Author Topic: Ambitions with World Adventures Glitches/Bugs?  (Read 5353 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Ambitions with World Adventures Glitches/Bugs?
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
I have posted this in the World Adventures board because it's the world adventures EP I'm getting, although I know the topic covers two EPs, so I apologize if this is in the wrong board..

I installed Ambitions a few weeks ago, and am all set to get WA today, but I was just wondering if there is any major things that I should be careful of with these two EPs together, as well as the new patch 1.22 that I downloaded as soon as it was available. I am already aware of the Photography bug, but does it appear just in Generations or the Generations patch also? Is there any other major glitches/bugs that I should be aware of with WA and/or travelling, etc. and how to prevent them? I'm sorry, because I know this is an extremely broad question and everyone's game is different but this is a very important game file and I want to be wary of any potential game breakers that occur often. :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Ambitions with World Adventures Glitches/Bugs?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:43:32 AM »
The Photography bug came with the patch, unfortunately. So not having Generations won't help in this case.

Well, there are several bugs with traveling, but the main one - no Sims after the loading screen has disappeared - is usually prevented by traveling only when the traveler is married (or travels with their partner). That's why traveling is not allowed before the second generation is YA in Immortal Dynasties.

A bug specific to the Ambitions patch and connected to WA is that you can't use the excavation sites in foreign countries if they are on uneven terrain. This occurs mostly in Egypt, but there is a workaround for it - just turn on testing cheats, type in buydebug and put lots of excavation sites on your lot. ;D

My rule of thumb is to save before traveling - thus, you have a recent backup in case one of the traveling bugs occurs. And congratulations on getting WA - despite all the bugs, it is really cool.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:32 AM »
Despite the adventuring part getting old quite soon, because you always do exactly the same tombs, the rest of the EP is quite great. I really like the 3 skills, all the exotic build/buy/CAS items, and the 3 destinations worlds are absolutely gorgeous. Even today, I'm still amazed at the details EA put in it. Hope you'll have a lot of fun with it too!

To get back at your questions, the scary bugs:
1. The photography bug is indeed linked to the patch. You can avoid it by not taking any picture as long as any member of the household has an opportunity of any kind locked (career-skill-special-adventure). First fulfill those opp', or just cancel them, before you attempt any shot.

If by chance your Sim still gets stucked with the "take picture" action, save -> exit game -> clear the caches -> reload.

2. I think that it's only the digsites placed in the world that do not work (the action will auto-cancel). The ones placed on lots work fine.

3. Always save before you leave for a destination. If you want to save while on vacation, use "save as" with a specific name. So that, if anything bad happens, you can always get back to a previous save.

4. Try to avoid as much as possible the area between the Hot Springs and the fishing spot behind, in China. There is a huge routing issue there. As soon as one of your Sim visits these places, the game will send locals to "animate" them. But they can't find their path easily, hence the lag, freeze...

5. If you want to try the Martial art tournament, and you have Late Night, make a specific save point before you invite your first opponent with the phone. Why? Once you call this 1rst local, the game will generate the complete list of 25 opponents to beat to the Grand Master rank, and will sometimes include paparazi. Yet, they can't compete with you, so the tournament will be impossible to finish. If it happens, go back to the save point, and hope they won't be paparazzi in the list this time.

Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
Thank you Chronic and BellaClo. :)

Erm.. about the photography thing, so I can do the photography skill as long as no one in the household has an opportunity? What if it is a photography opp? I think I'll just steer clear from that skill at the moment, anyways..

How much of those site things will I have to put on my lot to stop the bug, Chronic? And do you mean I actually need to put them in my sims' home?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 11:39:42 AM »
Thank you Chronic and BellaClo. :)

Erm.. about the photography thing, so I can do the photography skill as long as no one in the household has an opportunity? What if it is a photography opp? I think I'll just steer clear from that skill at the moment, anyways..

How much of those site things will I have to put on my lot to stop the bug, Chronic? And do you mean I actually need to put them in my sims' home?

There is no way to stop the bug, no, and putting excavation site on your lot won't stop it. But if you want to excavate easily, without getting frustrated with the bug, just (of course if you play with cheats) put a few from buydebug on your lot and excavate those.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 02:11:52 PM »
There is no way to stop the bug, no, and putting excavation site on your lot won't stop it. But if you want to excavate easily, without getting frustrated with the bug, just (of course if you play with cheats) put a few from buydebug on your lot and excavate those.

Oh, okay. Sorry, I understood you wrong there. Thank you. :)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 01:32:40 AM »

Photography opportunities are currently impossible to complete with this bug.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:32:22 AM »
Oh okay. Thanks, Hosfac. :)

anything