/

I'm experiencing the same problem. After every romantic interaction, the bar resets so that Sim 1 thinks Sim 2 is "okay" and it never gets farther - which means they can't Try For Baby as I want them to. This is a somewhat older game (few months) that I've now gone back to, but all romantic interactions during previous gameplay was normal. They have been Boyfriend/Girlfriend for 10 Sim weeks and have woohoo'd several times. Just reposting the issue in case anyone found a solution that wasn't added to the above linked thread? Sorry if I'm just being dense about not finding this stuff.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Romantic Interactions Glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 03:04:14 AM »
The link didn't work for me. But most links don't work for me nowadays (different sites).

Is one sim unflirty?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ElizaDaye

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41:06 PM »

Is one sim unflirty?

I don't think so ... it's possible though since she only knows 3 of his 5 traits. Does anyone know if Beau Merrick in Bridgeport is unflirty? I don't think he is though since they have never had this problem before. It also "feels" like a glitch because their little relationship bar will like ... flash briefly to "Beau thinks Ruby is being flirty" but almost instantly it just goes back to "Beau thinks Ruby is okay."  :( I'm bummed because I wanted to try and have a vampire baby and I think he's the best looking of all the potential vampire fathers in Bridgeport.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »
I don't think so ... it's possible though since she only knows 3 of his 5 traits. Does anyone know if Beau Merrick in Bridgeport is unflirty?

Your link didn't work for me either.

I checked the Sims Wikia and found this page about Beau Merrick.  Hope this helps you.  He has lots of love interests so it is going to be hard to get him to settle down ;D.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

ElizaDaye

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:45:12 PM »
Your link didn't work for me either.

I checked the Sims Wikia and found this page about Beau Merrick.  Hope this helps you.  He has lots of love interests so it is going to be hard to get him to settle down ;D.

huh ... weird. well anyway, thanks for the link, I guess he's not unflirty after all. Still, it's weird. And yes, I knew about his roommates, made the mistake of going to a party at his place once, and now they all hate me LOL oops! But they have been going steady for about 10 Sim weeks, and like I said, they've woohoo'd tons of times, I just wanted her to make more money before she embarked on life as a single mom. :D No plans to try and make Beau settle down against his will or otherwise, she's just gonna use him and lose him! at least ... that WAS the plan. Perhaps he's just peeved 'cause she didn't call him for a couple weeks. Few. Like five. heh. That's rude, I know, but she was focusing on her career, and now that she's at the top her biological clock is tickin'!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 03:53:38 AM »
You should use Vladimir, his kids look good. At least they did in one of my games. And he's easier to flirt with.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 09:59:30 AM »
Eliza, did you try to restart your game?
I had the same glitch few weeks ago and it fixed itself by restarting the computer.

Tell me please if you find any mistake in my post. English is not my mother language. It's "only" the third one in frequency of utilisation. I'm "half-French".

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 07:36:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure I was the one that started the other thread  ;D

The problem was never resolved, even by restarting several times, waiting a while, etc, and I didn't want to reinstall my game just because of it. I deleted the file and thought no more about the problem.

Recently, it's come back-it happened with two different couples. I still moved in one guy as a friend, though, yet it still didn't work (he was flirty, as well!) Ever hopeful, I moved my sim and him to another house together, and everything is as it should be now. I think I'll try with the other couple, if the girl is still around.

Hopefully, this will help!

Oh, and by the way, they can still Try For Baby; just get them both lying on a double bed and the option, along with a few others, should come up. It will still say that 'Sim X thinks Sim Y is ok', though.  :D
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Deluded Genius

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »
Is one of them extremely tired/hungry/etcetera? Sometimes that can cause a sim to regard romantic interactions as only "okay." Also, this can happen if you have the Master of Seduction lifetime reward, and you use romantic interactions on a sim with whom the relationship is low. They won't reject them as "creepy" or "a bit odd" because of the reward, but they often won't consider them romantic either, just "okay."

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »
Is one of them extremely tired/hungry/etcetera? Sometimes that can cause a sim to regard romantic interactions as only "okay." Also, this can happen if you have the Master of Seduction lifetime reward, and you use romantic interactions on a sim with whom the relationship is low. They won't reject them as "creepy" or "a bit odd" because of the reward, but they often won't consider them romantic either, just "okay."
I can't answer for Eliza or anyone else, but in my case the sim's needs were static (as always) and they were best friends.  :)

Deluded Genius

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »
I can't answer for Eliza or anyone else, but in my case the sim's needs were static (as always) and they were best friends.  :)

Ouch. That's too bad. I'm glad I don't have that glitch. Since you're in a maxed out relationship, however, you should be able to cuddle on a bed and then Try for Baby, or try in an elevator/building/someplace else which automatically offers the interaction. I'm not a hundred percent certain if the other sim will accept if he's not actually romantically inclined, but it will work always with Master of Seduction if they're not in such a terrible mood that they auto-refuse. And I've been able to have sims accept wildly inappropriate interactions just because they were best friends, so it might work.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you know this - and have already stated it much more succinctly than I managed.  :-X

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 04:50:04 AM »
Ouch. That's too bad. I'm glad I don't have that glitch. Since you're in a maxed out relationship, however, you should be able to cuddle on a bed and then Try for Baby, or try in an elevator/building/someplace else which automatically offers the interaction. I'm not a hundred percent certain if the other sim will accept if he's not actually romantically inclined, but it will work always with Master of Seduction if they're not in such a terrible mood that they auto-refuse. And I've been able to have sims accept wildly inappropriate interactions just because they were best friends, so it might work.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you know this - and have already stated it much more succinctly than I managed.  :-X
Haha!  :D

ElizaDaye

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
Oh, and by the way, they can still Try For Baby; just get them both lying on a double bed and the option, along with a few others, should come up. It will still say that 'Sim X thinks Sim Y is ok', though.  :D

**facepalm** of COURSE! Wow I feel like a ditz, I didn't even think to try it through an object instead of the social menu. LOL Thanks Jessie! I will try that next time I open the game ... deeply invested in a few challenges right now so Ruby's biological clock will just have to wait.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 01:11:19 PM »
**facepalm** of COURSE! Wow I feel like a ditz, I didn't even think to try it through an object instead of the social menu. LOL Thanks Jessie! I will try that next time I open the game ... deeply invested in a few challenges right now so Ruby's biological clock will just have to wait.
No problem! It is still extremely annoying not being able to do romantic interactions, it just doesn't seem right- or is that just my Hopeless Romantic side coming out :D If you ever have any problems or glitches again, just ask, as I'm sure you've gathered somebody will help (probably quite a few somebodies!) in this very friendly forum!  :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »
Your right Jessie! All have experienced different things in their games and this forum helps all to find the right fix, or whatever, to enjoy their game.