Author Topic: Hidden Trait Air Guitar  (Read 5582 times)

Leto85

Hidden Trait Air Guitar
« on: July 03, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
As you probably already know you can get the hidden trait Air Guitar by breeding a sim who has become a rock star. But does some of you know if this ability to use the air guitar is something a sim would do randomly, like singing a song, or can you give them the option to do it?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Hidden Trait Air Guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »
They do it randomly, like when a Handy sim throws a wench up and down for a few seconds.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
I'm really sure this topic has two replies already. Where's the second one?
Naga, you haven't accidentially double posted and removed the copy?

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:11:04 PM »
Air guitar is a bona fide option???  I ask because one of my Sims played air guitar once but I'm pretty sure it was a glitch.  The whole file was glitched (Sims appearing and vanishing, Sims caught in endless loops -- it was a hot mess). 

This particular Sim was NOT a Rock Star; he wasn't even a musician.  He just played for his own enjoyment.  On night of the biggest glitchfest, he was at a party, playing the guitar, when suddenly the guitar simply vanished (along with several of the guests).  In the true spirit of show business ("the show must go on"), he continued to play, even though there was no guitar.  Voila, air guitar.

I now have a Hit Movie Composer, and I've never seen her play air guitar.  Maybe that animation is based on the Virtuoso trait rather than the choice of career (my musician Sim is not a Virtuoso)?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 01:29:03 PM »
There is no such hidden trait, Air Guitar. Air Guitar is a hidden skill. It is unlocked only if the Sim in question has the Rocker trait. As Naga said, it is just like the wrench-throwing of the Handy trait.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
Forgot to add, Rocker is a hidden trait gained by reaching the upper ranks of Music career.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
Guitar noises were coming from my Sim, even though he doesn't know the guitar skill. I doubt he's even seen a guitar. Is this also a glitch? He was painting the moment it happened.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »
I've heard about air guitar before but it's never happened to my sims. Maybe you have more of a chance if they're in the music business?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
Leto, I found a few links that have much info on this hidden skill. I cannot post those here, because they are mod sites, or mention mods by names. Should I PM you the information?

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
Is this trait available on Vanilla?  Or is it accessible only via an EP?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »
Is this trait available on Vanilla?  Or is it accessible only via an EP?

It is available with the Base Game only.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
It is available with the Base Game only.
Does that mean it disappears as soon as an EP is installed? Some clarification is needed.

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
Does that mean it disappears as soon as an EP is installed? Some clarification is needed.

No, it won't disapear after installing whatever expansion or stuff pack. I've catched my rock star sim playing air gitar today and I have installed everything.

Forgot to add, Rocker is a hidden trait gained by reaching the upper ranks of Music career.

Could be the true name of the hidden trait is Rocker, but a sim with that will play air gitar, which isn't a hidden skill as you've mentioned before at all because even a hidden skill can be trained, although the game doesn't visually track it.
Oh, and yes: pm me with the info if you please.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 11:02:26 PM »
Could you PM me too if you don't mind? I'm curious to see what it says.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 03:53:21 AM »
Could be the true name of the hidden trait is Rocker, but a sim with that will play air gitar, which isn't a hidden skill as you've mentioned before at all because even a hidden skill can be trained, although the game doesn't visually track it.
Oh, and yes: pm me with the info if you please.

It is a hidden skill of its own kind actually. There is one weird thing about it - it is not fully finished by EA. The reason - in the PM, because that'll be just copy/paste from the other site. Just let me have my morning tea. :)