Author Topic: Immune To Fire hidden trait  (Read 11157 times)

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
Re: Immune To Fire hidden trait
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
It would be strange if it was unique for my game.  I don't have any mods and besides a couple of things from the swap shop and the sims store have never downloaded anything else.

I've been able to do this since basically since I loaded world adventures (a few months after it came out).  I have played plenty of familys or games.  This particalar screen shot came based on me starting a new game just to show Leto.

But I've made my sims in other games have children with Adam(fireman sunset valley) and Torgo (pizza guy) just to see the traits.  I once got the hidden rock star trait by having a kid with Jon Lesson in Riverside.

I have found however that it seems easier to pass the traits especially with Grady Elfman, Adam and Torgo if you have the child out of wedlock.  Like I did in the picture above Grady and Jamie were not married. Grady was also not part of the household.

Traits also don't automatically pass on, sometimes they won't get the hidden traits.  I once had twins with Adam(fireman) and one twin got both hidden fireman traits, the other got none.   

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 05:13:54 AM »
Hey Maus, thanks for going to all that trouble to show me the picture. It worked for me and I could see that the sim you've tested on has the Makes No Meshes trait. A very cool way.
Perhaps I've not searched for it the right way. You told me to watch the family tree when the sim was going on vacation, right? I had let a sim going on vacation and at the moment he was about to travel (while still being in his house) I've paused the game and looked in the family tree. No I see your sim IS actually on vacation. That was my mistake perhaps.
I will try this again later this day. Thanks for explaining this. How did you find this out to work actually? It's not something I would have thought about myself right away.

If a sim who has a hidden trait got a child who didn't inherate any and that child got another kid, is it possible for that kid to inherate a hidden trait from his grandfather, even while it has skipped a generation?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
@Maus: I've done exactly as you've said: while traveling in a foreign country but I still didn't saw any hidden trait through my sims familytree.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 06:51:23 AM »
@Leto and @Maus - I believe it is just a glitch. I've had it once, but never again, even when traveling with the same Sim. The Sim who's hidden traits were revealed during a travel was her SimBot (SimBots have the Immune to Fire hidden trait).
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »
Leto,
I found out that I could do this by accident when looking at my family tree while traveling. I was not aware this was a glitch/bug in my game, I always thought everyone could do this. I usually only get the bad bugs that ruin your game.

I don't know if a Sim who doesn't get the hidden trait can pass it down to their children, however that is a interesting concept.

So in the name of "Sim Science", I will start a new sim game and find out.  Since it is a big holiday weekend here in the states and I have a full time job during the week. I may not get back to you for a couple weeks with the results.

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »
That's not a problem Maus. I am going to test things myself also.

anything