Author Topic: Warning: (New?) Guitar Star Bug  (Read 3441 times)

CarlosLordofTacos

Warning: (New?) Guitar Star Bug
« on: July 03, 2011, 01:34:08 AM »
Hey everybody, I've just came across a nasty, nasty bug that I've never had before, so I'm guessing it may of came with the new patch. Guitar star would not register no matter how many opportunities I completed, I started tallying them up as soon as I suspected something was iffy but after I got to around 15 I gave up counting and just quit the game. Just a heads up folks. :o

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: Warning: (New?) Bug of Doooooooooom!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:21:58 AM »
Weird, I had no problem with Guitar star in my test file for the rock star challenge. I have the patch + Generations.

Did it happen in a newly created game?
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Warning: (New?) Bug of Doooooooooom!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:23:18 AM »
Carlos,

Your Subject needs to be more specific.  And please spell "doom" correctly.  I know you're trying to create emphasis, but the result is actually not good for the Forum.

So now, about your problem.  Exactly what opportunities did you count that should have gone toward the Guitar Star challenge?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Warning: (New?) Guitar Star Bug
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »
Did it happen in a newly created game?

No it was one I had opened three times before.

So now, about your problem.  Exactly what opportunities did you count that should have gone toward the Guitar Star challenge?

All,the ones that should work like the bookstore sorting one, the back up at the theatre, the political fundraiser at the restaurant, the business office party, not sure if there is any I've missed. I've completed this challenge many, many times before and this is the first time I've ever had problems with it.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »
So you can't finish up that difficult opportunity that came with the guitar? I know it didn't got tracked down visible in the skills page (press J) before, but the game should do it.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
Well, when I (hopefully) get my laptop back today, I`ll reinstall and see if I get the problem again.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 02:37:01 AM »
I haven't heard of a new Guitar Star bug, so maybe it's just your particular game that is glitched. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:55:28 AM »
Yeah, I hope no one else has to suffer it.

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 04:25:30 AM »
Yeah, I hope no one else has to suffer it.

Me neighter.
Well, what you could do to be completely sure does revolve a little more time than just reinstalling so you can see for yourself if you are willing to do that (you don't have to).
What you could do is reinstalling and than putting back your savefiles to see if that will have fixed the problem. And if it doesn't you have to reinstall again and this time start with a new family to do it again.
I know you will need much more time this way, but you will help out a lot of us. This is the only way I can see for you to make sure it was either just your savefile being glitched, or a really nasty bug that came with generations.
I will test this skill too later on, but that will take a while.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 05:59:14 AM »
I`m sorry but I deleted the save file after I had tried everything to sort it bar reinstall. I haven`t reinstalled yet though, as I am waiting for my laptop to return from the menchanic for a hardware fault. And that`ll be a few hours.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 07:35:02 AM »
I`m sorry but I deleted the save file after I had tried everything to sort it bar reinstall. I haven`t reinstalled yet though, as I am waiting for my laptop to return from the menchanic for a hardware fault. And that`ll be a few hours.

Ah, okey. Than I only can wish you good luck in your second try. I mean: I'm almost sure you will try this guitar challenge again. It's very cool to do, at least that's my opinion about it.